Pail

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

It had been 5 years since Soeri had left her hometown and its many dark secrets behind. She was doing well on her own if she had to say so herself. 

"Woah, almost got me with that one!" I yelled over my shoulder as another arrow flew past my head. The 'thud' that came from the poor tree the arrow had sunk into made her grin at the fact that was almost her head. I gripped the reins in my hands a bit tighter before I clicked my tongue to urge my horse faster. I knew the creature below me could handle what was going on, we had done it many times before. Never once has my trusted companion failed me. 

Not too much later and I knew we had lost the guards from town. In all honesty, they weren't the best. That's why I choose that town to steal from if I needed anything. You would think after so many years they would hire someone new to keep the town safe. Instead they leave it up to those incompetent men that were more worried about getting back to sitting around and drinking their days away as they bullied the poor townsfolk. I never harmed any of the townspeople or the guards, I may have knocked one or two off of their horses here and there but nothing too bad. I would just visit for food or supplies when needed. I would not harm anyone if I could avoid it. 

Once I was sure we had not been followed I slowed my horse to a walk as we neared our hideout. It was nothing fancy, a small thrown together shack in the woods. It was my home though. 

"You did good today Max, as always." I patted the black and white paints shoulder as I lead him to his post where he would be tied up for the night. After I had looped the rope around the wooden post I shove my hand into my bag and grab one of the many apples I had taken. "You deserve this, buddy." I smile as he quickly took the apple from my hand and set it on the ground so he could take a bite out of it. Max was a very well-trained horse.

When I had fetched him a pail of water I head into my small hou

Please log in to read the full chapter