Saints Part 1

Regina
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene

After tending to the request of the Holy Church, Yeri and Seulgi came to the palace and inform the emperor of their discovery. The Eastern God answered Yeri's prayer on how to help the royal family of the South, and the God of Love answered. With Yeri and Seulgi's healing power, they can delay Suho's symptoms and also bring back his health.

     With that being said, in the emperor's room, I, the two saints, a representative from the church, and the general of the army are in the room as witnesses of the divine occasion.

     Yeri and Seulgi placed their hands above the emperor's head. They both prayed in silence before a light glowed above Suho's. When the light disappeared, only then the two saints retreated their hands.

     "H-how are you feeling?" I asked my husband.

     "I feel... lighter." He replied. He closed his hand and opened it - testing his strength. "I can clench my fist without any trouble."

     Suho's complexion got better. He doesn't look weary anymore and the color of his face and skin is back. My husband recovered and that's all thanks to the saints.

     "With our capability, we can delay your symptoms," Seulgi said. "However, it is still not a cure, your majesty. We don't know how long our divine abilities will last, but we presume it will take a month or so."

     "So you can do this again after a month?" I asked.

     "Yes, empress. Although, Yeri and I highly discourage the frequent process since there is a possibility his majesty's body will acclimate to it and our power will no longer work."

     I sat next to Suho - holding his hand. To my relief, he doesn't find breathing a strenuous job to do, he is full of vitality, and his features look like he aged backward.

     "My empress," Suho muttered, smiling at me. I smiled back and placed his hand on my cheeks, "Why do you weep?"

     I didn't realize a tear fell from my eyes out of relief. 

     "Nothing, your majesty. I just—" I bit my lip, "I'm just relieved you've gotten better even if this is just transient."

     Suho faced the saints, "Thank you, Yeri, Seulgi. I know this is just a temporary resolution, but please accept my most forthcoming gratitude."

     The saints bowed in response to the emperor's acknowledgment.

     With this, Suho can accomplish his royal duties - which will lessen the burden on my part. I can focus more on my duties and have some more spare time.

     Of course, my selfishness is also one of the reasons why I am relieved. 

     The emperor gave Yeri a private manor near the capital as a reward for her service, as for the 6th Saint, Seulgi insisted she didn't need anything in return as she is not interested in materialistic things or land ownership. My husband is a stubborn man, so Suho instead gifted Seulgi a room in the palace where she can stay whenever she needed. 

     Only the royal family can live in the palace - for Suho to give Seulgi a room sparked various tattlers. Some say that Suho still has feelings for the saint; hence, why he gave her a room. Some said vexing rumours that he and the saint are having an affair and Suho wanted Seulgi close by, and the sorts. 

     "The Holy Priest began his meditation," Seulgi said.

     The saints and I are in the greenhouse having tea while my husband returned to his duties. Seulgi is seated in front of me while Yeri is seated on my left - between me and the 6th saint. 

     She continued, "He did give his blessing for Suho before he fell into divine slumber."

     "So what did you two do in the church?" I asked, curious about the events. "The Holy Priest is the messenger of God, but the Saint is a vessel. If the church is preparing for the yearly prophecy, shouldn't the Saint be the one standing before the divine creator?"

     Yeri answered, "We thought as well, however, the Holy Priest pressed that he will proceed with the meditation process instead of Seulgi." Yeri's eyebrows met, "Frankly, I find it... suspicious."

     "Pray tell,"

     The Holy Priest must be planning something. I thought. Seulgi is the only person who can directly talk to God and God answers back. If it's the church or the Holy Priest, the divine prognostication will take months to reach mortal ears. Nevertheless, if the Holy Priest receives the prophecy, Seulgi will be able to hear it as she is a vessel of God—our god will directly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter