The Winner Is...

Someday You'll Realize

I woke up to the morning light shining into my room as the birds chirped a happy tune. I recalled my quick escape to the room. Right after Auntie Kahi said good-night, I booked it to my room. I quickly jumped in bed and hid myself under the covers. I could feel Taemin ready to jump into the bed with me, however, Jonghyun told him that I was probably sleeping already because of how exhausted I was from the cleaning and the cooking we did today.

 

Taemin leaned in and whispered, “I love you. Sleep tight and have sweet dreams. I know you will be in mine,”

 

Those words tortured me throughout the night, nonetheless I managed to get some amount of sleep. Now here I am, just laying still of my bed, staring at the sun-rays coming into my room. I sighed. This whole time I was debating whether or not to tell Taemin about what happened with Jonghyun. If I told him he'd be hurt and brutally in pain. I'd be untrustworthy and he'd probably very upset. However, if I keep it a secret he'll never know. But then again, I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt. Also, if he hears if from Jonghyun instead of me, then he'll be in MORE pain.

 

“I just don't want to hurt him,” I whispered aloud.

 

“Good morning, _____,” I turned my head to see Taemin creeping into the section of my room, opening the door that divided us.

 

“Morning Taemin,” I smiled at his appearance. His hair was a ruffled, his white shirt he had on had wrinkles all over it, yet clung onto him, and his plaid pj pants.

 

“Are you feeling better?” Taemin asked.

 

“Huh?” I asked.

 

“Because you seem really exhausted yesterday I thought you were sick. I mean, you practically ran to the bed after the challenge,” Taemin explained.

 

“Oh, yeah,” I stated when realization hit me, “Yeah, I'm feeling much better now that I got some rest,” I lied. However, Taemin saw straight through it.

 

He sighed, “Okay, tell me what's wrong,”

 

“Nothing,” I looked away. He pulled my chin towards him so that I would stare directly into his eyes.

 

“Don't lie to me,” He ily warned, “I might be gullible sometimes ____, but I'm not stupid.” He leaned his forehead onto mine, reassuring me, “You know you can tell me anything,”

 

“Even if I did something horrible, would you still love me?” I nervously asked him.

 

He kissed the tip of my nose, “Of course,”

 

I took in a deep breath ready to tell him.

 

“You guys better get ready for breakfast,” Jonghyun came out of the bathroom with his hair wet from the shower and a towel wrapped around him, “Taemin you can take a shower next,”

 

“Oh, okay hyung~” Taemin quickly kissed my forehead and grabbed his things, ready to take a shower.

 

“Don't tell him,” Jonghyun bitterly stated once he heard Taemin start the shower.

 

“What? Why?” I angrily questioned.

 

“Because if you tell him. I tell Se Kyung. It would only be fair to tell both the other's partner,” Jonghyun smirked, “However, once that happens, Se Kyung won't be very pleased with you,”

 

I shivered at the thought. If he told Se Kyung, then obviously everything would end horribly. She would be out to kill me and ruin everything in my life, including my relationship with Taemin. Who knows what she would do to me...

 

I glared at Jonghyun, “You wouldn't dare tell her,”

 

“Oh yes I would,” Jonghyun walked closer to me, “You know that if I tell her she wouldn't be mad at me. That's just her personality. She would go straight to hating you for it,”

 

I knew he was right. I knew that Se Kyung was a person who is easily jealous and automatically wouldn't blame or condemn the love her life, Jonghyun.

 

“So, you're not going to tell Taemin right?” Jonghyun bargained.

 

“No,” I mumbled in defeat.

 

“Good,” Jonghyun smirked. “Because I would hate to see my little brother heart broken because his not-official-girlfriend cheated on him with her ex,” With that said he went into his section of the room to get ready and change.

 

I couldn't see Taemin now. I couldn't stand lying to his face. I needed to take a shower though and when he gets out I'm pretty sure I would just blurt everything out to him. I couldn't afford Se Kyung's wrath at this point. I grabbed my things and walked out of the room.

 

~

 

I can't believe I'm going to actually do this. I can't believe this became my last resort. I knocked on the door and it opened.

 

“_____?” Key looked at me questioningly.

 

“Could I borrow your shower?” I gave him the puppy eyes.

 

“Um, why?” He irritatedly asked.

 

“Because Taemin is using the shower right now and I just need to take a quick shower,” I begged.

 

“Hm?” Key amusingly smirked, “What if I don't want to? I mean, apparently I'm a diva and a hypocrite,”

 

Dang it, I shouldn't have called him that.

 

“I'll make it up to you then,” I stuck out my pinky, “I promise you that I will do you grant you three wishes no matter what it is. In exchange, I get to take a shower without you peeking or doing anything to mess with me,”

 

“Deal,” Key smirked and made a pinky promise with me. As I walked past him, he cheekily replied, “You sure you won't regret this?”

 

“I probably will later on,” I confessed, “But at the moment, I'm going to take a relaxing shower,” With that said I slammed the bathroom door on Key's face.

 

~

 

When I finished taking a shower and changed into my outfit for the day, Key walked with me to the dining room where everyone was enjoying breakfast.

 

“_____!” Taemin waved me over to the seat that he saved me.

 

“Aw, thanks Tae. You shouldn't have,” I smiled, kind of wishing that he didn't save me a spot and I could've just avoided him throughout breakfast. I noticed Jonghyun smirking at my response to Taemin. Key sat by him and lightly punched him, commenting about how he was staring at me. Se Kyung jealously pouted then glared at me.

 

“Attention everyone,” Auntie Kahi announced, “The votes are in and the theme for the party is unanimous! Thank you to the readers for voting! We all appreciate it!”

 

“What is she talking about?” Jonghyun mumbled to Key.

 

“The winner is....” She paused for dramatic effect. “Midnight Masquerade!”

 

“YES!” I stood up and cheered, practically jumping into Taemin's arms in happiness. Yoona and Taecyeon came in on the group hug.

 

“Congrats to the Blue Team you earn 10 points landing you with a total of 30 points. You each will receive $300 when you go to the mall today! Red team you earned 5 points and ended up with 25 total. As a losing punishment, please clean up all the dishes after breakfast, put the leftovers in a fridge, and wipe down the table. After that you all are free to do whatever you please. Hope you all have a nice day,” Auntie Kahi stood up and left.

 

“We won! We won!” I rejoiced, dancing around, immaturely bragging.

 

“I wish that you would do my punishment for me,” Key suddenly stated.

 

“Um, what?”

 

“You heard me. I get three favors right? The Almighty Key commands you to do the punishment for me,” He leaned in closer to me, smirking.

 

“Fine,” I huffed and began to pick up dishes.

 

~

 

After suffering through a mountain of dishes and a bubbly tornado of dish-washing detergent, I finally made it to the mall. The others had went ahead without me and honestly speaking, I silently thanked Key for making me do the punishment because it gave me a chance to avoid Taemin. He hadn't brought our last conversation up at all during lunch, but he might bring it up sooner or later.

 

Here I was walking around the mall like a complete loner, not knowing whether I should find Taemin and them or just go shopping by myself.

 

“Hey cutie,” I heard a voice come up to me, “You all alone?”

 


Who do you think the creeper mall guy is?

How do you feel about ____ avoiding Taemin?

How do you feel about her promise to Key?

Sorry, it's a kinda short chapter. But I've been really busy this week.

My cheer team did pretty good in Regionals and we're going to State.

Also, I wish I could promise you more updates, but this weekend I have a crazy schedule so I won't be able to update in the next couple of days. I'm sorry!

COMMENTS ARE MOTIVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL~