Patching It Up

Someday You'll Realize

Taemin's POV

 

“Here's more napkins.” I handed Jonghyun a whole stack. “And a towel I just bought.” I gave them the pikachu towel that was tempting to keep for myself.

 

“Oppa~ Look what she did to me.” Se Kyung bawled into Jonghyun's arms.

 

“Se Kyung. Ah, careful, you're getting me sticky with soda too.” Jonghyun struggled to dry her off without getting wet himself.

 

“Oppa! I hate her!” Se Kyung screamed.

 

“Yes yes, I know,” Jonghyun placed the towel on her head and dried her hair.

 

God I'm such and idiot. I kept replaying the scene in my head. Why did I say that to her? God, I'm a complete idiot. Her face when she actually listened to me and apologized kept running through my head. Those tears that fell from her face were because of me. I promised I'd never make her cry. I just did. God I'm such a jackass.

 

“Go to her.” Jonghyun says.

 

“What?” Taemin asked in confusion.

 

“Go find _____, I'll take care of my girlfriend.”

 

“I'm Se Kyung's date for the day, maybe I should stay.” I explained, “Plus I'm sure she hates me right now. Maybe you should go comfort her?”

 

“Bro, it's obvious from the look on your face. Go Tae. Go.” Jonghyun stated.

 

With that said I ran in the direction I watched her sprint to. I hope I can find her. I listened as the thunder roared.

 

Your POV

 

Lighting cracked and thunder boomed. I shivered slightly from the cold, but other than that I felt numb. I'm so stupid. I'm an idiot. I'm pathetic. I'm a . I can't make up my mind and I'm hurting people in the process. I'm worse than Se Kyung.

 

Lighting cracked across the sky and the thunder boomed louder than the first time. I screamed and flinched this time.

 

Suddenly, I felt warm hands wrap around my waist and pull me into a back hug. I felt the person's breath against my neck as they whispered, “I should've known this was going to happen. I'm sorry.” I inhaled his familiar scent. The scent that comforted me when I needed it most.

 

“Forgive me for the words that I said,” Taemin put his lips against the back of my neck, “I'm an idiot. I'm stupid. I'm pathetic. I should be the one apologizing not you. I promised I would never hurt you. That I'd never make you cry like Jonghyun did and yet I did. I'm sorry ____. I'm so sorry. You can hate me now and go to Jonghyun. I'd understand completely. I wouldn't want to be with a jackass like me...” Taemin sulked more and more.

 

I chuckled slightly, “Weird. A second ago I was calling myself stupid, pathetic, and an idiot.”

 

“But you're not in the wrong, ___.” Taemin explained.

 

I turned to face him, “Are you kidding me? I am in the wrong. I shouldn't keep blaming Jonghyun and Se Kyung for 'ruining my life'. I was just being dramatic. Sure, the things they did hurt me and scarred me, but I wouldn't have met you if it didn't happen. Thank you for being honest and truthful with me. Yes, you're words hurt, but they were the truth.”

 

Taemin smiled, but then frowned, “I'm such a jerk. I'm sorry. It just all built up in the end. The fact that Jonghyun is obviously going for you when he has a girlfriend is killing me. And don't pretend like it's not happening, I can see it. I lashed out because I was being really immature and couldn't control my feelings. I was being stupid because I didn't know what to do when I felt so hurt. I, I-”

 

I pulled him into a hug, “Shh. Tae it's fine thank you for being honest to me. No you are not a jerk! You told me the truth and though some of those words were hurtful, some were very true. I realized I need to sort out my feelings for you and Jonghyun. Because honestly Taemin, I can't forget Jonghyun, but I really can't let you go.”

 

Taemin hugged back, “Even if you do let go, remember that I'll always be here for you.”

 

“Thank you,” I smiled.

 

Suddenly, Taemin gently pushed me against the tree, his elbow and forearm leaning on it for support in order to lean closer to me. Those chocolate brown innocent eyes seemed a little more devious by the second.

He gave a playful smirk, “But don't think I'm gonna let Jonghyun steal you so easily,” With that said he leaned in slowly, cautiously. The slower he went though the more time it gave for my heart to overload. My heart beat fastened, the sound practically exploding in my ears.

 

“T-tae,” I stuttered, the anxiety building up.

 

“I really do love you, ____,” Taemin whispered before his lips finally reached mine.

 

Simple and sweet, yet devoted and passionate. That describes the kiss. Not only that, but it's the same with Taemin. He's very sincere and kind. He even apologized first when I was definitely the one in the wrong. I'm really glad we patched it up. That was one of the quickest times I've been in a fight with someone. I give in way to easily.

 

Taemin pulled away and gently caressed my cheek, “I'm not gonna let you go,” Then he kissed me on the forehead.

 

Or maybe, I just can't stay mad at this guy.

 

“Okay that's enough,” Suddenly strong arms pulled me away from the warm embrace, “We have to finish our date. Bye. Se Kyung is waiting for you inside.” Jonghyun grabbed my wrist.

 

“Yah! Jonghyun!!” I screamed as I struggled to get out of his grasp, making him stop in his tracks.

 

“Yah, bro. Let her go,” Taemin defended me.

 

Jonghyun looked irked and snickered, “Bro. When you were moping a second ago and actually telling me to get ____, I was being a kind older brother and advised you to go to her. But now remember that she's my date for the day. You have Se Kyung. The rules were we got to have dates with the person of our choosing. You were not in the package deal.” With that said Jonghyun grabbed my hand and ran.

 

Jonghyun sprinted out to the parking lot, practically yanking me along, where a black car was waiting for us. To avoid the pouring rain I quickly jumped in.

 

“To the next destination please,” Jonghyun politely asked the chauffeur. Jonghyun watched as the rain smacked against the windows. I felt the warmth radiating from his hand still holding mine. He held it tighter.

 

“Jonghyun, you can let go now,” I informed him.

 

“No.” He stated in a sad serious tone, “Never.”

 



So what did you think?

Haha sorry it was really short.

And sorry to keep you all waiting.

Are you still loyal to Team Tae? Or Team Jjong?

FOR NEXT CHAPTER WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER SEE:

Jjong + You (With a bit of Tae + Se Kyung)

OR

See the dates of Yoona + Key & Kahi + Taecyeon

 

COMMENTS ARE MOTIVATING.

LOVE YOU ALL~