End

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

It had been a week since I had woken up, and every night that I close my eyes I see it all happen all over again. So, my nights were now spent roaming through the library by lamp light.

"Seori?"

I scream and throw the book I had in my hand at the person that had popped up behind me. 

"Hey!" He yelled as he just dodged the flying book. "Why did you do that?" Jake asked as he looked from the book back to me, his darks eyes wide with shock.

"You scared me!" I didn't hear anyone come in, I was lost in my own world.

"Sorry." Is all he said as he went and retrieved the poor book. "Why are you in here so late though?" 

"Can't sleep." I shrug as I take the book from him, I was just returning it to its shelf when he had almost gave me heart failure.

"So, you spend your time in here? What are you looking for?" He strolls over to my side and looks over the books, all the titles were related to topics about dragons. "Dragons?" 

"I'm trying to gather as much information as I can about them." 

"What are you planning?" He turned to me, I could see a bit of concern in his eyes. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" 

"Like what?" He looked away for a second and shook his head before turning back to me. 

"As if I'm about to up and run away..." 

"Are you?" 

I was a bit hurt by the way he asked that, why would I just up and leave after everything.

"I was planning on asking you in a month or so if you would like to help me find as many last living dragons as we can, I think it would be a great idea to locate and keep an eye on all the dragons left in the kingdom, maybe try and help bring the population back up..." 

"Oh." 

I let out a snort, did he still not trust me fully? 

"I don't know how many times I have to say or prove it, but I will not be leaving any of you behind willingly... You guys are my family now." 

"I'm sorry... I just need to learn to trust you, you've done nothing wrong."

"Exactly, so stop being so cautious around me. I'm not a bad person." 

~~

"I have a question?" 

I hum as I look away from my book, it was the next night and the king had joined me in the library once again.

"When was the last time you had a full night sleep?" 

"The night before all that happened." I reply quickly, I didn't want to think about the fact that even though Gyu was dead, he was still tormenting me. 

"That's it." He stands up and marks his book before taking mine and doing the same. 

I look from the books to him with a raised brow.

"You're getting some sleep." He then grabs my hand and the lamp, p

Please log in to read the full chapter