Letter To Romeo

Someday You'll Realize

Once we approached the fire, we were completely out of breath.

 

“We. Made. It.” I heavily heaved.

 

“Geez, took you long enough,” I looked up to see Jonghyun sitting on one of the camp chairs surrounding the fire. On his lap was Se Kyung. However, for the first time in a while, Jonghyun looked a little uncomfortable. As if he didn't want Se Kyung on his lap.

 

“No! You're kidding me!” Taecyeon complained, upset that we weren't first. I glanced at Jonghyun and Se Kyung and the way that they were sitting.

 

“What?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“Hm,” I answered, “Nothing. Nothing. Just the way that your sitting makes me think that you are an evil villain and the person on your lap is the usually overly ual and barely dressed female helper/henchman.”

 

“What did you say to me?” Se Kyung quickly got up off his lap to glare at me.

 

“Oh, I wasn't saying anything to you. I was talking to your boyfriend over there,” I smiled at her.

 

“Why you little-” Se Kyung was about to charge for me.

 

“Okay, that's enough,” Kahi appeared out of no where, grabbing Se Kyung's arm. “Behave,” She hissed. Se Kyung obediently nodded. I was getting ready for Kahi to scold me, however, she patted me on the head and smiled.

 

“It's finally nice to see someone standing up to Se Kyung. Usually, girls just cringe away from her because they're terrified of her personality,” Kahi explained. Se Kyung just stuck her nose in the air.

 

“Okay, so as you can tell, victory goes to the Red Team, giving them 50 points. Blue Team loses earning them a score of 45 points. Not only that, but the Red Team gets to use the Blue Team as slaves tomorrow,” Kahi explained. “For now, you guys can just enjoy the fire. The Kim family is coming out right now with hot dogs and marshmallows to roast over the fire.”

 

“YAY! SMORES!” I screamed happily as Minho and Onew appeared with five packs of marshmallows.

 

Jonghyun chuckled.

 

“What?!” I shot him a dirty look.

 

“You're rejoicing, but you seemed to have forgotten that tomorrow you're going to be my slave,” He smiled.

 

I frowned and chuckled a package of marshmallows at him.

 

“YAH! Why do you always get so violent?” Jonghyun complained. I just stuck my tongue out at him.

 

“Oh,” I noticed something hooked onto his belt loop, “Is that what I think it is?” I .

 

Jonghyun looked down and quickly covered it with his hand, slightly blushing, “Shut up, okay? I had no idea where to put the two key chains so I just put them on my belt loop,”

 

“Uh-huh, sure.” I just rolled my eyes at Jonghyun's obvious lies. Se Kyung appeared again, glaring at me, but smiling at her beloved boyfriend. I just turned away from them and moved towards the fire, roasting my marshmallow. I glanced at the roaring flames as they changed into different illuminating colors like bright orange, yellow, and red. I listened as the fire cracked and sparks sprung out, only to float into the air.

 

I placed my hands into my pockets, ready to sit back and relax. However, I felt something crumbly in it. I took it out only to reveal the letter I had written to vent my feelings about Jonghyun.

 

“Whatcha got there?” A voice curiously stated from behind me. I swiftly shoved the letter back into my pocket and turned around to see a smirking Key.

 

“N-nothing,” I stuttered.

 

“Liar,” He stated. “You shoved something in your pocket. Plus, you practically jumped and panicked when I asked you what you had in your hands. So I highly doubt it's nothing,”

 

“Just a piece of paper,” I muttered, curling up into a ball, watching my marshmallow so that it wouldn't catch on fire.

 

“Hm,” Key sat next to me and stuck out his hand, “Give it to me,”

 

“WHAT?” I looked at him, shocked at his request.

 

“You heard me,” He smirked, “It'll be the second wish you owe me.”
 

I frowned and hesitated, “Fine.” Slowly, I took out the piece of paper, but Key quickly snatched it from my hands. I glanced at his expression, carefully reading his reactions as he read it. He seemed seriously concentrated throughout the whole thing, however, near the end his face puffed up as he held back his laughter. In the end, he just couldn't hold it in.

 

“Who knew you could be so obsessive, overly cocky, and confident all at the same time?” Key practically screamed in laughter, earning us some strange looks. I tried to grab the letter from him, but he snatched it away before I had the chance.

 

“Nope,” Key shook his head, “This is mine now.”

 

I frowned, “No! Why? I let you read it already!”

 

Key stared at me, “_____, why do you have this with you anyway?”

 

I looked away, “I don't know... In the beginning of the trip I thought I could give it to Jonghyun to let him know that I'm going to find someone better. I wanted to show him that I wasn't the obedient little girl he once knew. I wanted to show Jonghyun that I could be strong without him,”

 

“So you wanted to give him this corny letter?” Key questioned.

 

I just glared at him, but then sighed, “Well, that's what I thought at first. However, things changed,”

 

“How so?” Key asked.

 

“Like it'd tell you! You'd probably just tell your master Jonghyun everything. Since you're his loyal servant and all.” I mumbled bitterly.

 

Key just smiled, “Come on. I promise I won't tell him,” I just stared at him, observing every little movement he made, searching to see if he was telling the truth. “_____, let's be real here. You need to tell someone something about your girlish feelings and if you keep it bottled up I'm sure that petite little body of yours will explode.”

 

I took in a deep breath, “Fine. But you can't tell ANYONE!” Key nodded his head, “Honestly, I wanted to get over Jonghyun, yet something still clings to him. The desire to forget the pain and the want to have everything the back to normal was unbearable to the point where somewhere deep inside I believed Jonghyun still had feelings for me. Then I had Taemin help me to finally realize that I could do better. Taemin and I confessed to each other, however, your little friend had to ruin it all,” I sighed, “I guess getting over Jonghyun would be harder than I thought. Now, I'm not even sure how I feel towards him.”

 

Key just nodded his head, “Yup. I understand now,”

 

“You do?” I looked to him, excited.

 

“Yeah. I understand that you girls have the most confusing drama I've ever witnessed.” He got up, “Well, it was nice talking to you.” With that said Key moved to sit next to Jonghyun who was striking up a conversation with Se Kyung.

 

The Next Morning

 

“Yo, ____!” I heard that annoying voice call my name as I walked down the hallway. How in the world did he manage to wake up this early in the morning? I was only up at 5 a.m because I was tossing and turning all night about the fact that I told Key everything, every detail of my drama with Taemin and Jonghyun. Not only that, but I gave him the letter that I scribbled my emotions on to. Seeing Key this early in the morning would put me in a horrible mood.

 

“Yes Key?” I turned to him aggravated.

 

He gave me a weary smile.

 

“What is it?” I asked, still annoyed.

 

“I kinda lost the letter,” Key sheepishly replied.

 

“YOU WHAT?!?!” I screamed, practically waking up the whole house.

 


Sorry guys, updates are going to become less and less because of school...

PLEASE BE PATIENT!!! T.T

COMMENTS ARE VERY MOTIVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL~