Switch

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day Jake had brought me breakfast in the library and even looked through books with me as we ate.

We wouldn't hear anything about the dragon witch until Heeseung returned the next evening, so the only thing we could do was read and read.

A few hours later and Jake heads out complaining about his eyes and craving something sweet. A minutes after he left I decide I would go and grab some water and let my eyes rest as well.

I offer the maids a smile as they insisted on taking our dishes away from me half way to the kitchen.

One returned quickly with me a cup of water and a piece of bread, I didn't ask for the latter, but I took it with gratitude.

Instead of going to the library I head to see Max, feeling bad about staying coped up and not seeing him as much since we returned.

"I have to say, the dress looks pretty good on you."

I almost drop my cup as I hear a voice I never wanted to hear again. Instead of showing him how shocked I was that he was here, I drop my cup and pull a knife before I turn and march over to him.

"Don't." Jay said as he pulled me away from the disgusting man. "If you do anything stupid it could start a war between the kingdoms."

I snatch away and say nothing as I glare Gyu down, he was lucky I didn't want to risk starting a war.

Not wanting to look at him a moment longer I turn and head straight back into the castle.  I head to my room as quickly as I could without flat out running up the stairs and down the hall. Once in I lean on the closed door and take a few deep breaths, I felt sick.

What was he doing here? What if they knew what the stones were?

I rush to my bed and pull them out from under the mattress, once I had the small bag I head to the fire place and pull a brick out that I had found loess the first time I was here. I had chipped away at the stone behind it so I would have a pocket where I could hide things if needed, it was always good to be one step ahead of everyone.

When I replaced the stone I take a seat on my bed and wait, I would not leave my room until I knew they were gone. But, the world had other plans.

"Nonsense!"

My eyes widen as I hear Jake yelling.

This made me rush out my room and over to the stairs to see what was going on.

"By Kiji law, she belongs to me." Gyu said with a self satisfied smile.

Did he mean I belong

Please log in to read the full chapter