Almost Paradise

Someday You'll Realize

Part 16

Almost Paradise

 

 

We stood there with eyes wide open, gawking at the surprising sight before us.

 

For this punishment I imagined service work located at a filthy arm, busy factory, or a old, rusty perfume smelling nursing home. This was definitely NOT what I had in mind. In front of us was a mansion standing gigantically big and pure white with massive columns supporting it. It gloriously glowed as the sun shined on it. Not only that, but eh magnificent floral scent filled the air as various vibrant rose bushes and orchids were scattered in a garden. I could also hear the roaring waves rushing over a seashore. From the sights and sounds, one thing came to my head. This is paradise!

 

White-mansion.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlq7IZdl8G5KzINZBBzMFimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnHuBdX2xZMKIykOuUwVY

(Front)                                                                  (Rose Garden)                        (Beach Shoreline)

rosecliff-front1.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGMqN4x9hPOauvbnOVxqy

(Side)                                                                 (Orchid Garden/Fountain)

 

“Oh! My! Gawd!” Se Kyung screamed in pure delight.

 

“It's beautiful.” I heard Yoona gasp as she gawked at it's beauty.

 

“This is our punishment?” Jonghyun questioned, giving a bewildered look to his aunt.

 

She smiled, “Yup. Great punishment, right?”

 

“Deh!!” All of us shouted in happiness, but both Jonghyun and Taemin gave a suspicious look to their aunt.

 

“I'm glad you all like it so far,” Mrs. Park laughed, “Now I'll give you a quick tour of the house then you can all do whatever you want,”

 

“Yes!” Key high-fived Jonghyun. “Relaxation here I come,”

 

“More like girls in bikinis here we come,” Jonghyun whispered. Both of them smirked at the thought of it.

 

“But all of you need to meet me here at the front porch at three.” Mrs. Park finished.

 

Finally, Mrs. Park opened the massive doors to reveal the interior of the dream house everyone wishes they could afford. She gave us a speedy tour showing us the entrance hall or corridor, living rooms, kitchen, dining room, game room, sun room, outdoor pool and jacuzzi, etc.

 

Next she led us to our rooms. However, when Jonghyun, Taemin, and I entered our room we stood their staring at one thing: the one bed in the center of the room.

 

 

“Well I don't know about you two,” Jonghyun started, “But I'm not the one who likes to share,” He lazily plopped himself and his belongings on the bed.

 

“Then you can have the couch,” Taemin pointed, “I'll share the bed with _____.” He smirked at me.

 

“No, I'm okay. I'll sleep on the ground,” I spoke quickly, flustered. Why? Again, I don't know why. I walked away from him and placed my bag on the ground.

 

Taemin pouted, “Come on, we sleep together all the time,”

 

Jonghyun quickly shot up from his comfortable curled up position on the bed. “___, you get the bed. Taemin take the couch. I'll sleep on the floor.”

 

I just nodded my head, agreeing to the plan. Just the idea of Taemin and I sharing a bed made me feel flustered. Taemin's other side would probably appear and like a weak, innocent lamb trapped in the lion's grasp, I wouldn't fight back.

 

Voice in my head: Little did the lion know though, that lamb might not be fighting back because it's weak, but because there's the slight possibility that it might have a slight liking towards him.

 

“Shut up,” I silently mumbled to myself.

 

Taemin huffed, “I liked my plan a lot better,”

 

“I don't want to be woken up by strange noises at night okay?” Jonghyun hissed.

 

I glared at him, “Who do you think I am? You know I wouldn't do something like that!”

 

He turned to me, “Honestly, I don't know anymore. After finding Taemin on top of you that night in the apartment, I don't know what to think of you anymore,”
 

“Oh my God, Jonghyun,” I stated with disbelief, “He was just tickling me! Get over it already! Also, again why do you care!”

 

“Because I have the right to okay? It's called fee-will,” He defended.

 

“That's your excuse! Don't bother caring then because remember YOU. HAVE. A. GIRLFRIEND!”

 

“Well sorry for showing some concern! I just wanted to make sure you didn't make a mistake and get pregnant!”

 

“You shouldn't worry about that! I'd be more worried that your girlfriend would get pregnant because hey you guys already got passed second base before you even started dating,”

 

“Ugh!” Jonghyun stomped off in fury into the bathroom, “You know what, I'm going to get ready for that picnic thing Se Kyung wanted so none of you can bug me!”

 

“Ugh! He annoys me so much,” I screamed, practically pulling my hair out. I was ready to storm out of the room onto the balcony. I paced back and forth, trying to keep the anger inside of me. I want to make sure I don't let this get to me. Jonghyun was just trying to make me bitter, furious, and unattractive. He wants me to prove to the world how horrible I am so that it'll verify the rumors that I was the villain and he was the innocent, wronged boyfriend. Just thinking that sparked a flame within me.

 

“Stupid Dino. Stupid Puppy. Stupid Dino-Puppy freak. God Jonghyun, I HATE YOU!” I angrily screamed to the world, listening to the echo.

 

“Wow, you sure have a lot of anger bottled up,” I turn to find Taemin leaning on frame of the doorway. “You're not going to jump off the balcony and kill yourself now are you?”

 

“No, of course not,” I sighed and leaned on the ledge of the balcony staring off into the horizon. Then I frowned, “But I'd love to throw Jonghyun off this balcony and have his huge dino head catch his fall.”

 

Taemin chuckled.

 

Suddenly I felt his hands wrap around me, pulling me into a back hug. I felt the warmth radiating off of his body and his gentle yet strong arms against me. The closeness suddenly made my heart race.

 

“I love you,” Taemin whispered into my ear. That same surge of guilt and sadness spiraled through me. I couldn't respond to it. I wasn't sure about my feelings towards Taemin. Saying it now would be the worst mistake of my life.

 

I just stood still, unable to find the right approach in responding.

 

“I'll always wait for you,” He rested his chin on my shoulder, “Even if you can't say your feelings yet. Always. I will always be here for you,”

 

With that said, Taemin let go and backed away.

 

“Wait,” I didn't realize it, but as if by reflex I hugged him to stay. Immediately, flustered by my actions I let go. “I-i mean, you can't stay?”

 

Taemin gave me a sorrowful smile, “No, I have somewhere I need to be,”

 

“Oh,” I seemed slightly surprised and upset, “Sorry for keeping you back. I'll see you later,”

 

Taemin nodded his head and left.

 

I went back to the balcony ledge and gazed out at the view. However, Taemin's absence made the view less enjoyable. Without him, I felt cold, alone, and deserted.

 

“You said you would always stay by my side,” I quietly mumbled, “Pabo,”

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

As I walked into the bathroom I suddenly sneezed. Maybe someone was talking about me? Of course, who wouldn't? I'm Kim Jonghyun, most good looking guy in the school. I happily hummed the song 'Nothing Better' as I got ready. Finally, I gave last glances to myself at the mirror, gave a confident wink, and headed out of the bathroom.

 

“No, of course not,” I heard her say, “But I'd love to throw Jonghyun off this balcony and have his huge arrogant dino-head catch his fall.”

 

I frowned at this comment. My head isn't that huge. I was about to show myself and scream at her about that, but the moment I stepped out I saw Taemin giving _____ a back hug.

 

“I love you,” I heard those words escape his mouth.

 

I slowly backed away from the scene and quietly shut the door behind me. Once in the hall I breathed a sigh of relief.

 

Jonghyun: WAIT! Why did I just give out a sigh of relief?

Voice: Because you were glad you escaped that scene.

Jonghyun: Yeah, because if stayed for another second I would've gagged from their romantic drama episode.

Voice: Sure sure, whatever you say. You just didn't want to hear her say that she loved him back.

Jonghyun: That's a lie!

Voice: No you only wish it was.

 

“Ah! Get out of my head!” I roared.

 

Your POV

 

I decided to take a walk and possibly find some of our other classmates. Hopefully I wouldn't run into Key. After the last encounter with him, I was worried that he would put more words into my mouth making me more and more confused with my relationship with Taemin and Jonghyun.

 

“_____!” I turned as that voice called out to me. There Key was at the end of the hallway, smirking, waving me over.

 

“Sorry Key. I gotta go.. do that... um.. thing,” I smiled as I quickly sprinted past him. However, knowing Key's suspicion and possible amusement of torturing me, I heard his footsteps follow. I booked it out of the house and into the rose garden, jumping behind a bush like a ninja. I peeked, watching Key pant and take a break.

 

“Aish, where did she go?” Key panted and in frustration sprinted away.

 

I breathed a sigh of relief, getting out of the prickly bush. Realizing where I was, I strolled through the twists and turns of the stone pathways, I glanced at the vibrant roses and inhaled the pleasing floral scent. I spun around a twirled, enjoying the warmth of the sun. I hummed along to a tune as the birds chirped. Being in this garden suddenly blew all my troubles away, making me completely forget all about the whole being angry at Jonghyun and confusion with Taemin.

 

“Taemin!” I heard a girl say his name. “You two are just precious together,”

 

I unknowingly walked towards the sound. There in front of me was Taemin and Yoona snuggling up against each other on a blanket across from Jonghyun and Se Kyung doing the same. I watched as Taemin intertwined his fingers with Yoona's giving her a confident smile. She blushed while staring into his eyes, then leaned her head against his chest.

 

“Babe, quit putting all your attention on them,” Jonghyun tilted Se Kyung's chin to look at him so that she would see his pout.

 

“Aw, poor Jjongie~ Are you jealous?” She teased before she went in and kissed his pouting lips. When Se Kyung pulled away, her eyes just happened to wander in my direction. I crouched behind a bush. I waited to hear footsteps come nearer and nearer, but all I heard was just more chatter in the direction of the picnic. I gave out a sigh of relief.

 

I turned around to find a glaring Se Kyung.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Flustered, I quickly grabbed a rose, “You know just sniffing some roses. They say the smell of roses makes you live longer,” I smiled and awkwardly laughed.

 

She leaned forward, not breaking our eye contact, “I just wanna say this clearly so we don't get any misunderstandings. I don't like you. In fact I hate you. I don't want you anywhere near my boyfriend what-so-ever. I know you still have feelings for him, but it's time for you to get over it. I will soon make him forget about every little thing about you,” She swiftly smacked the rose out of my hand, “Also, stay away from Taemin. He's Yoona's now and I don't want you getting in the way of their working progress. Got it?”

 

I reluctantly nodded my head.

 

“Good, glad we understand each other,” She coldly commented and walked away.

 

Suddenly this warm paradise seemed cold and bitter, like a strong winter suddenly hovered over it. Se Kyung the ice princess managed to crush all the possibilities of me enjoying this trip. Even the rose she smacked out of my hand seemed to have frost over it. I glared daggers into her back as she walked towards the picnic.

 

Love is like a rose in the winter; only the strong survive.

 


ALMOST PARADISE!!~ That song played in my head the whole time I wrote this.

Boys Over Flowers. The BEST K-Drama ever! If you haven't watched it go check it out. NOW!

Also, I apologize. I know it's been a long long time. I've just been lazy and having major writer's block.

Actually no just pretty lazy. And busy.

BUT ANYWAY!

Hate Se Kyung? Hate Jonghyun? Hate _____ for not knowing her feelings towards Tae?

What do you love so far? What just urks you?

What do YOU want to see happen next?

COMMENTS ARE VERY MOTIVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL~