Care

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

The trip back to the castle was quite and tense, the king even sleeping in the corner of the tent with his back to me.

I wondered if he realized he wasn’t the only one affected by the news, it was my life after all that was going to be lost.

Death never really scared me, it was kinda something that was just always near. I didn’t want to die, but I was never opposed to the idea. Now, now I didn’t want to.

I guess since I was to die, then I might as well do what I could before that happened. No being sad about it, I would just live while I could.

I smile bitterly as I watch the kings back as we rode into the castle grounds. I had no idea why he was so mad, he was the one that acted as if it was me or the kingdom, it would be the kingdom when we had first met.

One person’s sacrifice for a whole kingdom, I guess it was fair.

As soon as a stable hand took his horse he stormed into the castle, leaving everyone that had came out to meet us look at him and then me, confused.

I explain to them what happened as I got Max cleaned up and fed.

“You should try and talk to him.” Sunoo said as he fiddled with some hay.

“He hasn’t said a word to me since the witch told us. Why should I go to him?” I wasn’t about to go to him again, this was foolish. I understood he had a lot on his shoulders, but everytime something happened he shut down and acted as if no one existed. That wouldn’t fix anything.

“Jake… has a weird way of coping, he may not say it, but he needs someone. I think you’re the best one to talk to him about it, you snap back when needed and he needs someone with a level head to get him back to senses.”

I sigh as I set the water bucket down. “Fine, but don’t get mad at me if he gets a black eye.”

“I will find a different way though, we’re not giving up on you this quick.” Jay added.

“Let’s just not get our hopes up.” I call over my shoulder, the sooner we all accepted it, the better. The kingdom didn’t have forever.

~*~

The old witch sighed as she knew someone was coming for her, and today was the day they would meet.

She was glad the king and the dragon protector had made it so soon, today would be her last day.

“No need in sneaking around, I know you’re there.” Won called out to the man sneaking around her house, trying to see if she was asleep so he  could attack her like the coward he was.

“So you’re a real witch?” Gyu smirked as he walked in, his nose wrinkling from the looks of the witches hut. “Maybe dust a little.”

“I’m not telling you what I told the king.” The w

Please log in to read the full chapter