Argue

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Look, we can sit here and argue all day or we can leave now and get to the castle sooner and get this whole thing over with." Heeseung stepped in as Jay and I glared each other down, waiting for the other to back down first.

"I will not be riding a horse with any of you." I say simply. It was bad enough I was being taken from my home, but to be forced to ride a horse with them as well? No.

"Seori, please. Just bare it for two days, that's all we ask." Sunoo said.

I was growing tired of this boy stepping in and asking me to go along with things. I didn't want to be rude to him, but if he thought that his cute face was going to make me accept, he was wrong.

"That's it!" Jay said before he stepped forward and pulled me away from Max. "Either you get on one of our horses willingly or I throw you on one." He said through gritted teeth.

I knew he was getting tired of my attitude, but I didn't care. I stick my chin up to show I wasn't backing down from what I said.

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Put me down!" I yell out as he threw me over his shoulder and marched to where their horses stood waiting. I was a bit surprised when he set me down, but it was short lived as he spun me around to face the horse and picked me up once more, throwing me up on the saddle, stomach first.

The air was knocked out of my lungs for a second as my bruised ribs hit the saddle. I struggle with my hands being tied but I managed to sit properly on the horse. I shot Jay a glare as he walked to a different horse, at least I wouldn't have to ride with him. I curse at him under my breath as he climbs into his saddle, he would be taking the horse that Max was tethered too.

"I'm sorry." Sunoo said as he walked over and grabbed onto the saddle while hooking his foot in the stirrup. He sits down in front of me and twists around to grab my hands, tying another rope to the one that kept my wrist bound together before taking the other end and tying it to the saddle. "Just to keep Jay calm." He said quietly.

I roll my eyes and refuse to speak as we started to leave town. This was going to be a long journey.

~~

We had rode continuously all day besides a break during midday for us and the horses to refuel. The sun was now setting over the horizon as we found a spot to make camp for the night. Once again me and Jay were in a fight over something ridiculous that he wanted.

"I can sleep alone, damnit! I've been quite all day since we left, I haven't tried anything at all! The least I could have is some privacy as I sleep!" I was losing my sanity with all this fighting with the stuck up guard. He wants me to willingly sleep in a tent with one of them. There were three tents, I could easily have one to myself.

"She's right, Jay. Let her have her space for the night." Heeseung said as he grew tired of our yelling.

"Thank you!" I turn and gave a nod to him.

"Whatever." Jay threw his hands up and walked away mumbling under his breath.

I sigh before I walk over to one of the tents, pulling the flap back so I could enter. My hands had been untied for dinner and they had left them that way to my surprise. I wasn't going to say anything to them though, of course.

~

I wait until the fire had long died and the sounds of them moving around had stopped before I sit up as quietly as possible. I knew this would probably end badly, but I had to try.

"I knew it." I heard a mocking voice say as soon as I had stood up straight out of the tents opening.

"Knew what? That I was going to get a drink of water in the middle of the night?" I turn and ask the oh so annoying Jay.

"Sure, that's what you were doing." He rolled his eyes as he stood from his spot by the dead fire. "Back in your tent, you can have water tomorrow."

"Do

Please log in to read the full chapter