Two can play

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

Turns out, sleeping on the ground was not that bad.

I sit up and stretch after the sun had already risen, it’s warmth burning through my eyelids waking me up.

“I hope you know, you’ve had people looking for you all morning.” Sunghoon said as he walked over, his hands shoved in his pockets.

“Sorry, I fell asleep so fast out here.”

He sighs with a smile as he offers me a hand up. “You need to rest, in a bed.”

“What is this for?” I ask after he pulled me up and into his arms.

“You looked like you could use a hug.”

I don’t say anything as I accept his hug and wrap my arms around his waist, this is the most affection I’ve received since I was little, I liked it, but I also felt on edge about it. If I got used to it I would miss it in the end as well.

“Heeseung should be returning soon.” Sunghoon said as he pulled away and started heading for the castle.

“Good, I’m ready to speak with the witch.” I didn’t know if the kings offer me to go still stood, but I would go even if he didn’t like it.

We enter into the dinning room and I take a seat between Ni-ki and Jongwon across from Sunoo and Sunghoon.

Sunoo let out a laugh as he covered his mouth. I felt my hair get pulled a little making me snap my head around to Ni-ki, he was pulling grass out of my hair.

I felt my cheeks burn as I brush my hands through my hair to try and get anymore grass out of it, I probably looked a mess, but I didn’t care to much. I explain to them I had fallen asleep outside, making them all laugh a little more.

I was shocked to see the king enter and take his usual seat at the head of the table. My eyes following him until he looked up and caught me staring.

During breakfast we all just chatted about what the witch may know or be like, no one here had actually met her before besides the king when he was a kid.

After breakfast I go and cleaned up before heading for the stables to spend sometime with Max and to catch Heeseung when he first arrived.

It was past lunch when Heeseung and the other guards finally showed up.

“Is it a coincidence that you’re here, or are you a little impatient?” Heesung asked as he dismounted and handed his horse off to the stable hands.

“Who knows.” I grin as I follow him to the castle. “How was the trip though?”

“Uneventful really. The witch… is odd, but I guess that’s what happens when you live your whole life in the middle of the forest.”

“Wait, am I odd? I lived in the woods for five years alone.” I turn to him with my brows raised, I wanted to see what he had to say about me.

“That was only five years, you weren’t too odd.”

I punch his arm making him laugh as he rubbed it, I cracked a smile as well. Though, the voice in my head kept nagging me, telling me this would all b

Please log in to read the full chapter