Real

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

The castle staff, the guard, and the king all gathered around the willow tree.

Under the willow tree wrapped in all white lay Seori, her skin as pale as the cloth she was covered in.

Jake bit down on his lip as the castle's bishop started to speak, his words were artificial, he didn't know Seori, he didn't know that she was a real fighter, that she may have moments when she was sweet, but most the time she was a smart- or sarcastic. He didn't know what all she did to save the kingdom, no one outside of their close circle would know what all had happened, no one would other then them would truly know how she was and what she had done for them all.

"And now, we lay this soul to rest." The bishop called as he stepped away for the king to light the wood that was stacked under Seori.

The king hesitates as he looks her over.

How can this really be the end...?

It was, there was no way to deny it, she hasn't moved, had a heart beat, took a breath in three days. She was dead.

Lost to them all.

Just as the king lowered the torch he froze.

All their heads snap up when a roar ripped through the air, it felt as if the roar was a mix of rage and lose.

Jake had to stop himself from stumbling back away from where Seori lay as the dragon dropped to the ground on the other side of her. He slowly put the torch out, he knew from watching Seori you couldn't have anything that the dragon took as a threat or it would kill you.

"What is it?" Jake had no idea why he spoke to the dragon, not like they could communicate.

The dragon was beautiful, it was pitch black save for its spine, under belly, and the tips of its wings, those were dusted in a blue that seemed to glow in the dim evening light.

"Your majesty." The bishop held a hand out as the king stepped closer.

The rest of the guard stood in stunned silence.

"What do you want?" Jake asked the dragon as he was now right beside Seori's body.

The dragon let out a low growl as he sniffed Seori's hand.

"She's gone." The young king whispered to the creature.

The dragon clicked a few times as it raised its head.

Jake closed his eyes as the dragon let out a another roar, this one made his ears ring long after the dragon had stopped.

Jake turned back to face the dragon. "I'm angry too!" He yelled at the dragon, he was upset she was gone too, he could understand why the dragon was upset. Seori was ripped away from them before they could even see what all she had planned, before she could even save the dragons like she wanted too.

She was gone before she could even live a real life.

The young king shallowed hard to try and keep his tears down, he had trying so hard to keep it all in, he was the leader of this land, he couldn't fall apart.

They all watched as the horse sized dragon slowly climbed onto the platform Soeri was laying on, the king almost jumping forward and pushing it off of her, but something told him not to interfere.

The dragon laid down next to her, resting its head on her chest. It let out a few clicks before it closed its eyes.

No one moved as the dragon just laid there, it felt as if it was mouring her dea

Please log in to read the full chapter