Karaoke Time

Someday You'll Realize

Ch 15

Karaoke Time

 

List of The Roommates:

 

Taemin – Me – Jonghyun

Key – Taecyeon

Yoona – Se Kyung

 

“Hey, Kahi! I know if you noticed this, but a lot of the classmates you chose weren't even their to witness the fight,” Jonghyun yelled at her, since he was in the very back of the bus and she was in the front talking to the driver.

 

“I know that very well Jonghyun,” She yelled back, “This keeps it interesting,”

 

“Interesting?! Are you kidding me?” Jonghyun was getting angry.

 

“Baby, it's okay,” Se Kyung tried calming him down and snuggled with him, “I at least get to come with you. I'd rather be with you the whole time than stay at school without you,”

 

Jonghyun calmed at her comment and kissed her on the forehead. I just rolled my eyes and turned to face forward.

 

Taemin and I were sitting next to each other, across from the annoyingly lovey-dovey couple, Jonghyun and Se Kyung. Key sat alone behind them. Yoona and Taecyeon sat behind us.

 

“Taemin, _____,” Taecyeon eagerly called out to us, “Aren't you excited? This is gonna be fun,”

 

“Fun?” I chuckled at his excitement, “You guys were pulled into our punishment, because someone,” I glared at Jonghyun, “Decided to initiate a fight in school,”

 

“Don't go blaming people now,” Jonghyun snapped, “Let's remember the reason for it now. Your PDA was getting on my nerves,”

 

“You shouldn't care if I show PDA or not,” I stuck out my tongue.

 

Jonghyun stuck out his. However, my eyes lingered towards the glaring Se Kyung. I quickly looked away.

 

“Who's up for some karaoke?!” Taecyeon happily discovered a karaoke machine in the front.

 

“Me!” Key screamed and grabbed the microphone from Taecyeon's hands. He began singing and dancing to Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) by SNSD. Everyone applauded.

 

“Taemin,” Se Kyung smiled, “You should sing a song for Yoona,”

 

“Eonni!” Yoona complained.

 

“Tae you should do it!” Tacyeon happily stated. Man, he really wanted Yoona and Taemin to end up together.

 

Taemin stood up and took the microphone, then stared directly at me. I watched as he was offically engulfed in emotion and seriousness.

 

 

Every word that came out of his mouth had meaning, feeling, yearning. It seemed as if slowly I was being put under his alluring spell. Those hypnotizing brown eyes, along with those sincere words made me feel warm inside knowing that Taemin's love for me deepened day by day. Corny yes, I know. Not only that, but I also felt somewhat guilty.

 

The song talked about how love is heartless, probably expressing the fact that I've never really confessed any feelings towards him or reject him entirely. Also, the part where he sang how he doesn't want me to leave, meaning that he knows I still have some feelings towards Jonghyun and it's killing him inside.

 

I began to question myself as the inner conflict ranted in my head.

 

Voice 1: Do I really love Taemin in that sort of way? Sure he gives me butterflies and everything, but for some reason the feeling didn't feel the same like it did with Jonghyun...

 

Voice 2: Wait! Why are you comparing Taemin to that jerk?!? You seriously need to get over Jonghyun.

Maybe, Taemin would be a great distraction...

 

Voice 1: A distraction.. That's a bad way to put it. Doesn't that make it sound like I'm using Taemin?

 

Voice 2: That song made it sound like you're making him suffer like crazy anyway. Also, it'd be using him for a good cause.

 

Voice 1: … That made it sound a million times worse!! He sincere feels this way towards me. I can't mess around with it. What if I don't feel the same way?

 

Voice 2: Then why does he make you feel this way? Why do you show no sign of complete flat out rejection?

 

Voice 1: I don't know....

 

Voice 2: Are you using him to make Jonghyun jealous like Key said?
 

Voice 1: Definitely not!!

 

Voice 2: Are you sure?

 

Voice 1: I, uh....

 

“______,” Taemin said your name as he sat next to you, “Did you like the song?”

 

I shook myself out of my trance, “Loved it! Yah! You never told me you could sing that well!”

 

Jonghyun angrily stormed up to the machine.

 

“Why is he so angry?” I asked aloud.

 

“Who knows,” Taemin replied. By the sound of his tone, Taemin sounded amused.

 

Then Jonghyun glanced over at Se Kyung and started singing to her. I froze. That song. It was our theme song when we were going out. I observed Se Kyung and she was overjoyed by his actions. Jonghyun's powerful, y, smooth voice calling out to her.

 

 

It always appeared before me.

Your face, I remembered

My heart that stopped short

You spitefully took my dis-functional heart

And with you bright smile

That's how you easily opened my heart

It's true, that is how I became your man

All my unpleasant memories, I no longer recall

Because the hand that holds me tight

Is as warm as spring

And now like a dream my heart

Has gradually stopped by your side

Without awakening for a single moment

I dream an endless dream

and now like breathing

If you would always rest by my side

If you would always remain this way

Nothing better, Nothing better than you

….

 

As each word slipped out of his mouth, it felt like a nail was hammering into my heart.

 

Jjongie~ Could you please please sing this to me? I love this song! I think it should be our theme song! Doesn't it remind you of us?!

 

He just chuckled, held me in his arms and began softly singing the song into my ear.

 

I watched as Jonghyun walked over to Se Kyung, held her hand and pulled her up to slow dance with him.

 

When the song ended everyone clapped. I was too scared that I would tear apart if I moved an inch. In order to prevent me bursting into tears, I remained still.

 

“_____, are you okay?” Taemin looked at me worried.

 

I forced a smile, “I'm fine. I'm just suddenly really tired.” I grabbed a pillow, turned towards the window and rested my head on it.

 

“Taemin, Taemin,” I heard Se Kyung call out to him as I felt the warmth beside me leave. Now that he was gone I could quietly sob into my pillow.

 

Taemin's POV

 

I watched as Jonghyun angrily stormed to the karaoke. Dude, I know your jealous of ____ and I, but could you make it more obvious?

 

Suddenly, he started singing.

 

Crud. I forgot that he had an amazing voice. Natural born gift given to him by the gods. There he was serenading his girlfriend.

 

Then it hit me. This song! No wonder it sounded so familiar.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Taemin,” At home Jonghyun approached me as I was practicing the piano.

 

“Deh, hyung?” I smiled at him.

 

“Could you play this for me?” He gave me music sheets, “I want you to tell me what you think of me singing this. _____ really wanted me to sing it for her, so I don't want it to sound horrible or anything,”

 

I chuckled, “Sure, I'll help. Honestly though, you shouldn't worry to much. You have a great voice!”

 

“Yeah,” He absorbed that compliment, “I know,”

 

Then I started playing the piano.

 

-End Flashback-

 

I quickly peeked over at _____. She was stiff like a rock and I could see her eyes getting watery and the obvious pain given away by her facial expressions.

 

I failed to try and comfort her as she turned into her pillow. I desperately wanted to reach out to her and pull her into a hug. I wanted to tell her that it was okay to cry, that everything was okay because she had me.

 

“Taemin, Taemin,” Se Kyung called to me.

 

I quickly put my hand down and sighed as I got up to walk towards Se Kyung.

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

I don't know what came over me. I was infuriated after watching Taemin sing to _____. Yeah, sure it was meant for Yoona blah blah blah. Taemin was obviously staring RIGHT. AT. HER. So because of my rage I sang to Se Kyung using our old them song.

 

Call me cruel, but whatever. I was pissed okay?!

 

“Taemin, Taemin,” Se Kyung waved him over. With a bitter look Taemin left _____.

 

“Yes?” Taemin stated, still looking at ____.

 

“We need to talk about a make-up date,” Se Kyung bluntly stated.

 

“Huh?” Taemin finally looked at us, giving her a bewildered look, “Why?”

 

“Because last time was ruined and Yoona was very upset afterward,” Se Kyung pouted. “First off, you brought a friend to the double date and she was a girl. Also, you left early,”

 

“I'm sorry,” I apologized. I didn't want Yoona to think badly of me, so I unconsciously decided to agree to Se Kyung's double date. I owe Yoona for last time.

 

“Fine. When and where?” I asked.

 

Se Kyung smiled and internally rejoiced, “For lunch or dinner let's have a picnic! The weather looks like it'll be fabulous! It'll be romantic,”

 

“Okay, that's fine with me,” I plainly stated, beginning to walk away from them. I was more interested in seeing if ____ was okay.

 

“Taemin wait,” Se Kyung grabbed my wrist, “Please promise me that you won't miss it or break Yoona's heart. You are in seriously debt to her because she sobbed the whole night that night. I'd hate to

see my sister cry again,”

 

I stared into Se Kyung's dark, serious orbs and as if something had taken over my body I obediently nodded my head.

 

“Good boy,” She smiled, “You can leave now,”

 

I blinked a couple times before finally walking away.

 

Wow. She is one demanding, yet strange and creepy girl. She gives off a weird aura.

 

“I don't like her,” I mumbled aloud and sighed.

 

Why do I feel like I just signed my soul to the devil?

 

Your POV

 

“______. We're here.”

 

My sleepy tired eyes struggled to open. The mellow voice awakened me from my relaxing sleep. However, I decided to ignore it and attempt to go back to dream land. Suddenly, my pillow started shaking up and down by itself. Wait.... Pillows don't do that!

 

I quickly straightened up, realizing my head was on Taemin's shoulder.

 

“Ah! I'm sorry!” I screamed, pressing my back against the window trying to create as much distance between Taemin and I.

 

Taemin chuckled, “Woah. Freak out much?” Then he pouted, “You should be thanking me. Your head felt like it weighed as much as an elephant.”

 

I lightly punched him. “Yah! I'm not that heavy!”

 

He just laughed off the punch, but then flinched in pain. Taemin began to rotate his shoulder backward.

 

“Ow. It hurts so much!” Taemin fakingly complained. Suddenly he began to lean in and I could see that glint in his eyes.

 

Uh-oh. The dark side of Taemin is starting to come out again. I turned my head away from him, praying that by some glimmer of hope I could avoid him.

 

Taemin smoothly whispered into my ear, “How about you give me a message sometime later? You heavy head made my shoulder incredibly sore,”

 

I quickly faced him in shock, ready to object, “Yah! Didn't I already say that I'm not-”

 

Immediately, realizing how close our faces were to each other, our lips just inches apart I stopped talking. Suddenly all the memories of what happened in the nurse's room flashed through my mind, replaying like a movie. I covered my face as I felt it flush.

 

Quickly I sunk back into my chair, covering my face in one hand and clenching a hand over my heart. My heart skipped a beat, quickly racing. It seemed to ring in my ears. The beat of my heart appeared so loud to me like a song blasting through a stereo. I wondered if Taemin could hear it too.

 

“What's this?” Taemin teased, “Why are you suddenly embarrassed and shy now? Usually you would just go with it or shove me away,” He Smiled, “What do you finally like me now?”

 

“Don't kid yourself,” I quietly mumbled.

 

“Taemin!” Auntie Kahi called.

 

Ahh! Wait! Did I just call her Auntie?! You need to stick with saying Mrs. Park or people will be getting suspicious, coming up with crazy conclusions, and hate on me more than they are already.

 

“Taemin,” Mrs. Park called agtain, “Did you finish waking ___ up?”

 

“Yeah!” He replied and swiftly yanked me up.

 

“Welcome to your retreat!” Mrs. Park annouinced as the doors flung open. We all stood there with our mouths gaping open in utter shock.

 

I.Cannot.Believe.It.

 


 

PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!~

It took me while to update because I've been outta town.

Didn't really have much time to sit down and type a chapter.

But here it finally is!

Thank you for being patient!

Anyway, what did you think of this chapter? Love it? Hate it?

Boring? Interesting?

Wish there was more of a certain character? If so tell me who you'd want to see more of.

LOVE YOU ALL SOO MUCH!

COMMENTS ARE VERY MOTIVATING!