Challenge

Someday You'll Realize

Jonghyun's POV

 

I sighed when I approached Se Kyung, offering to carry her loads of shopping bags. I swear, each bag was at least twenty pounds.

 

“What's wrong oo?” Se Kyung asked.

 

“Se Kyung, do you ever wish there was something you could undo in life? Like reverse time to fix it?” I sincerely asked.

 

“Hm,” She thought about it, “Not really. My life is perfect right now,” She squeezed my arm, adding more weight.

 

“Se Kyung,” I looked into my eyes, “Answer me truthfully. Do you love me? Would you still love me if I fell in love with you and someone else?”

 

Se Kyung giggled, “Of course, I love you Jjongie~,” Then she smirked, “But about the last part, I wouldn't be too pleased about. You don't still love _____ do you?”

 

“Psh, what? Of course not, babe,” I assured her, “I was just saying 'if', because if you truly loved some else over me, then I would let you go if it would truly make you happy,”

 

“Good,” She smiled, “Also, that would never happen, because I only love you. You know that right?” She looked up at me with aegyo.

 

I sighed, “Yes, I know,”

 

“Jonghyun!” Key waved over to me, “Dude the driver is here! It's time for all of us to head back to the mansion,”

 

“Coming,” I tried to run as fast as I could, but I was being pulled down by Se Kyung's shopping bags.

 

“Woah dude,” Key had a shocked expression, “Why are you carrying all of these bags?”

“Se Kyung,” I answered.

 

Key just shook his head, “No offense or anything, but this relationship with her is seriously holding you down. When you dated _____, she would never make you do something like this,”

 

I glared at Key, “What point are you trying to make here?”

 

Key just shrugged, “I don't know, just wanting to show you that breaking up with ____ was probably a huge mistake,”

 

“I know alright?” My voice got weaker, “I know,”

 

Back at the mansion

 

Your POV

 

“I hope all of you had a great time,” Kahi warmly welcomed us back, “But now it's time for your next challenge. Honestly, this one is the most difficult one. Since it consists of using both mental and physical power it'll be worth 25 points for the winner. The loser will receive 15 points. The point of the challenge is a treasure hunt or a scavenger hunt. You will receive a letter with a riddle which will lead you to the next spot. Minho or Onew will then give you your next clue and a certain item once you've reached the destination. There will be four different riddles. Whoever completes it first wins. Good luck,” With that said Kahi disappeared.

 

Onew approached me, smiling, “Here is your first riddle,”

 

“Thank you,” I thanked him as he handed it to me.

 

“Good luck,” He winked and walked away.

 

“I don't like him,” Taemin appeared out of nowhere, commenting.

 

“L-let's open the clue. Shall we?” Yoona quickly changed the subject.

 

You think of tragedy and romance then this inseparable pair pops into your mind.

Romeo and Juliet, together even in death their love was never left behind.

You will find your first task where the Romeo called out to his one and only, her beauty almost making him blind.

 

“Romeo and Juliet, huh?” Taemin lulled over the thought a bit.

 

“So romantic,” Yoona gushed.

 

“And sad,” Taecyeon added.

 

“Romeo, romeo. Wherefore art thou Romeo,” Yoona repeated, “Ah, even just saying that gives me the chills,”

 

“The balcony!” Taemin and I said in unison.

 

“This place has a ton of balconies though. Each room has one. Also, each end of the house. One by the garden and the other looking beyond lake.” Taecyeon explained.

 

“The garden!” Yoona yelled, “When Romeo saw Juliet at her window, admiring her beauty, he was in the Capulet's garden.”

 

“YES!” Taecyeon gave her a high five, “Let's go!” With that said we sprinted to the Garden Balcony.

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

You must go where you watch over what runs but can never walk.

Like a lion, I may roar, but I have no prey and do not stalk.

Look beyond around 7 to see the sun be blocked.

This precious place is where your task will be unlocked.

 

I stared at the riddle, bewildered, “What the heck is this? We're away from school and yet we have to do all of this thinking!” I was ready to pull my hair out.

 

“Jjong~ Babe. Calm down,” Se Kyung wrapped her arms around me, giving me a hug, “Do I need to give you a kiss to make you feel better,”

 

Suddenly, I felt her grip pull away from me.

 

Key had broken us apart, “I'm sorry to break up this lovely relationship, however, we don't have time and we need to win this. We're way behind the other team.”

 

Se Kyung angrily glared at Key, “The answer is water. This place is the balcony that over looks the lake where you can watch the sunset.”

 

“Woah,” I stared at her, “How in the world did you know that?”

 

“The water runs, but never walks. It loudly roars as the waves come in. Also, in that direction you can watch the sunset. Plus, the location where all this goes down is the balcony in the west wing,” Se Kyung calmly explained.

 

“Wow,” Key smiled slightly, “I'm surprised an airhead like you knew that.”

 

She gave him a dirty look, “I'm pretty smart actually. My father always had me have a personal tutor every summer after kindergarten so that I would lose any of my knowledge,”

 

“Too bad you're only book smart and lack in common sense and emotion,” Key muttered.

 

“What was that?!” Se Kyung hissed at him.

 

I began to walk off, “You two better hurry up. I saw the other team hustle up the stairs already.”

 

Your POV

 

“Minho!” I exclaimed once I saw his silhouette against.

 

He chuckled at my reaction, “You made it.” He walked over to me and held my hands.

 

STARE~

 

I turned to find Taemin right next to me, staring suspiciously.

 

“Here is your next riddle and your item, milady,” Minho got down on one knee, kissing the back of my hand, and offering the envelope and a pretty fancy pen with a shiny gemstone at the end.

 

“T-thank you,” I stuttered. Minho just smirked at my blush and walked away.

 

“Good luck,” He gave me a charismatic smile. Trying to avoid the weird glances I was receiving, I quickly opened the envelope.

 

FiRst there is a jOurNey you will Take.
follow the clues and your Day it will make.
but it's nOt as easy as it might seem to yOu,
all clues are Riddles that might stump you.

 

…....

 

….......

 

…..........

 

“WHAT IS THIS?!” I yelled, “This doesn't even make sense. I can't grasp anything from what this says.”

 

“Maybe, it's outside on a path? Since it says a Journey we should take.” Yoona guessed.

 

“Maybe, it's the forest? You know stump, like a tree stump,” Taecyeon suggested. We all sat down, wondering.

 

“Ah! I don't know!” I desperately screamed, glaring at the clue, “And whoever wrote it seriously has no idea how to write! Look at all these random capital letters. I'm guessing they had kindergartners write all these out.”

 

“Wait,” Taemin grabbed it from me, “Those letters spell out something. F-R-O-N-T-D-O-O-R.”

 

All of us, glanced at Taemin then quickly sprinted to the front door. As we opened the door, I stared at Onew who was casually leaning on the huge white column.

 

He smiled at me, “Glad you could make it,”

 

I nodded my head. Taemin frowned.

 

“Here is your next clue and your item,” Onew handed me the envelope and a huge stack of empty envelopes.

 

“Woah,” I exclaimed at the surprisingly heavy weight.

 

“Here I'll carry it,” Taemin offered. I gave it to him. He loudly grunted at the sudden impact and weight. I just chuckled, smiling at the struggling Taemin as I opened up our next clue.

 

At the sound of me, men may dream

Or stamp their feet

At the sound of me, women may laugh

Or sometimes weep

I hold different keys that cannot unlock a door

However, I can unlock your soul and many more

 

“A key chain?” Taecyeon spoke first, “Because it does hold keys. It also makes a jingle sound when the keys collide with each other.”

 

“However, it says it cannot lock a door,” I said.

 

“Also, keys can't unlock a soul,” Yoona added.

 

“But music can,” I stated.

 

“The piano!” Taemin yelled, victoriously and ran off like a hyper bunny without us.

 

At the piano, in the sun room, I could tell that the sun was beginning to set. I saw a man's silhouette, looking down at the piano, as if debating whether or not to play it. Suddenly, an intense lullaby lulled throughout the room. I sighed happily at the sound of it, closing my eyes, letting my imagination drift off.

 

 

“Wow, amazing,” I stated, suddenly realizing that within that time period I moved closer to the piano, now standing behind Minho.

 

Minho quickly turned to me in slight shock, but then smiled when he realized it was me, “Nah, it's really nothing,”

 

“No really,” I moved closer to him, sitting next to him on the bench, “It was beautiful,”

 

I felt a strong, angry aura behind me. I turned to see a glaring Taemin.

 

“T-taemin,” I stuttered, “What's wrong?”

 

He glared at Minho, “Can I have a go at the piano?”

 

Minho noticed his jealousy and smirked, “Sure dude, go for it.” Minho got out of the way as Taemin plopped himself of the bench next to me.

 

 

I closed my eyes, completely falling into a trance to his peaceful melody. Before I realized it, my head was relaxingly leaning on Taemin's shoulder. He placed his hand on my knee lovingly after he finished playing the song and snuggled closer to me.

 

“Sorry to interrupt,” Minho butted in, causing Taemin to become sour again, “But, remember that this is like a race. The first one who gets to the last destination wins.” He extended his hands to show me the stationary and the envelope.

 

“Oh my gosh!” I screamed, practically ripping open the envelope, “I completely forgot.”

 

I am always hungry,
I must always be fed,
The finger I touch,
Will soon turn red

I am located in the very back

So this house I will not attack

 

“Well, I'm always hungry,” Taecyeon stated shyly. Yoona just chuckled slightly at his cuteness.

 

“Well if it's located in the back, that means it's somewhere in the backyard,” I guessed.

 

“Something you always have to feed, but it will make you turn red at the touch,” Taemin repeated, thinking.

 

“Well,” Yoona started, “The backyard consists of a pool, jacuzzi, small garden area, fountain, pool chairs, umbrellas...” She continued stating what was there, recalling the positioning of everything. “THE FIRE PIT!” Yoona yelled. “You must always feed the fire so it doesn't go out, if you touch it you'll burn, and it's located in the very back so that sparked won't set the house on fire!”

 

With that said we ran and ran as fast as we could, hoping we still had a chance at winning.

 


 

Forgive me for the slowness of my updates. Been working on summer homework :((

Sorry, pretty boring chapter. Again. I promise it'll get interesting soon!

Anyway, what did you like about this chapter?

Any dislikes?
Did you solve any of the riddles before they gave you the answer?

What do you think about the Jonghyun/Se Kyung scenario in the beginning?

Feelings on Taemin's Jealousy?

COMMENTS ARE MOVITVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL~