Friends after all

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

When the dragon didn't move I took that as a good sign and started to move my hand again.

My arm felt heavy and stiff, my whole body felt heavy and tense, I was actually scared out of my mind, but my family have been dealing with dragons for over a hundred years, I could do it too.

When my hand was level with the dragons snout I could feel it's hot breath. The dragon moved its head a bit closer trying to sniff my hand.

My back went rigid as I saw it inch closer, ever instinct in my body was telling me to run and never look back.

When the dragon was only an inch away from my hand I could feel as it took a breath in, taking my scent in with it. It let it's breath out that fanned over my face, my eyes closed as I felt how hot it's breath was, bringing tears to my eyes from the temperature. I opened them back up and almost screamed when the dragons snout was a few inches away from my face, my eyes widen as my breath got caught in my throat.

The dragon let out a low growl as it turned its head to look me in the eye, the lavender color was unnerving as it eyed me for a few heart beats. Once it was done looking me over again it turned its snout to me and bumped into my chest making me take a step back.

"Okay, calm down." I say after a few times of it happening and me almost falling on my .

The dragon stopped and made more clicking sounds as it moved a bit closer, I was worried it was trying to see if I would be a tender snack by the way it bumped me a few times.

I let out a small scream as it tackled me to the ground, my hands go to its throat as my back meets the ground.

"Seori!" I hear someone call out.

"Don't do anything!" The dragon wasn't hurting me, it was just sniffing me, for now.

I decide to try and pet it again to make sure it was being friendly instead of trying to see if I smelt appetizing enough for it.

"Let me pet you" I say as I hold my hand up, I don't know why I was talking, maybe it was because I was panicking, but it seemed to work.

The dragon stopped sniffing my face and moved its head back to look over my hand. A few gasps were let out from the tunnel as the dragon rubbed its snout into my open hand.

"Can I get up?" I decide to ask seeing as it seemed to understand what I said a moment ago.

The dragon made more clicking sounds as it stepped away from me allowing me to slowly get to my feet, I had a feeling that the dragon wouldn't hurt me, but better to be safe and take things slow.

It tilted its head back and forth as I dust myself off and stand straight to hold my hand out again, this time it eased into my hand instead of tackling me to the ground. As the dragon let out a low soft growl I felt my panic ease away, it was like the dragon was purring. I couldn't help but smile as I reach up with my other hand and caress it's soft feather like leaves that covered it's body.

I look behind me and then back to the dragon. "I have some friends here, can they come see you?" I ask as I pet the top of its head.

It pulled away and looked at the tunnel where the others stood stock still, some of their eyes widen as the dragon takes a few steps towards them.

"It's okay, just hold your hand out." I assure them as the dragon kept taking small steps to the tunnel.

Sunoo was the first to step forward and hold his hand out for the dragon to sniff, he let out a small laugh as the dragon pushed its snout into his hand. Sunoo looks up to me with a bright smile as the dragon continued to let him pet it. After a few moments Sunghoon stepped forward and then Heeseung, they both took turns petting the dragon.

I was surprised at how friendly the dragon was, it made me wonder why anyone would want to kill them if they were all like this when you showed them you meant no harm.

Soon enough everyone had pet the dragon besides Jay, he stood away from the dragon and eyed it as if waiting for it to kill them all.

The dragon turned to me as I joined the group. "We have to leave now, I took the earth stone, we need it for something really important. If I can I'll bring it back when we're done using it." I pet the dragon a bit more as I talk, hoping it understood what I was saying, when it steps back and makes a few clicking sounds as it spreads it's wings I was worried it was going to attack me for taking the stone, but I was proved wrong when it bowed it's head for a second before taking off.

I watch it as it circles the clearing a few times before taking off out of sight, I guess now that the stone was gone it had no reason to be here.

"Well, that was interesting." I say with a laugh as I look back at the others.

"Interesting? What

Please log in to read the full chapter