Banquet Part 2

Regina
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene

The banquet continued. Wanting to avoid the eyes and questions from the nobility, Suho and I decided to join the 3rd dance. This gave us the time to finally talk together without any noble disturbing us. As usual, Suho mentioned the issues lingering in the Noble Faction due to the conflict between them and the Imperial Faction. As for me, I didn't mention the talk about the imperial heir since my husband and I know that it is no longer necessary to tackle.

    Suho respects my decision not to have an heir for now. Although, for some reason, I can feel that Suho seemed to yearn to have a child in the palace. If ever the time comes wherein Suho will ask if we can have an heir, I don't think I will be ready. The situation of the empire is not the only reason why I don't want to have a child - I want to have a child with Seulgi. 

    Ah. I am sorry, Suho. I apologetically said in my head while staring at the man before me, My selfishness might become the reason for this empire to fall.

    "How is Seulgi?" Suho asked, disrupting me from my thoughts. "I heard she lined up for adoption."

    "Ah. Yes."

    "You will soon be a godmother then?"

    "Me? A godmother? Why would you think that?" I asked, curious as to why my husband would think that way, "and aren't you assuming things this early, your majesty? It's Irene's decision whether she wants me to be the godmother of Huilin and Seulhyun or not."

    "You know their names?" 

    I paused.

    "Since where Irene?"

    I answered, "When I went with Wendy to one of their family orphanages. I met Irene and Yeri. I met the children as well. They're Huilin and Seulhyun. Huilin is the youngest, and Seulhyun is a child Seulgi saved from the Western Continent. Maybe that's why she is attached to the child."

    "She's going to be a good mother."

    "She will be,"

    "I didn't know that Seulgi prefers women." Suho tried to recall his memories, "Oh, I think she did. I forgot when, but she did tell me she doesn't mind falling in love with both men and women.

    I stopped dancing. I forgot that Suho is not aware Seulgi is in a relationship with Yeri. He doesn't seem repulsed by the idea - rather, he's rather confused than disgusted. Looking at his reaction, I can easily tell what he's thinking. He's probably thinking about when Yeri and Seulgi tied their love together, when they decided to adopt, and whether Seulgi hid her uality during the Regina Selection.

    The 3rd dance of the night ended, and now we went back to our usual posts. As usual, the ladies kept talking about their children and the war. Some gossip about imperial scandals was also tackled - rumours are abundant in every banquet so it's unavoidable for the ladies to talk about it in public. Noble lineage from various houses are present at the ball - they can gossip all they want to please themselves. I don't usually join in such conversations,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter