Shh

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

Back out on horse back was exactly what I needed after dealing with that princess, I didn't want thoughts of her to cloud my mind any farther, or the image of the king shirtless on the floor with her on top of him.

Stop. 

I shake my head and give Max a pat on the neck, it felt longer then a few days since riding him so I was glad for us to be moving once again. 

The next stone we were after was the air stone, and according to the map it was in the north mountains, somewhere that will be getting cold this time of year.

"Seori!" 

My head turns to the side as a smile comes to my lips automatically. 

"Sunoo?" I raise a playful brow as he trots up next to me, a smile bright on his face as well. 

"Ni-ki said there is a river a few hundred yards up the path, we plan on stopping there for the night." 

"Okay, that's a good place." I nod my head, having a fresh water source close to us would be good. 

"You want to race?" He asked as he bounced a little in his saddle. 

"I could never turn down an offer to leave someone in the dust." I grin as I roll my shoulders a little, it had been a while since Max and I had raced someone, at least this time we wouldn't be running for our lives. 

"We'll see about that." He said with a bright laugh. 

"Let me join!" 

We both look behind us to see the young navigator. 

"Don't get sour when you two lose." I say to the both of them as I pull Max to a stop. 

"Sunghoon, come set us off." Ni-ki asked the man as he stopped next to us with a confused look. 

He rolled his eyes but smiled as he pulled his horse around so he could watch us line up better. 

"On three."

We all nod as we line up. 

"One..."

I felt a grin stretch over my face as I adjusted the reins a little. 

"Two..."

I look from the corner of my eye and see the two men leaning forward in their saddles a little. 

"Three!" 

I give Max a kick to his side as I click my tongue twice, and that's all it took for him to take off. 

As we galloped down the path  I couldn't help but let out a laugh, it was such a great feeling to have the air rush past us, for a small second the world was gone and there was nothing but me and my horse. I missed when we would do this, when we would out run the world for just a small moment, when nothing mattered. 

I see the river come into view, when we were fifty yards away I pull the reins back a little letting Max know it was time to stop. 

I throw my arms in the air and cheer as the others pull to a halt next to me, my heart was beating a little fast from our small victory, I knew we would win, but that didn't stop me from feeling excited about it. 

"Told you." I say with a laugh as I slide off of Max. 

Sunoo says nothing but sticks his tongue out as he too got off his horse. 

"I was going easy." Ni-ki said as he joined us. 

I hum and nod my head as I turn and start to undo my saddle. 

"Why would you run off like that?" 

And here was the biggest pain in my . 

"It's called a race, it's fun." I say over my shoulder as I pull the saddle off of Max, I then grab up a brush and start to brush any loose hair or dirt off of him. 

"We can't just be running off from one another, we have no idea if there are bandits out here." Jay snapped as he got down off his horse. 

I decide to not say anything, I was in a good mood and I was not going to let him mess that up. 

Everyone does their own thing to help get camp ready for the night, now that we had brought more guards with us there was more to be done, more food to cook, more water to gather, and more tents to set up. 

I didn't think we needed the extra guards, but the king insisted. So, once again we were back to sharing tents. 

My lip curled at the thought, but I would just deal with it, there was no point in trying to fight about the matter anymore. I would just make sure I shared a tent with Sunoo and hopefully Sunghoon. There was twelve of us all together and we had brought four tents so that our horses wouldn't be carrying useless weight from more then that. 

So as we started to set tents up I headed for the two men that I liked the most amoung them all. "This is pitiful, but pleas

Please log in to read the full chapter