Friend

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

"We really don't have a choice not to keep this quiet." I say as the king paces back and forth in Heesungs room, the would be thief lay unconscious on the floor.

"Why is that?" The king stopped and looked my way.

"Because, if we go after Shin out in the open he could revival what we have, then we would have many more after us. It's better we keep it as quiet as possible."

"So what do you suggest?" Heeseung asked from his spot by the door.

"We go and kill the man in his home." I shrug as they all give me a side ways look. "What? We can't publicly execute him. Either we kill him or you send your guards to take him to the castle for holding."

"I'll send my guards to take him into custody and bring him to the castle until we return." The king nodded his head before he left with Jay and Heeseung on his heels.

The king needed to realize it was not the time for hesitation, things needed to be handled quickly and discreetly. There were many things that could go wrong with his plan, but I wasn't going to fight him on what he wanted to do, if the plan went south that would be on him.

I ask Sunoo to pass me the small bag with the stone that Heeseung had left on the bed side table at my request.

"What's in there?" Sunoo asked while looking at the bag.

"The water stone." I say as I pull it out and show him. I examine the stone closely for the first time since we had got it. It was of course a crystal blue color, it was oddly cool to the touch and gave off a calming aura.

I place it back in it's bag before I tuck into my pants pocket, not wanting to be separated from it. The cut in my side ached, Sunghoon said that the cut wasn't to deep so it should heal fairly well. It would still be a burden for a while though.

~~

"Where is Shin?"

I get jolted awake by someone yelling, not even remembering when I fell asleep.

"What's going on?" I ask as I sit up and rub my eyes.

"Shin, he's gone!" The king said as he looked down at the man who had told us who was after the stone.

"He must have got word of me getting caught." The man said with a shrug, his demeanor showing he was unbothered or surprised by the news.

"Was someone else working with you?" I ask this time, it would make sense that he had a man waiting on him to return or even that woman.

"Maybe."

"Where did he go?" I could tell they were all growing inpatient with the situation, I was too, but this was not a time to lose your cool or show the enemy you were restless.

"No idea."

"Okay, this is pointless. Kill him and let's leave. If Shin wants the stone, he'll have to hunt us down for it."

Please log in to read the full chapter