Eastern Empire Part 2

Regina
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene

As the banquet continues, so does the conversation between monarchs. I wanted to ask the emperor about the crown heir but I hesitated out of respect and not wanting to spark any sort of argument. I am not quite sure if my question is considered rude or not, so for now I will try to find the right time to ask.

     "The Eastern continent seems to be interested in making us all allies," a noble from the Northern Kingdom spoke.

     The Eastern emperor answered, "Ah, yes. I received notice about their intention to ally with the Eastern Empire. I heard the South considered the partnership with the East, correct?"

     I nodded my head, "Yes. The Eastern Continent is abundant in agriculture. The South is known for its shortage during drought season. We sought to learn more about how the East overcome the drought season since they too experience it for years. Other than that, a queen of a kingdom in the said continent is a Southerner and a good friend of mine. With a connection, the Southern Empire's relationship with the Eastern Continent is set in stone."

     "If the Southern Empire allied with the Eastern Continent, then the North shall as well." The Northern noble said. "I will convey this news to my queen."

     The crown heir approached us with a bow, "Good evening," before facing the emperor, "father, may we continue our conversation before?"

     One can see the look of disappointment on the emperor's face. Nevertheless, he and the heir left the group and went to a near pavilion to talk. With their absence, the rest of the group began the gossip within the palace walls - not even considering the fact their actions can be considered treason.

     "I am not the only one seeing the heir as a woman, right?" One asked.

     "Nonsense. An heir is a man. I know a man when I see one." Said another.

     "Then why does the heir have a voice of a woman and the physique of one?"

     Another spoke, "I heard that a previous palace maid said that a crown heir is a man after seeing him during his bath. While another palace maid said the heir is a woman after catching her wearing a princess's gown during tea time with the Prime Minister's daughter."

     "Prime minister's daughter? You mean Lady Nayeon?"

     "Yes, her." 

     "That is indeed a peculiar rumour," I finally spoke. "Maids see the crown heir dressed as a woman and mingling with a woman, and a crown heir is seen as a man. The best way to answer this rumour is the emperor, correct? Then we shall ask him."

     No one spoke - fearing that if they ask the emperor about the rumours, their positions and kingdom will be in danger.

     "I shall ask the emperor myself," I said, turning my back before I begin walking to the pavilion where the emperor and the crown heir are.

     Arriving at the pavilion, I saw the emperor and the crown heir bickering. I stayed at a distance to keep their privacy, however, their voices allowed me to hear their conversation, which I know I shouldn't have.

     "Father, please don't say that!" The crown heir spat. "I know my duty and I welcome it with open arms. I am not against being the heir nor I am against leading the empire.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter