Meeting Her

Someday You'll Realize

 

Part 6

Meeting Her

 

I stepped out into the hallway in my dress.

I decided to go with something classy, yet not overly done. Plus, I picked red to match Taemin slightly to make us look more like siblings.

 

“Red looks nice on you,” He complimented, with a huge grin on his face.

 

“Yeah, yeah,” I shook him off, “You're sister is the one who got all the looks,” Suddenly, I slipped onto the hard concrete. Stupid heels.

 

Taemin laughed, “Uh-huh, from down here your looking pretty hot sis,”

 

“Shut up, and help me up,” I huffed.

 

I mumbled a thank you as Taemin yanked me up off of the dusty ground.

 

“No problem sis,” Taemin walked away, hopping down the stairs. He's probably excited about his date. I angrily stomped my foot.

 

“That ice cream better be worth it,” I muttered. I ran towards him and gripped his arm, “Remember, you promised! I better be getting some pretty darn special ice cream for doing this favor for you,”

 

Taemin just laughed as he opened the passenger door for me.

 

Driving Up To Our Destination

 

“Um, Taemin. You're date is in the cemetery?” I questioned as I followed after him through the maze of tombstones.

 

“Well no, but this one matters more than the blind date. Also, this is the beautiful girl I was describing,”

Taemin stated as he stopped in front of a tombstone.

 

Kim (Lee) Sooyoung.

January 13, 1980- April 15, 2011

 

There was a picture frame. The women was dazzlingly beautiful with long flowing black hair, a petite heart-shaped face, and big brown eyes.

 

“She's beautiful,” I gasped, shocked that someone could even look that beautiful.

 

Taemin laughed, “She's my mom,” Then his smile faded, “And Jonghyun's.” Taemin gently placed a bouquet of red roses next to her picture.

 

“Hey, mom. It's me. I miss you,” Taemin talked to her picture, “I brought me a friend. Look she's also wearing your favorite color,”

 

I bowed to the tombstone as if I was really meeting his mother, “Anneonghasaeyo. I know I shouldn't be formal sense I practically grew up with you and Jonghyun. I'd always help you with your flower shop as a child,” My smile started to fade, “Then for some reason, Jonghyun wouldn't let me see you anymore. I always wanted to see you again. I also begged him to visit you sometime,” The tears started to form, “If only I could've seen you again when you were alive and thank you for all you did for me as a child,”

 

Taemin gently rubbed my back, “Eomma, if _____ and Jonghyun don't work out in the end of it. I promise you I'll take good care of her,” With those words said, I glanced up at Taemin. His cute facade has disappeared. All that was left, was his serious face, sincerely meaning what he said.

 

With this we both prayed, silently, his hand still gently supporting me on my lower back.

 

After we had finished, both of us marched back to the car, Taemin's arm around me. Like a gentleman he opened the door for me again.

 

When we started driving towards the blind date, I took my advantage and began to ask questions, “Taemin?”

 

“Hm?” He quickly looked over at me, worried.

 

“Why wouldn't Jonghyun let me see your mother anymore? What happened? I'm pretty sure Jonghyun's been keeping all of this away from me. He didn't even tell me he had a brother,” I mumbled.

 

Taemin sighed, “Do you really want to know?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Well,” Taemin began, “Jonghyun and I are definitely brothers. However, our parents had divorced at an early age. Our dad took me and our mom took Jonghyun. We grew up separated. Years later, when we were in seventh grade, our parents remarried.”

 

“That was around the time Jonghyun stopped me from seeing his mom. Or even go to his house,” I commented.

 

“Yeah and for a good reason,” Taemin muttered, “Jonghyun and weren't too close, however, the realities of life pushed us closer and closer to each other. Slowly, but surely, our parents' relationship became shaky. They would both come home around different times, drunk off their , and complained and fought with each other. The two of them became hardcore alcoholics once their jobs started becoming stressful and their relationship not as loving as they thought it to be.

 

Jonghyun would always protect me like a brave lion sheltering the quiet cub. He would make sure my dad wouldn't lay a finger on me, for he became easily violent when he had no sense or awareness. I was always the weaker one, fragile like a tender lamb. I would always be the one crying, overcome by tears from just watching our parents become these monsters. Though Jonghyun and I were complete opposites, we learned to get along through this struggle for survival.

 

One day, both of our parents came home, drunk again. Their reason behind being so completely wasted was because Jonghyun hadn't be home lately, always using his free time to be with you. I would always be jealous of him, because he had an excuse to be away from our parents. That and while I was suffering in a complete hell hole, always depressed and upset, he would always come home happy, excited, and giddy. I wanted to feel that to. I became curious as to what kind of girl you were.

 

Our parents were angered that Jonghyun hadn't been home to help me with the chores, mow the lawn (since I wasn't that strong), straighten up the house, pay the bills, and keep his straight A's in school. My parents screamed, cussed, and shoved Jonghyun, causing him to angrily riot out of the house, move out, and never to be heard from again.”

 

There was complete silence for a while as I sat there, embracing all the information I had just learned. Sooyoung never seemed like the type to go for wasting away in alcohol. She was always kind, caring, and considerate of others.

 

Taemin continued, “Because he left me, to struggle on me own, to deal with our parents alone, I hated him for it. Instead of taking me with him, he abandoned me, changing his phone number, leaving me with no sign as to where he would go. As time went on Jonghyun just became a memory. My parents thought of it to be better off if he was gone anyway, one less mouth to feed.

 

Then that one stormy night, a year ago, I had found my mother dead with a gun to her head, lying on the ground, bleeding to death. She had killed herself. My mom also left me, to only deal with my father. However, the idea of loosing someone again, tore me apart. Sure, she would get drunk and yell, but she was still my mom. She still was responsibly doing what mothers do, raising their children. Ahead of time, before she got drunk, she would make sure to have food on the table. She would go to all our parent-teacher conferences. She would always take work off on our birthdays to throw us a huge surprise when we'd come home. Though there were times when she could've been there when I needed her, she was there the times that I needed her MOST.”

 

He parked his car, still gripping the steering wheel. A tear slipped from his face. His face: stone, cold, and emotionless. However, once that tear slipped, I could see the sadness in his eyes.

 

“Taemin,” I called his name and he slowly turned towards me, “Be strong,” I gently kissed him on the lips, “She loved you. You loved her. She'd want you to carry on with your life like the courageous man you are,”

 

He smiled, “And hopefully with you by my side,” He pulled me into a long kiss, his fingers messing with my hair.

 

I let it go. Taemin needed this kiss. Hopefully, somehow I would be able to transfer some strength to him. With that we pulled away, remembering that we were here for Taemin's blind date and I was his sister. I blushed at realization of what I just did.

 

Taemin chuckled, “Aw, sis, you look adorable when you blush,” He pecked me on the cheek, “We'll continue later if you like,” He winked.

 

“Yah! You wish!” I stomped out of the car. I seriously prefer the cute Taemin who doesn't flirt with me.

 

“Sis! Wait up!” Taemin called after me.

 

I just rushed into the restaurant, blocking him and what just happened out of my head.

 

Jonghyun POV


I woke up to the sunlight shining into my bedroom. It was a bright and early morning as I hugged my girl in the comfy bed.

 

“Good morning, baby~” I kisses her gently on the lips. This was the daily routine.

 

The girl looked up at me with those big brown eyes. However, those weren't the eyes that adored everything I did. They weren't the eyes that were always on me. Those weren't the eyes of that special girl. Those weren't the eyes that belonged to my first love. He sighed.

 

“Something wrong oppa?” Shin Se Kyung batted her eyes at him, worried. Shin Se Kyung, not _____. That's right, it's already been two days without her. After we dated for so long, I finally broke it off. I was tired of lying to her. I had already fallen in love with someone else. Three months ago was when I started to become a “cheater”. Though I didn't really “cheat” anyone, I gave them both my love and affection equally, no one was cheated. However, I knew I had to make a choice. I chose her.

 

“Nothing's wrong. Just a little tired, that's all,” I gently kissed Shin Se Kyung's forehead.

 

I stared at the calendar. It was that day again. I remember when _____ always begged me to visit her, that I should at least do it because she raised me.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

“You have to!” ______ would say, “She's your mother. Mother's always care for the kids no matter what. Even if they don't show it sometimes, deep down in side they mean it,” She would then look up at me with those huge dark brown eyes, begging me.

 

I would just nod my head and say, “Fine, I'll send someone to bring her flowers,”
 

She smiled, content, “Well, it's better than nothing. Promise me next year, you'll visit her?” She'd then give me her irresistible aegyo. Cute. The definition of cute would definitely be a picture of her.

 

“I promise,” I kissed her forehead.

 

-END FLASHBACK-

 

I stared at the circled date and looked at her handwriting in the box.

 

Oppa~

You promised remember?

We're gonna go together right?

I really want to see her again

She was always the nicest person when we were young=)

 

Remember, you promised. Her words echoed in my head. I swear though, her words sounded as if they were echoing from down the hall or something.

 

“Tsk,” I angrily ruffled my tired hair and got up, “Get out of my head!”

 


 

Sooo? Did you like it?? =)) Yesshh? NOO?


Comment and Subscribe.

 

Btw to all those who want more Jonghyun, I promise there will be a lot more of him in either the next chapter or the one after that =))

 

Thanks for reading! Hope you like it so far!