Before It Explodes

Someday You'll Realize

Part 4

Before It Explodes

 

Your POV

 

The tense, suffocating atmosphere seemed too unbearable throughout the car ride home. I could feel the heat building up as if everything was about to explode. To make it worse, Taemin hasn't said a word. Not even when I entered the house. I imagined that if he was seriously mad or annoyed with me, then he'd tell me to leave, forced to throw me out like a stray.

 

However, my mind wandered into a more confusing problem. Jonghyun and Taemin being brothers. They seem to have nothing in common nor do they look alike in anyway what-so-ever. Even their personalities were complete opposites, like black and white.

 

Taemin

Shy & Quiet

Cute & Adorable

Lanky, Skinny

Sensitive, Caring

Loyal

Mysteriously y

 

Jonghyun

Talkative & Outgoing

Manly

Buff

Insensitive Jerk

Player, Cheater, & Flirt

Arrogant y & I Know It

 

 

Brothers. Did Taemin mean they were just brotherly friends with a tight, irreplaceable bond? But then again, Taemin barked those words with pure enmity. Is it possible those two actually shared the same blood? For some reason, the thought of those two being related sent shivers down my spine.

 

Taemin POV

 

Completely concentrated, I coldly stared at the roads, trying hard not to step on the accelerator. My anger was boiling up inside of me, tempting me to just book it home. I wanted to let the speed of the car, the furious zoom, and the roar of the engine replace this horrible feeling. However, I controlled myself. My jaw was tight as I struggled to calm myself.

 

The only thing on my mind was _____ and Jonghyun. Did she even notice how much I sincerely cared for her? Did she ever notice that I would stare at her from a distance in school, envying how happy she looked with Jonghyun? Probably not. The only thing that's on her mind right now is how Jonghyun and I are brothers. I sneak a quick glance at her scowling face and mentally chuckle to myself. Her expression of confusion is priceless.

 

However, one thought came to mind.

 

-_______-

 

She's thinking about Jonghyun.

 

Dinner

 

Your POV

 

Again, there was dead silence. Not even a single creak in the chair as I fidgeted from side to side. I took one bite of the shrimp tempura udon.

 

“This is delicious!” I happily screamed, breaking the tension in the room.

 

Taemin's serious look quickly dissolved, completely being overrun by his smile, “Really? That's good to here. I was scared it wouldn't turn out right.”

 

It's perfect,” I firmly stated, gulping down the whole thing in one bite.

 

Taemin stared at me intently.

 

What?”
 

He grabbed a tissue and gentle dabbed at the edges of my lips, “You have soup all over your face. I know I've said this before, but for a skinny girl you eat A LOT,”

 

I struck out my tongue at him and shoved more of the delicious noodles down my throat.

 

Taemin smiled, admirably.

 

Don't stare at me like that,” I sighed.

 

Stare at you like what?” Taemin cutely pouted, playing innocent.

 

Like that. That thing you do with your eyes. Just stop it.”

 

Why?” Taemin frowned, highly upset. Quit doing that. I'm suppose to be mad at you! “Falling for me already?”

 

Taemin. Stop.” I firmly stated, “This can't happen,”

 

What do you mean?” Acting stupid possibly?

 

Us. It can't happen,”

 

Wae?” Taemin looked at me with his dark brown puppy eyes.

 

Because!!” I closed my eyes furious and aggravated by this whole situation. He is so persistent I swear! It's making my emotions and feelings become more confusing than necessary.

 

Wae,” Taemin repeated in the same curious child-like tone.

 

BECAUSE!” I screamed opening my eyes to reveal a sorrowful Taemin leaning towards me, arm supporting him on the table, face inches away.

 

At least give me a chance,” He whispered in my ear. I froze as I felt his hot breath send chills down my spine. Next thing I know he kissed me, tender and sweet. His lips tasted like candy, were soft and easily glided over mine. He then pulled me on top of him, sitting on his lap, regretfully kissing him back.

 

I honestly have no clue where Taemin is suddenly getting all this manly courage to make a move. He obviously hasn't done anything or even talk to me while I was in high school. I mean, yeah sure, I had a boyfriend, but at least try an attempt to strike up a conversation with me as friends. There have been moments when he was innocent, small, and cute. Then in others there was a spark of courageousness, manliness, mysteriousness, iness, and a demanding personality.

 

Taemin cupped my face and deepened the kiss. His touch. His scent. His lips. All of it reminded me of Jonghyun.

 

Taemin pulled away, cautiously. His eyes sparkled with hope, happily like a toddler staring at barrels filed with mouth-watering candies. Tears began to pour from my eyes, completely disgusted with myself. The fact that Taemin was showing my his sincere feelings for me, and here I am thinking and imagining it all with Jonghyun, made me sick to my stomach.

 

“Taemin,” I whispered, “I'm sorry I can't... I just-”

 

Taemin's eyes darkened as he tensed. He refused to look at me, turning his head away, his hair now covering his eyes.

 

“Taemin?” I quietly whispered, terrified.

 

“Why am I not good enough?!” Taemin yelled, “I'm equal to not if better than Jonghyun. We're related so were both very alike, but also completely different. Please, just get to know me before you turn me down,”

 

I started to tear up, “I don't deserve your feelings, loyalty, or dedication. I am seriously not worth it. A girl like me doesn't deserve an amazing guy like you,” I started choking up, “Everything thing I do with you I think of him. When you kissed me, pulled me, I casually thought of the dino. So try telling me you love me, when I'm this revolting person who can only think of another guy,”

 

Taemin cupped my face, “You are not revolting. In face, your continuation of loving Jonghyun though he hurt you, is admirable. I'm actually really jealous. I wish I was this important in your heart. So you know what?”

 

I tilted my head, waiting for the conclusion.

 

“I'll make you forget Jonghyun. I'll work harder to replace him. Then maybe I'll be the one that's always on your mind and forever in your heart,” He pulled me into a tight, comforting hug.

 

“Why?” I questioned. Why didn't he find me disgusting? Why didn't he hate or despise me for thinking of Jonghyun when he kissed me? Why didn't he realize that there's a huge possibility that I will never forget Jonghyun?

 

“Because I love you,” Taemin affectionately kissed my forehead. Someday you'll realize, you dug your own grave with those words.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

TAEMIN & YOU! A FAN'S DREAM COME TRUE!

Like Taemin? Or would you rather end up with Jonghyun?

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE YOUR THOUGHTS!

THANKS FOR READING! =)