Return Part 3

Regina
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene

Kang Seulgi, the woman I love. She's the empire's pride - the 6th Saint loved and respected by many. Saints are allowed to marry in our continent; hence, kingdoms and empires far and wide sought her hand in marriage - even beyond our continent. Seulgi didn't want to get married during the Regina selection nor have children, but her opinion changed after she became the Saint.

     She wanted children.

     And here she is now, in front of me - talking to an orphan as if it's her flesh and blood. To add, the said orphan is calling her "Mom".

     "What brings you here, Your Majesty?" Seulgi asked.

     I answered, "I'm here to check on the orphanages." I stared at the child, then back to Seulgi. "Why are you here? We haven't heard anything from you, nor news about your return here in the empire. Your father is worried sick, Seulgi!"

     Confused, Seulgi raised an eyebrow, "I sent a letter to Suho about my return to the empire a month ago." She faced Yeri, "Didn't we?"

     Yeri nodded her head. "Yes, we did. We both sent a letter to the emperor and Seulgi addressed one to you, your majesty. We are waiting for a reply from you since we cannot come to the palace announced." 

     Suho wanted to tell me something last time but he wasn't able to remember. It must be the letters from the saint - no wonder none of us received anything. Suho must have forgotten about them.

     "It must be Suho's deteriorating memory." I sighed. "Apologies, Saints."

     "It's that bad?"

     I nodded.

     "We also came back for that matter, your majesty." Yeri carried Huilin in her arms. "We discovered that Seulgi and I can help delay the emperor's sickness if we combine our divine power."

     Seulgi added, "That's why I sent a letter to the emperor."

     I changed the topic, "Why didn't you come to the capital if that's the case?"

     Seulgi and Yeri stared at each other before facing me. 

     "Because..." Seugi paused.

     "Of the children?"

     Yeri answered, "Yes, your majesty. You must have heard from when you arrived in the East." He placed Huilin down. "A month ago, when we decided to return here, we stayed in a family friend's estate. We came here to check on the children before we depart and something happened. Then we fell platonically in love with two of the kids and we wanted to take them in as... our own. This was before Suhuo's new order so we couldn't leave. We did the unthinkable—hiding the fact we are taking two children as a mother; hence, why Hulin are calling us with such."

     "I am aware of Suho's new order," Seulgi continued, "Thus, why we stayed here to finish our adoption papers for the kids after it became legal."

     "Two..." I muttered.

     They are adopting two. One is Huilin, as for the other kid, it is only evidence that it's one of the children here. Since Suho gave his word throughout the empire, Yeri and Seulgi can legally adopt a child.

     I should be happy for the children and the two saints, but my selfish and hopeless heart couldn't accept the fact.

     However, I smiled at the saints. "I am... happy for the both of you." I half-heartedly say.

     A child then came running towards us while shouting Huilin's name. She stopped and handed a fixed toy to the latter, "I... fixed it..." she sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter