The Marks

Someday You'll Realize

Once I finished taking a shower, I examined by whole body in the mirror. The whole upper half of my body was covered in bite marks. Shamefully red and exposed, I covered those painful marks up with the crème ointment Jonghyun had given me. It had a floral scent to it, like a blooming red rose. It soothed the pain away quickly. I grabbed the clothes that Jonghyun left for me earlier. He had grabbed me some shorts, an over-sized sweatshirt dress, and a casual scarf.

 

 

At first I questioned the look, but looking at my neck and other bodily parts, I realized this would be the safest to wear around Taemin and the others.

 

“Attention both teams,” I heard Auntie Kahi's voice appear over the intercom. I guess all rich people have them in their houses? “Please come and meet down in the living room to receive your next challenge.”

 

I walked out of the bathroom to find both Taemin and Jonghyun staring at me. I cautiously eyed Jonghyun, stealing a quick glance at him before turning my full attention to Taemin.

 

“Aren't you warm with that all on?” Taemin asked.

 

“N-no, actually I'm a bit chilly actually,” I lied.

 

Taemin gave me a big hug, “I'll warm you up with my body heat. Also, I can lie in bed with you after this challenge to warm you up if you'd like,” Taemin purred this all into my ear.

 

Jonghyun grabbed his brother and yanked him away from me, scolding him saying, “I don't want you to end up having children at such a young age. That and your touchiness with ____ is getting on my nerves,”

 

“Yah!” Taemin complained, “You just ruined my teasing moment! Also, even if I did decide to do those sort of things, I'm sure I'd be really careful,” I chuckled as Taemin's senses and hate towards Jonghyun slowly came back. Jonghyun's grip only became stronger on the younger.

 

All of us got out in the hallway. Right when that happened Se Kyung automatically jumped on Jonghyun, who just acted like nothing was wrong. He just happily swung her around, causing her to giggle.

 

Huh, I thought to myself, I guess he's pretty good at acting. It might explain why I didn't even suspect that he was cheating on me the whole time we were dating.

 

Yoona and Taemin made eye contact. They both gave each other a smile. Yoona took a glance at Taecyeon who had already started heading to the living room. Taemin gave her the thumbs up as Yoona hopped on over next to Taecyeon starting up a conversation.

 

“What was that all about?” I curiously asked Taemin.

 

“Turns out you weren't the only one who didn't know their feelings toward someone,” He smiled at me. That smile just washed away ever worry I had a second ago. It completely erased the memory of my wrong-doings.

 

I playfully shoved him, “Yah! What's that suppose to mean?”

 

“Oh, nothing,” Taemin slid his hand into mine as we walked down the hallway swinging our arms.

 

Downstairs

 

“Hello children,” Kahi welcomed us as we gathered around the fireplace. “I have your next challenge ready for you,”

 

“Auntie Kahi, really?” Jonghyun complained, “We already completed one for today. Just let us all go to sleep,”

 

She just ignored her nephew's comment and continued, “Every year the Kim family throws a huge, extravagant celebration. It's so big that even the most famous celebrities around come to it each year,”

 

Se Kyung squealed in delight.

 

“This party is usually planned, coordinated, and successfully completed by the work of their 50 housekeepers and 25 party planners. This festivity will be held Saturday Night. Today is Sunday so the event is in 6 days.”

 

“Partay!” Key shouted wildly.

 

Auntie Kahi just smiled, “Yes, it will be quiet a party. However, they have given all of those helpers the whole week off. The reason? Is because you all will be replacing them,”

 

“What?!” We all yelled in confusion.

 

“The seven of us will be replacing 75 people?” Key questioned.

 

She nodded her head, “The majority of the challenges from now on will have something to do with the party. For example, in this challenge each team must come up with a theme for the party. The most creative idea earns 10 points. The other team would then earn only 5 points. We'll give you until midnight to come up with an idea.”

 

“Mrs. Park midnight is in 10 minutes.” Yoona reasoned.

 

“It all begins now.” Auntie Kahi stood up and walked away.

 

Taemin rounded all of us up outside, under the luminous night.

 

“The night sky looks beautiful.” Taemin commented.

 

“Look at all the stars,” Taecyeon eagerly pointed. Yoona stared at his face, adoring his excitement. Taemin inched closer towards me and held my hand. I was completely awkward. I didn't pull away because that would look way too suspicious. But I didn't happily grip it like the crazy in love person I was before the Jonghyun incident would have.

 

“So what should we do?” Taemin asked, still holding my hand.

 

“I honestly have no clue.” I stated.

 

“I feel like we won't come up with a theme on time.” Yoona pouted.

 

“Aw come on guys,” Taecyeon smiled, “I'm sure we'll think of something.” Five minutes past and nothing came out of our mouths.

 

“How about a sports theme? We could all dress up in different sports attire?” Taecyeon offered.

 

“Hm, I feel like celebrities really wouldn't want to come to a party and dress up in sports attire,” I argued.

 

“Oh, true,” Taecyeon responded.

 

“How about a Red Carpet themed party? You know because they're celebrities and stuff,” Yoona suggested.

 

“That sounds pretty good actually,” I agreed.

 

“However,” Taemin begged to differ, “We should do something that is unique and different. Something that the audience isn't used to so that it will be a memorable night,”

 

“True,” Everyone cooed at Taemin's idea. Three more minutes past by.

 

“So let's brain storm a little,” I offered, “Let's come up with things that are the opposite of what celebrities are used to,”

 

“Well, celebrities are stars that shine bright. But if we did the opposite of that then it'd be dull, which does not sound exciting for a party.” Taeyceon stated.

 

“The spotlight,” Yoona said, “Because everyone knows who they usually are, so even just by walking out into a grocery store people will give them attention. So the opposite would be being unknown or covered up.”

 

“Celebrities usually have their personal life spread all over a magazine cover spread so their life has no privacy,” Taemin informed, “Meaning their life is a mystery to all of us. So they can be both secretive and overly revealing.”

 

Another minute passed.

 

“Ah!” Yoona screamed, “We have to come up with something quick! It's almost midnight!”

 

“I have an idea!” I yelled and whispered it in their ears. They all smiled at me, complimenting me, then we booked it to the living room.

 

Living Room

 

“Red Team, please present your theme,”

 

Se Kyung presented the first team's idea, “Well the celebrity life is upbeat, energetic, and a never-ending party. We decided to incorporate this atmosphere in with our theme. We're going with the bold and dangerous 'Viva Las Vegas'. Everyone will have a blast with the boisterous event,”

 

Se Kyung was practically glowing with arrogance, already thinking they had won.

 

“Blue Team, please inform us of your idea,”

 

I stood up and stepped forward, “We all agreed on the idea of a mysterious, thrilling sort of feel to the party with a 'Midnight Masquerade'. It'll give off a sense of adventure since you really can't tell who everyone is. People will let their personalities and dresses shine while the mask will conceal they're true appearance. The mysterious night can bring about anything interesting throughout the party, letting the guests experience a night filled with questions that need answers,”

 

When I finished, Auntie Kahi announced, “Well, both ideas were very well thought up. I'll discuss things with the Kim family who will vote. And our readers will vote as well,” Kahi winked at _____.

 

“Readers?” Jonghyun asked, “Auntie Kahi, I think you need to get some rest first,”

 

“The answers will be revealed in the morning children. Good night,” She waved good-bye and we all headed up to our rooms for a good night's rest.

 


 

Hello my dear readers!

Kahi was right. In the comment section please vote for the idea you like best.

I would love to have at least 5 votes.

It'll not only help continue the story, but it'll help me choose the different scenarios I have in my head for each theme.

Anyway, what did you think of Jonghyun acting as if nothing happened when he was with Se Kyung?

What do you think ___ should do about the whole situation?

Should she tell Taemin what happened between her and Jonghyun? Or keep it a secret?

Anyway. Sorry for not updating a lot. I've been really busy with cheer because we have a competition coming up. Please forgive me! Also, I apologize for a short and slightly boring chapter!! T.T

COMMENTS ARE MOTIVATING!

LOVE YOU ALL~