18 | no worries

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your daughter is just extremely talented. She's not autistic. However, she does experience an inferiority complex as well as shows signs of having alexithymia... there could be more actually, but we're not certain."

"Is that bad?"

"Thankfully, no, and it looks like she's already good at masking. So nothing seems to be a problem, though it looks like she finds comfort in isolation. Let her do that to avoid outbursts of fear and anger-"

"Mom, are you mad?"

"Aww, sweety, no!"

"You look mad..."

"You're just hallucinating."

"Am I?"

"Everything will be fine... don't worry."

"I don't like this..."

"Hm?"

"Am I a mistake?"

"Never."

"Mom, I'm confused... well, I think I'm confused."

"What's wrong?"

"I feel... feel——"

Abruptly, I opened my eyes and felt my hand trembling.

"I feel nothing..."

I slowly sat up from my bed and laid my back against the headboard. I just sat there doing nothing. It's to calm myself and compose what I just dreamt of.

Of all dreams, why does it have to be that one?

The day I found out that something was wrong with me— Well, damn my brain. Why do you have to remind me of that ty memory?

The world truly hates me.

Sighing, I stood up from my bed to prepare breakfast... Today I should eat some pancakes. Yeah, let's do that.

The moment I stepped outside of my bedroom, I immediately noticed a pleasant smell coming from the kitchen.

This was strange, and alarming as I never told anyone my apartment code, even Ning.

So I swiftly grabbed the broom and walked quietly towards the kitchen, only to see Karina, Aeri, and Ning cooking something.

Wait, what?!

I just woke up and this is the first thing I see early in the morning?

I'd be dammed.

"I'm not even going to react..."

Ning was the first to notice me standing under the doorway, her eyes quickly lit up, and hugged me.

It's been almost two weeks since we've seen each other.

That's because I never left my apartment ever since our spring vacation started. All I did was play games with my internet friends.

It's not an exaggeration if I say that I've been having the best time of my life these past weeks.

Ning pulled away. "Ew, why are you so sweaty?" she leaned a bit close to smell me. "In fairness, you still smell like a baby."

I rolled my eyes and playfully pushed her shoulder, she merely chuckled and returned my push.

"I had one of those dreams again."

"Oh? Are you alright?"

"I managed."

I answered while I walked beside Karina with surprised eyes, she's chopping the spring onions quickly with efficiency.

"Never knew you could cook."

Karina glanced at me, "Me either."

I crossed my arms and watched the three do their thing. Honestly, I never bothered helping since I'm too lazy to do it.

"Spill, who knew my passcode?"

"Who else? It's Jimin," Aeri chuckled.

"Knowing you, it was easy." Karina puts the spring onions she chopped into a bowl, "The date of your first win, huh?"

"Definitely, I'm changing that later."

"Why would you do that?" Ning frowned.

"Just because I don't want anyone bothering me?"

"How about we come in unwelcomed and not bother you then?" Aeri suggested.

"Point taken, I guess that's fine."

"Wow, that fast?" Ning laughed.

"As long as you guys don't invade my me time."

"Jeongie, should I put ranch or olive oil?"

Karina asked whilst holding both the oil and ranch with her hands, I then landed my eyes on the salad bowl that was placed in front of her.

"Is that supposed to be mine?"

"Mhm."

"Oh... please go with ranch."

Karina nodded her head, proceeding to put ranch on the salad.

"Thanks..." I mumbled.

Thankfully, Karina noticed this and nodded once again. I could seriously sense this weird tension between us, I'm not sure what it is.

But it's probably nothing to worry about.

"I brought wine!"

Aeri exclaimed, holding a bottle of wine up in the air. I couldn't help but widen my eyes at this— wine in the morning?

"What for?"

Aeri shrugged, "Not sure, but my baby told me to bring one."

I slowly turned my head to look at my best friend. She had this expression that I couldn't explain. Later, she grinned at me and grabbed my arm.

"We're going camping."

"What?"

"Pack your things, we're getting you out of this apartment."

She pulled me away from the kitchen, I didn't resist and followed her behind.

"Now?"

"Yes, now."

When we arrived inside my room, she let go of my hand and pulled out a bag from my closet. I furrowed my brows and watched her put some clothes into it.

"I don't want to..."

"Aw, come on, Minjie! I'm doing this for your sake~ It's not like you should stay inside your whole life. That's just unhealthy!"

"But that's exactly what I want."

"No buts! You're coming!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

| Jimin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter