No joy

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

~*~

"So heartbreaking." Gyu said from his spot behind the guard, his face still bloddy from where Seori had broken his nose.

In a rage Jay turned and ran him through with his sword.

Guy's mouth fell open in a silent scream before he slowly fell to his side, his eyes growing dim as his heart stopped beating.

And then Jay was on his knees with the rest of the guard, his head hung low as he let a tear slip out.

They had lost a friend, a family member.

Seori had quickly grew on them all, she had easily found a place among them.

The only sound in the throne room was the kings cries as he begged the dead girl to open her eyes.

No one dared to pull the king away, they knew how he felt, she had taken a piece of them all with her.

She's really gone.

The king couldn't believe it, he wouldn't.

Since they had visited the witch all he has done is push away the fact Seori would die for something his family did.

If he had never sent his men looking for her, she'd still be alive.

His heart hurt so much, too much. He knew he had grown to care for the girl, but this felt deeper then what he first thought, it was like someone was slowly ripping his heart apart, one string at a time.

It's pounding was definite in his ears as he slowly rocked back and forth, he was trying so hard not to fall into his mind, trying so hard to will Seori back to life.

He begged.

Begged God, the spirits, the world, anything that maybe out there to please bring her back, he promised to make her life better, easier if she came back. He promised to stop acting so childish when things went wrong, he would be a real king.

"I think, I love you." He whispered into her hair. He let out a heart wrenching chuckle. He knew he loved her, this girl had his heart.

It's too late.

He snapped at his mind savagely.

His world was falling apart, he didn’t need his own mind adding to the pain he felt.

~~

Three days.

It has been three days since Seori passed.

Today was the day they would place the stones in the tree.

Today was the day they would lay Seori to rest.

The castle had never been

Please log in to read the full chapter