Thief

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

I open my eyes as I hear the floor creak, panic rising instantly. I hold my breath as I wait to see if I had heard right.

The second creak let me know I was indeed hearing right. I move my hand to my left as slowly as I could to grab my knife that lay a few inches away from me on the bed. As soon as my fingers wrapped around the handle, something heavy was on top of me, holding my hand down.

"Don't even think about it." A man whispered close to my ear. The person rolls me over onto my back, I was only met with the outline of a person, the room was to dark for me to see anything more.

"What do you want? I don't have money." I state.

"A little friend told me you have a special stone."

That .

"That friend of yours must have been mistaken." I didn't even flinch when I felt the cold edge of a blade to my throat, I had been through this process before. My grip on my knife tightened, though I could not lift it because the man still had my hand pinned to the bed, the other was under his leg.

"I don't think so. She said a girl with a sword, most women don't carry swords and seeing as there's one by your bed. I'm pretty certain you're the one she was talking about."

This is exactly what I was afraid would happen, thanks to the kings carelessness we had people already after the stone.

"Where is it?"

"Again, I don't know what stone you're talking about." It was best to play coy for now until I thought of a plan. I knew my sword was next to the bed, but with my hands pinned there was no way for me to grab it. I needed to throw this guy off balance or something.

He pressed the knife harder to my neck making me tilt my head back. "Don't play with me, just tell me where it is and I'll let you live."

"In the box, right there." He pulls the blade away from my neck and flings his hand out to the bedside table and taps around trying to find what box I was talking about, him leaning over was enough for me to throw him off balance.

The 'thud' that emitted from the floor was satisfying. I roll the opposite way and hold my knife up, waiting for him to stand. I could hear him pull a sword from its sheath making me wish I had tossed him the other way because my sword was next to him.

"A dirty trick, but a good one." He said as he finally stood up.

I could see his outline, but it was still so dark that it was hard to pin point a vital area to hit, it was a do or die moment. I bring my hand up and just let the knife fly, I hear a curse letting me know it had at least hit him, but no idea how much damage I had done yet. Either way, I was not going to wait and see.

I make a run for the door, but was stopped by a pain in my side.

"." I stumble into the door as my hands cover my wound, pain spreading from the spot rapidly. I pull my hand away and try to open the door, it was hard because my hand was slipping, but I still managed.

A few steps into the hall and I was tackled to the ground. I groan as my head hits the floor, tonight just was not going according to plan.

"What's going on?" Or maybe it was.

"Jungwon!" I yell out with a bit of relief to see one of the guards awake. The few lamps in the hall allow me to see his eyes widen when he finally realizes what's going on.

Then it all happened pretty fast after that. Jungwon instantly went into fight mode and tackled the guy off of me, I rolled over and sat up as I watched them struggle a bit before Jungwon got the upper hand and stab the man's sword through his arm, pinning him to the ground. Jungwon had a swollen lip and a scratch on his cheek, but other then that he seemed fine.

"What happened?" He asked as he stood up, catching his breath.

"I woke up and he was in my room, looking for the stone." I was panting too as I held m

Please log in to read the full chapter