I warned him

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

I curse as I pace my room that I had been forced back into by the king. I said every colorful name I could think of hoping the guards on the other side of my door heard it all.

A knock on my door causes me to stop and roll my eyes at the fact I could not be left alone for more then a few waking moments. "Who is it?"

A guard walked in and bowed his head a bit. "Sir Sunoo, would like to speak with you, ma'am."

I just nod my head letting him know that was fine, Sunoo was the only one I think I could actually have a real conversation with.

Sunoo walked in and thanked the guard who then walked out the door and it behind him.

"I heard his majesty showed you the tree..?" He asked as he walked over to the small table in the middle of the room and sat down.

"He did, yes..." I nod my head as I recall the image's the tree had showed me. I knew their was magic in this world, but I had never really experienced it first hand.

"What do you think if it all?"

"I don't know." I sigh as I walk to the table and take a seat across from him. "Sunoo, why won't they give me a choice in the matter?" Maybe I could get an answer from him.

"Ja- his majesty has a bad history that makes him prejudging to all women." Sunoo said as he ran a finger in a circle on the table, he looked like he didn't feel great talking about the king's past without his knowledge. "You see, once his mother found out about the curse, she ran. His majesty was only a boy when his mother left him and his father without a second thought. Then his fathers second wife only married him for status, she tried to kill him in his sleep, but Jake stopped her in time."

I was about to protest on how this had nothing to do with me, but then I realized I didn't like men because of what happened in my past. Still, I should be offered a chance.

"The king is really a sweet person, it's just buried because of how women had treated him and his father all his life. He's scared of women-don't let him know I said that." Sunoo let out a small laugh causing me to smile from how contagious his mood was. "He pushes them away and makes sure he always has the upper hand so he doesn't have to worry about getting hurt or used by a woman."

After hearing this, I guess the king's attitude made sense, but I would not sit back and let myself be treated like trash.

"Seori..?" I look up and hum. "Will you help us, please? You're the only one that can save this kingdom. I know, it's hard to work with the king and Jay, but please, once they see you're willing to help, their attitudes will change and you'll be able to see how sweet and caring they really are."

The desperation in Sunoo's eyes made my heart crack a little. Even if it seemed like Jay and Jake were nothing but pricks, at least this one was caring and actually asked me for help.

"Can I have time to think...?" I ask not expecti

Please log in to read the full chapter