You can't read?

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Why did you head my guard?" I shut my eyes for a second as I took a deep breath when I heard the king call out from behind me.

"Because he grabbed me without my consent." I shrug my shoulder, not bothering to turn and face the king.

"Without- he was doing his job!" I couldn't help but laugh a little when I heard the anger in the kings voice.

"Okay?" Now I turn to face the royal .

He pulled his lips into a thin line as he glared at me for a moment. Heeseung and Sunghoon stood to the side, their eyes flickering between the two of us, waiting to see what would happen next.

"I don't have time for this." The king said as he stepped over to me and grabbed my arm. "We need to activate the map so we can figure out a travel plan."

I dig my heels into the ground and snatch my arm from his grip.

"I head butted your guard for grabbing me, don't think I won't do the same to you."

The king grabbed my arm again and jerked me closer until our faces were a few inches apart.

"I would like to see you try." He grit out from between his teeth.

"Okay, I think that's enough." Heeseung stepped in and pulled me away from the king. "Why don't we all go have lunch and then work on the map?"

I let Heeseung guide me back to the castle, I had made my mind up to help save the kingdom, but that did not mean I had to tolerate being treated as if I was stuck to their shoes.

"Can't you give the king a break?" Heeseung asked lowly so the king, who was behind us couldn't hear.

I snort and shake my head. "When he shows me respect I will show him respect, it's a two way street."

"You know, if you weren't needed for the map you would be killed for your disrespect towards him?"

"Good thing you can't do anything without me, I guess."

~~

After everyone had finished eating we all moved to a war room, or that's what Sunoo called it. A place where generals and the royal group would meet to discuss battle strategies.

"I need the knife as well." I say holding my hand out, the blank map resting on the table in front of me.

Jay shot me a look making me send him a smile. I knew he hated me the most, but that only made me happy to know I got under a man's skin.

Jungwon passed me the knife from the king, all of them watching to see what I would do next.

I take the knife from its sheath and turn it over in my hand, watching as the light caught the dragons two different colored eyes. I place the tip to my left pointer finger and apply just enough pressure to break the skin. I let a small drop of blood pool there before I bring my finger down to the dragon symbol. I press my finger down on the center of the symbol and wait a moment before I pull away.

I nod my head to Jungwon as he handed me a handkerchief to wipe the little bit of blood away. I watch as my blood gets absorbed into the map, waiting like everyone else with batted breaths.

This was just as new to me as it was for them, I never had the chance to se

Please log in to read the full chapter