Time to Eat!

Someday You'll Realize

Thankfully the rest of the challenge went by somewhat smoothly. There was no longer any embarrassing moments. I decided to shake off what had happened in the kitchen. It was strange, weird, and an obvious scene pulled out from an anime. I don't like Taecyeon like that, so I pray he doesn't have any feelings towards me. My life is already complicated enough.

 

Anyway, our team and the other team just finished up watering the rose garden. Now all of us were sprinting to the kitchen, practically starving.

 

Mrs. Kahi Park smiled at us as we rushed towards her, panting.

 

“Welcome back,” She started, “One team earned 10 points. The other team earned 15. ... Congratulations to Jonghyun's team for winning!” She noticed our completely confused expressions and explained, “They didn't break any fine china,”

 

“YES!” Jonghyun rejoiced. Se Kyung jumped into his arms.

 

“Delicious food here I come!” Key happily annouced.

 

“But there is a twist,” Kahi Park smirked.

 

“You're kidding me right?” Jonghyun frowned.

 

“Sorry kiddo, but I don't kid. Your team will eat first. However, both teams need to cook a special meal for the owners of this house. A couple and their two teenage kids. The winners will get 20 extra points. At dinner time we will explain the rewards to the point system and a deeper explanation of how your week will be. You can use anything in this kitchen. You may begin,” Mrs. Kahi Park walked out the doors, leaving us to do our work.

 

“Let's go with Itlalian!” Key screamed. “I have the whole thing planed out in my head. With that said, the whole team began listening to Key's commands.

 

“What are we gonna do?” Yoona pouted, “They have Key who is practically a master chef compared to the rest of us,”

 

“Well, I have an idea,” I stated. All eyes looked at me eagerly. I told them my idea.

 

“That's a great idea!” Taecyeon announced and happily put an arm around me, messing with my hair, “I knew you wouldn't let us down,”

 

“Ah, that theme is so adorable!” Yoona gushed, “I can't wait to start,”

 

Those two began to grab for ingredients, leaving me with Taemin.

 

“I think this was a great idea,” He complimented. “This whole thing suits you well.” I just nodded, “How about you be the entertainment? You know pick a song that expresses the whole idea of the meal?”

 

I just nodded again and went to help Taecyeon and Yoona. Sorry Taemin, I just can't face you anymore.

 

Nobody's POV

 

“What is taking the food?” One of the boys quietly mumbled.

 

“Now, Minho,” His mother warned, “Be a little patient please,”

 

“I'm not trying to be rude, but why are we having all of these kids here for a week?” The other boy commented.

 

“Onew,” His dad sighed, “We've explained this before. The principal is a dear friend to us. We needed help for this week and she needed them to fulfill a punishment service retreat. So that's what all of this us,”

 

Both boys just sighed and sunk into their chairs, deeper and deeper as time went on. Finally, the first team came out.

 

“Hello,” The whole team bowed.

 

“My name is Key and I will be announcing the dishes and courses,” He began, “The theme is 'Welcome to Italy'. All of the delicacies presented will all fall under the category of Italian food. Our reasoning behind is not only that it is what we were most confident in cooking, but when we first came to this mansion we were completely mind-shocked by it's beauty. Italy is a very beautiful, magnificent, classy country, just like your family.”

 

“What a charmer,” The mother quietly whispered to the father.

 

Appetizer: Bruschetta

Bruschetta.jpg

 

Main: Pasta with creamy Alfredo sauce

Lower-Fat-Creamy-Alfredo-Sauce_white-Sau

 

Dessert: Tiramisu Parfait

 

expsi25958_LT10593A05_05_3b.jpg

 

Each of them took a bite of the delicious food, enjoying every second of it.

 

“Thank you,” The mother smiled, letting them know it was okay for them to leave.

 

Your POV

 

My heart was pounding as we waited for the family to finish up their food.

 

“Might as well give up now,” Key teased, “We've got this in the bag,”

 

I was really nervous, but taking a deep breath allowed me to gain my courage. I glared at Key, “We'll see who wins this,”

 

“I'm pretty sure we will,” Key cockily replied. I stuck my tongue out at him angrily.

 

“____,” Taemin rested his hands on my shoulder, “We're up.” We entered the room. Suddenly, what caught my eye was how handsome, suave, and cool their teenage boys looked. I was mesmerized and entranced by their looks.

 

Taemin nudged me to snap out of it.

 

“Hello,” We all bowed.

 

“Hi, my name is _____. Thank you for everything you've done for us so far,” I bowed.

 

“She's so polite,” I heard the father whisper.

 

The comment made me confident and I continued, “The theme we came up with was 'Falling In & Out of Love'. When we first came here, I'm pretty sure all of us fell in love with your beautiful mansion. To us, it seemed like a completely untouchable paradise. This made us all realize that there are many sides to love. We hope to show our love and gratitude in our dishes. Please enjoy,” I then took a deep breath and announced each one.

 

“We'll start off with a special drink for the adults: a Chocolate Indulge Martini. It shows the fun, spunky, exciting side of love. When you see the person you love or first fall in love, the whole incident can seem exhilarating, leaving you breathless. With the sweet taste of chocolate and the dangerous rush of an alcoholic beverage, we wanted to show the energizing side of love.”

2011-02-14-last-minute-ideas-for-valenti

 

 

“The appetizer is Heart Shaped Ravioli. The ravioli represents the heart having an outer layer wanting to protect it from the pain and hurt love can cause. But the outer layer can be easily broken. By biting into it, it reveals the soft, warm side of love. The inner most feelings that lie within someone's heart.”

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPggfEVyYw-aEowUVb2pb

 

“The main is Vols-Au-Vent filled with Chicken and Beet Stew. A crunchy heart-shaped puff pastry shell filled with a savory chicken and beet stew which catches your eye with its vibrant color. Like love at first sight, your heart skips a beat.”

 

2heart-puff-shell.jpg

 

“Lastly is the dessert: Chocolate Layers with Fresh Raspberries or Raspberry Mousse Cakes, which ever one suits your taste. The chocolate can be the heavier, dark side of love. The mousse represents the light, cloud nine feeling of love. Both show off different layers, like how love has different levels. There are those that you like as friends, are madly in love with, sincerely care for, and are attracted to. All in all, no matter how different it may seem, it is still love.”

0114201-ec-chocolate-raspberries.jpg?__Sedibles-vday-raspberry-mousse-cakes.jpg?


I watched as they each took a bite into the food, crossing my fingers praying that they will like it.

 

“Now while you sit back and enjoy the rest of your dinner, I hope you can listen in on our entertainment tonight,” Taemin stepped in, “_____, will be singing a song, showing the painful, sorrowful side of love. The flight of love can be uplifting and joyful, but the fall can sometimes be hurtful, scarring, and tragic. Please enjoy the song 'I Will Forget You'.”

 

With that I took a deep breath, conjured all of my feelings, and as the music began, I let out my feelings with each word sliding out of my mouth.

 

 

I felt a tear slip down my face.

 

Both of the parents stood up, clapping and cheering. One of the boys with an eye smile, smiled in my direction, clapping. The other one had a content smirk on his face, probably trying to act all cool, but his charismatic gaze and clapping was good enough for me.

 

I bowed and thanked them. All of us then walked into the kitchen. Jonghyun stared directly at me.

 

“Nice Job singing!” Yoona jumped on top of me once the doors behind us closed, “I could practically feel all the emotion rushing out of you. It was amazing! You have an amazing, strong, sincere voice. Ah~ I'm jealous.”
 

“You were great out there,” Taemin complimented me. I just nodded a thanks.

 

Suddenly Jonghyun noticed the somewhat awkward atmosphere between Taemin and I.

 

A smirk was plastered on Jonghyun's face as he stated, “Looks like something happened between you to,”
 

“What are you talking about?” I tried to lie to his face.

 

“Don't lie to me _____. We dated for the majority of high school. I can tell when you're uncomfortable. And when you lie,” Jonghyun walked towards me. “Maybe that emotional song was about forgetting a forgetful memory about Taemin.” He leaned his face in closer to me. “Maybe you saw something you shouldn't have,”
 

“Jonghyun stop,” Taemin got in between us. “None of that is your business so stop poking your nose into it. Secondly, how do you know the song wasn't about you? I mean, coming home to find your lover in a bed that you own is pretty heart-wrenching if you ask me,”

 

Jonghyun snapped, “We weren't lovers at that time! It was over. O-V-E-R.”

 

“Still!” Taemin yelled, “It didn't even appear in your mind that she'd be coming to the apartment room because well I don't know.. SHE STILL LIVED THERE!”

 

“Do I ever tell you how to live your life? No! Then stop reprimanding me about mine!” Jonghyun grabbed the closest thing to him, which was a tomato and violently threw it at Taemin. It smacked him dead on in the chest, splattering all over his white v-neck.

 

Suddenly, Taemin's eye became dark as he slowly picked up a tomato from our side and angrily chucked it at Jonghyun. Suddenly, the kitchen was filled with havoc and chaos as different foods were flung at each other.

 

“What is going on in here?!” Mrs. Kahi Park entered the kitchen with rage. Suddenly, all flying objects had ceased as we all froze in fear. She glared at the scene before, took in a deep breath, and continued speaking in an overly trying to be nice tone, “All of you get changed into something fancier. In the closet the family has chosen a couple of outfits for you to choose from. When you are finished please come down to the dining table for dinner. We will announce the winner, you will get to meet the family, and the losers will receive their punishment.”

 

When she finally left, everyone let out a breathe of relief. Jonghyun and Taemin were completely covered in food from head to toe. I burst out in laughter and soon the whole room was laughing as well. Though we created a complete mess and used various food items as a way to express our anger, it was a pretty fun, team bonding experience.

 


Making this chapter made me very very hungry!

Who else is hungry?

Anyway what did you think about the chapter? & blah blah blah.

COMMENTS ARE VERY MOTIVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL~