Eastern Empire Part 3

Regina
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene

The Crown Heir of the Eastern Empire grew fond of me as four days went by. She told me her history as to how she has two ia and the reason why she was kept away from the public eye. As a monarch, it's inevitable to have enemies - especially inside the inner court. If the enemies of the royal family found out about Jeongyeon's situation, they will do anything to strip her of her title, or worst.

     "So, your majesty, how did you find the East during your stay?" Jeongyeon asked. We are strolling within the palace gardens after I told Jeongyeon about my interest in their garden. "Our culture differs and our empire is not that equipped with modern tools and machines, I hope you did not find the experience unlikeable."

     I answered, "I am enjoying the new culture, your highness." I turned my head to the falling leaves in the pavilion. "I love how abundant your empire is when it comes to culture. It's like a new breather for me. The South is mostly surrounded by extravagant objects, here on the other hand... just pure serenity. I love the peace and the fresh breeze whilst surrounded by greenery and flowers."

     "Do you have any questions for me, your majesty? I'm always the one talking between the both o us. I want to fair things. Whatever your question will be, I will answer them in full honesty." The latter bowed her head, "This I assure you."

     Finally, the chance I've been waiting for. I didn't want to stop Jeongyeon from talking about her worries; thus, I never got the chance to ask about Seulgi. 

     "Have you, perchance, met with Seulgi lately?" I asked. "I noticed she and Yeri weren't in the banquet. As well as on the palace grounds. I heard the two frequently here. I wanted to meet her again."

     Jeongyeon answered, "You didn't know your majesty? Saint Seulgi and Saint Yeri left the empire back to the Southern Empire a month ago."

     If Seulgi went back to the empire a month ago, shouldn't the church and the imperial family (let alone the Kang Family) know about it? I don't feel any uneasiness when I should. 

     Before I can ask more, a eunuch approached the crown heir, "Your highness, your majesty. The crown prince is summoned by his majesty the emperor." He said with a bow.

     "Don't mind me, your highness," I spoke. "Please heed your father's calling."

     Today is my return to the empire. I thought I could at least meet Yeri or Seulgi but it turns out they're not here. The return of the saint will immediately be notified to both the church and the imperial family, yet we receive no letter or news about Seulgi's return. She didn't even show herself in the Imperial Court. Now the questions are: why didn't she tell us about her arrival? Why didn't she show herself? And why is she silent?    

     My aid approached me with a bow, "Apologies for the sudden delay, your majesty. The horses need to be tended to before departure. The animals suddenly felt weak. We inform the imperial family about the situation. This isn't a coincidence as the animals were fine yesterday and this morning."

     "Is it a possible assassination?" I asked.

     "I'm afraid so,"

     I glanced my gaze at the side of my eyes to catch the attention of my Shadow. Rowoon nodded his head and left with the rest to secure our travel. 

     My aid continued, "We requested horses and the crown prince allowed us to use their horses for your return."

     As we keep conversing, a noble lady approached our direction. She could be just wandering around the palace grounds t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter