Here we go again

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

I smile as I see Max being pulled into the stables, I couldn't wait to ride him again. I have never gone this long without riding him.

"What are you doing with him?" I turn to face the man holding Max. Instead of his saddle, they were putting bags on him.

"He will be one of the luggage horses for your journey." The man said cluelessly.

"Let me guess, the king ordered this?"

"Yes ma'am." He nodded seeming confused.

"Jake!" I yell as I turn on my heel and head back for the castle only to stop when I see the arrogant king standing there with his eyebrows raised.

"No need to shout."

"No need to shout? No need! Why is my horse being used as a pack mule? He is a well trained horse, not some low farm animal! He's probably smarter then you!" I exclaim as I stalk toward the king, until I was cut off by Jay of all people. "Jay, move."

"You need to get yourself in line, you're a peasant, you have no right to talk to the king the way you have been-" He was cut off by me setting my right leg behind his left and then grabbing his shoulder and pushing him back. The sound of him hitting the ground bringing me a little joy.

"Woah, woah! That's enough now!" Jungwon called out as he pulled Jay back away from me. "That was uncalled for." He said to me as he held his friend back.

"You know what was uncalled for? Starving me, shooting me in the shoulder and throwing me around like a sack of potatoes! I think what I just did was well deserved!" Jungwon sent Jay a look as if to see if I was lying.

"Come with me." The king said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me to the stables. 

As soon as we enter the stables I shake his hand off and turn to face him, crossing my arms as my foot taps the ground.

"You really need to get a hold on that temper."

I let out a humorless laugh and point a finger to my chest. "Me? I need to get a hold on my temper? You need to stop pissing me off."

"Look, you can't ride your own horse, how will we know as soon as you get on him you won't run?" The king asked as he threw his hands up a bit.

"Because I haven't ran yet!" I yell now fully pissed. "You don't get it do you? If I wanted to kill you or anyone here I could, if I wanted to leave, I would already be gone!" I turn and pace a few steps away before I turn back to face the king. "I want to save those innocent people. Not because you asked, because you didn't. Im going to help because I will not stand by and let people die if I'm the only one that can help save them!"

"We still can't trust you." Is all he said in return.

"Of course you can't, why you can't trust me? Because you're a man, you all think the same way and act the same way!" I walk past him and make sure I bump his arm with my shoulder as I do so.

I walk over to Max, who was loaded down with luggage. "Im so sorry boy." I say quietly as I pet his neck. "These people can't see you're an amazing horse who doesn't deserve to be treated so lowly."

"Did you really throw Jay on the ground?" I hear Sunoo asked quietly from beside me.

"I did." I reply simply. I look up when I hear the man bust out in laughter. "What?"

I

Please log in to read the full chapter