49 | this list of things

50 Things I Don't Know About "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Minjeong

Not sure how long it has been but it's been a heck of a long time since I visited my mom. And that's why I'm currently all alone on my way to her house.

I already told my girlfriend about this and said that she'll wait for me inside the apartment so we could leave together before the tournament starts. Well, it's not like I'm just going to visit her just like that anyway.

Today...

I'll be asking her permission for a particular something.

A few moments of walking later, I arrived in front of her door and knocked a few times before stepping into the residence.

"Mom, I'm here!"

As my voice echoed throughout the empty living room, my mom's head peeked from the kitchen's corridors. She looked like she was cooking something, and as I walk inside further, something delicious immediately lingered around my nose.

"Smells good!"

I approached the kitchen and laid my back against the corridor— seems like she's cooking beef curry.

Maybe I should stay and eat before I go.

"I know I missed you and all but... what brings you here, honey?" Mom gave me that sharp gaze of her, eyes squinted.

"Huh, did you forget?"

"Hm?" Mom tilted her head as she turned off the stove when the curry was finished, "Forget what?"

I smiled sarcastically, "To think that you really forgot... even dad remembered!"

I said with disappointment but mom only smiled and gave me a hug as soon as she removed the apron around her... To think that she's really my mother.

"Mom, today is the day of my tournament."

Mom paused for a second before casually grabbing a plate to get the curry. She placed the plate on the dining table and turned her back to face me, strangely maintaining her smile with no signs of faltering.

Dad wasn't kidding when he told me that I took after her.

"Oh, I know that."

I narrowed my eyes in doubt, "Did you?"

Mom released a peal of laughter and calmed down immediately after shaking her head, "Nah, I totally forgot."

"Thought so." I sighed, "Sometimes I wonder why you still act like you're in your teens."

"Well, don't I look younger than my age?"

She puts on a pretty face and smiles at me. People might really get the wrong idea that this person is my sister if we ever go shopping together— she's glowing.

I quickly shook my head, "Anyway! I'm not here to tell you about my tournament."

Mom approached the kitchen once again to grab herself a bowl of rice and chopsticks. Then she sat down on one of the dining room's chairs, focusing her attention on me.

"Then what are you here for?"

With that question, I rummaged through my bag and placed a piece of paper in front of her on the table. She stared at this confusedly and soon widened her eyes the moment she read a few words that were embedded in it.

"Eh, a contract? Weren't you engaged to that Sicheng guy? He was really a good guy, you know?"

I raised a brow, "You know him?"

"Of course, honey! I and your father might've gone our separate ways, but we still tell the news to each other regarding you and your brother. And to answer your question, I met him at the marketplace a few days ago. The fellow helped me carry the groceries till we reached the bus stop."

Huh, must be some coincidence... or not?

"I see... Well, I'll get straight to the point." I took a deep breath, "I'm dating Mr. Yu's daughter and I'm wondering if uhm... you're alright with me signing the contract."

"Daughter... you say?"

I couldn't help but close my eyes, "Yeah."

"I mean, as long as you're happy you can do whatever you want... Though, can I see her?"

"Right now?"

I opened an eye slightly only to see her gazing at me with those sparkling eyes. This wasn't what I was expecting, it made me fully open my eyes and sigh in relief.

"She's back at the apartment waiting for me. But if you want... I could hit her up and do video call?"

Mom was quick to agree and nod her head.

Thus, I took out my phone and called Karina for a video call which she immediately answered.

"Jeongieeee~"

She gave me her usual smile and positioned the camera in front of her at a good angle that complimented her body- wait, what?

"Why are you only in your lingerie?"

"I just came out of the bath." Karina tied her hair into a messy ponytail, "Like what you see?" she stood up and twirled around.

"I don't know and I don't understand, Rina. But you look beautiful, as always and I don't think you need me to tell you that."

"It sounds different coming from you, okie?" she chuckled.

I shot a glance at mom who was patiently waiting for me to show my girlfriend, smirking. So I cleared my throat and caught Karina's attention.

"Hey, Rina."

"Mmm?"

"Do you mind meeting my Mom?"

Karina raised her brows, "Woah, where did that suddenly come from?" she laughed. "I don't mind! It's a pleasure actually. What time?"

I snickered, "Right now... so you might wanna at least cover yourself."

"Ah?"

"Look, let me switch the camera."

Switching the camera to face my mom though not showing her the screen, Karina's eyes grew bigger and she immediately pulled out a jacket that seemed to be mine and wore it. I giggled at this and switched back the camera to hand my phone to mom.

I stood behind her, curious to watch how they would interact.

I would've brought her with me here but I wanted to surprise her with the contract later aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter