Law

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

My body felt heavy as I make my way from the bathing room into the small bedroom that would be mine for the night. Everyone in the village was healed and resting well.

The families of the sick had tried to offer me anything they could, clothes, food, money, animals. I had refused everything besides the offer of a warm bed, a hot bath, and food.

I fall face first in the small bed and let out a huff of breath as my sore body sunk into the mattress, it was heaven compared to the cave floor we slept on the night before. I close my eyes and was just about to drift off to sleep when a sharp pain in my chest made my body jerk, my hand going to my chest as my legs curled up. My whole body was pulling in on itself as I squeezed my eyes shut willing the sudden pain to stop.

Finally it eases up and I slowly uncurl taking a few deep breathes. I hadn't felt a pain like that since Jay had killed the water dragon. Fear spiked up in me, thoughts of another dragon dying made my heart sink. I maybe getting along with my mission to find the stones, but if dragons were still dying I wasn't doing good enough on my other mission to protect them.

I couldn't think of anyway to protect them, how could I when I had no idea where they all were. And there was the fact that many of the dragons kept to their own kind, they didn't often mingle together.

As I lay there staring at the wall raking my brain in what I could do to save them, a simple idea popped in my head.

I get from my cozy bed and make my way out the door, slipping my boots on as I go. My destination was the dinning room where I had left the others a little over an hour ago.

My eyes scan the room seeing the families of the sick all happy and chatting with one another.

"There's our savior!" The old man that had greeted us when we first came to town called out raising a cup in the air.

I feel my cheeks warm up as the whole room turns to me, the ones that had a drink holding them in the air as they cheered. I wave my hand to calm them all down, I was uncomfortable with all the eyes that were trained on me.

"Please, enjoy your night." I say as I pass through the crowd to where the king sat accompanied by Heeseung and Jungwon.

"You definitely made an impact here." Jungwon said as I slide into the seat next to him.

"I just did the right thing." I reply with a shrug, anyone with the ability to help would have done the same.

"Still, it's great what you did." The king said as he looked over the crowd of people, his brown eyes soft as he watched them all smile and cheer about their loved ones being cured.

I just look down and fiddle with my hands for a moment, I needed to ask the king something but didn't want to pull him away from Jungwon. My guess was that the others had already headed to bed for the night.

"Miss. Seori!" My eyes snap up when I hear my name being called from across the room, it was the old man again.

I raise a brow to show I had heard him and try to ignore the fact that many eyes were on me again.

My eyes follow the old man as he makes his way to our table where he sits down next to Jake.

"May I ask, how were you able to heal the sick?"

This was the one thing I was worried about happening.

"She's a witch." The king cut in before I could even think of a lie.

The old man's eyes widen as he hears what the king said. Witches weren't uncommon in the kingdom, but they weren't always welcomed.

"When I heard about the black curse hitting your village I went on a search for her, I had heard rumors that she knew how to cure the sick." The king continued on, making the lie deeper and there for more believe able.

"Are you a dragon witch as well?"

I nod my head, feeling that I should keep it simple and not add to much else to the lie the king had made up.

"Thank you again, it must not be easy admitting what you are." The old man tipped his cup to me before standing and leaving.

My eyes cut over to the

Please log in to read the full chapter