Crazy

Rough
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Is it the stone." Jay asked after he was dressed, his hands shaking as he handed me the stone. 

"Yeah, it is." I say as soon as I grab it, I could just feel the power coursing through it as soon as it brushed my fingers. 

"That was quick." He commented as he rubbed his hands together to try and warm them up. 

"It may sound weird, but I can feel the dragon powers in it." I say as I tuck the stone away in the small pouch that held the others. 

"A lot of things you say sound weird, we have just grown use to it so we don't question it much anymore." 

"Nice to know." I say handing the lamp to him, it wasn't much but maybe it would at least warm his hands before it went out, the wick was growing dangerously small. "We really need to find the others now." 

Jay nodded his head as we head down the other tunnel. We were both tired and hungry by now, but the others would be in the same state, if anything Jay was worse off. His body shivering from his swim would cause him to use up more energy then me, making it where he would grow tired more quickly. 

"Next time, we bring bags with supplies." I say out of no where as we tramp our way into the darkness. 

"A-Agreed." Jay said though chattering teeth. 

I did do one thing smart before we left the horses, and that was grabbing my jacket that matched the other guards. I pull it off and throw it over his shoulders, though it wasn't long enough to cover his torso like his did, but it would be an extra layer. 

I avoid his eyes as I keep walking, acting like nothing happened at all. 

"Thanks..." He said sounding unsure. 

I nod my head feeling embaressed for some reason. 

~

As the time ticked by I started growing even more tired, I knew it was the same case for Jay as his hand holding the lamp dangled loosely by his side. The lamp had grown dim not long ago now hardly lighting the way. The sound of our stomachs growling echoed off the walls every once in a while, at first it had been funny until it started to become a sound and feeling that reminded us that we maybe lost in this mountain until we die. 

"Why don't we rest for a few minutes?" I ask as Jay stumbled a bit. 

"Yeah, let's do that." 

We both stop and lean on the cave walls, Jay soon after slides down and buries his face into the jackets thrown over his shoulders, his hair still damp thanks to the cold air in the cave. 

"I really hope the others are doing better then us." I say with a dry laugh, I really did hope they were okay. 

"Me too." Jay agreed. 

I felt bad as his shoulders would still jerk here and there from the cold air. Without letting myself think to much about it I stand and move to sit next to him. 

He looked down at me with a raised brow. I shake my head as I slide my arm under the two jackets, hoping that maybe I could offer a little body heat. 

"If it wasn't for you, I'd be the one freezing." I say after he kept looking at me as if I had just threw a puppy off a mountain. "Just, stop looking at me and rest. We can stay here for a little bit to regain energy and then keep going. We don't know how far this tunnel goes, we can't just keep walking until we pass out." 

I was thankful when he turned away and tucked his face back into the coats because I knew my cheeks were red, not that he could see it in the lamp light. 

I lean my head back on the cave wall and close my eyes, my body was sore from all the surprises we had today and I knew his was worse from all the shivering. 

"Once we get out of here, no one is to know about any of this." I say out of the blue. 

But, I don't get a response. After a few seconds I hear a soft snore from beside me. I roll my eyes with a smile as I lean my head back on the cave wall, figuring I might as well get a little rest too. 

This whole situation was so weird and not anything I would have expected when I first got drug to the castle, I never would have seen myself lost in a cave and trying to help one of the people that got on my nerves the most. If someone told me the moment I found Heeseung on the ground with a sword wound, my life would come to this, I would have laughed in their face. I di

Please log in to read the full chapter