44 | getting better

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So are you done?"

Minjeong snickered, "Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. This will definitely take my mind off a lot of things for a while... but then again... my money..."

"You're stinking rich! Plus, you never use that salary you earn from the bookstore." Beomgyu casually walked his way toward the kitchen and opened the fridge, "And since you quit, I'm going to feel lonely, ya' know?"

"Right. So what are you doing here again?"

Beomgyu snatched a can of beer from the girl's fridge and sat down next to her on the couch, "I got bored! Soobin, Yeonjun, Hyuka, and the guys back at the bookstore don't want to play with me." he grunted while taking a sip on the can.

"They're tired, Beomgyu. Wasn't it the store's free day? They probably just chose to sleep." Minjeong paused before adding, "Wait, have you asked Taehyun? Doesn't he like to hang around the computer cafe?"

Beomgyu finished drinking the can swiftly before gasping, "Yeah, I should go and find him." he placed the empty can on the coffee table. "Thanks for the short company!"

When he was just about to open the door, Beomgyu was unexpectedly met by a figure who suddenly opened the door. This figure furrowed her brows at the guy and glanced at Minjeong who was preoccupied with her phone on the couch.

"Uhh, Jeongie?" Jimin called.

"Oh, you're here?" Minjeong turned off her phone and turned her gaze at the entrance.

"Who's this?"

"That's Beomgyu, we've been together at the bookstore for a year and a half." Minjeong casually introduced, "And Beomgyu, this is Jimin, my girlfriend."

Hearing the information for the first time, Beomgyu flashed a smirk at Minjeong teasingly which earned an eye roll from her. Immediately after, he politely bowed a Jimin and nonchalantly left the apartment.

Jimin got confused by this, though didn't bother to think much about it further, and approached her girlfriend. She asked if Minjeong was ready to go since she was the one who brought out the idea of going on a trip.

Minjeong tucked her phone into her pocket and nodded her head. The shorter already prepared the moment Beomgyu gave her the idea, thus grabbed the backpack that was beside the couch and wore it.

Noticing how empty the bag look, Jimin curiously patted the girl's bag and snickered. "What's inside?"

"Two pairs of clothes, toothbrush, and toothpaste."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, I don't need anything else."

The shorter shrugged. Then she noticed how Jimin only had a shoulder bag around her shoulder, the latter laughed at this and muttered how she wasn't any better than her.

"I don't want to bring anything. If I need something, I'll just go buy them. Just like you, it's convenient."

"Well, you might wanna go back and grab a few necessities just in case."

Perplexed, Jimin tilted her head. "Where are we going anyway?"

"Japan."

"Huh, don't you and Sicheng have practice for that championship in a few days?"

"Exactly, that's why we're going there." Minjeong gently pulled Jimin out of the apartment to step inside her girlfriend's, "I told our coach that we'll be training there for three days while we all have a good time. What's better than training where kendo itself came from, right?"

Jimin snickered, "Witty."

 

———————————————

 

When everyone finally gathered at the park, they all made their way toward the van Minjeong's brother owned. She allowed everyone to step inside until the only ones left were her and Jimin— they took the vacant seat at the very back.

That's when Minjeong spurted out that she and Jimin were dating which caused the chaos to die and fall in silence. Jimin could only laugh at the abrupt declaration and confirm what her girlfriend said.

Ning and Doyoung didn't move an inch as they already knew about it but for everyone else, of course, they were shocked though expected the news since they knew how close were the two.

Except for Win. Unlike everyone, he acted strangely and snickered at the news, seemingly glad while he was looking through the window beside him. No one noticed this, aside from Doyoung who saw him through the rearview.

"Sicheng, something on your mind?" Doyoung asked.

Taking a glance at Doyoung, Win shook his head. "I just thought of something funny, no worries."

Jeno laughed, "Yeah, don't mind him. He's crazy,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter