Chapter - 9

Nectar of Pain

Yuri’s POV

 

‘Everybody loves the things you do

From the way you talk

To the way you move

Everybody here is watching you

Cause you feel like home

You’re like a dream come true’

 

‘But if by chance you’re here alone

Can I have a moment?

Before I go?

Cause I’ve been by myself all night long

Hoping you’re someone I used to know’

 

Taeyeon is singing When we were young by Adele on the stage. The small girl who is sitting on the chair while holding microphone with the band surround her. Her voice is clean and clear. I really love her voice. She looks like she is into the song. She peeked at me while singing as our eyes met and I smiled at her. She smiled back weakly.

 

‘You still look like a movie

You still sound like a song

My God, this reminds me, of when we are young’

 

She stared at me while singing that parts as I almost feel like she is talking to me and get goosebumps. She is really good at singing. After that her high note comes, it’s so amazing. She wrapped up the song very nicely. She got a loud cheering from the audience as I also clapped proudly.

 

“You are amazing”

 

She came to me as soon as she is done with the song. I was sitting at the corner table drinking alone.

 

“Thank you. I was so nervous. I won’t be able to do without you”

 

She held my hand as I held her back.

 

“Congratulation”

 

“I know…it’s on me”

 

She joked back by saying she will pay for my food as we giggled.

 

“Yah…I am serious”

 

I pouted as she smiled. She sipped my wine as she ordered the same thing. She can’t handle alcohol much even though she likes to drink. It’s been a long time, me and Taeyeon just hang out alone. Mostly, Jessica or another one is with us.

 

“What is your plan tonight?”
 

I asked her as we were enjoying the music and wine.

 

“Nothing really”

 

“Do you wanna sleepover at my place and play Nintendo?”

 

I suggested as she gladly agreed. It’s been a long time we last play game together just us. You can see how much we miss out by our busy schedule.

 

“That’s the best thing I heard today”

 

We giggled. Then we grabbed uber and went home. I didn’t bring my car today since we will be drinking. She is just telling me random jokes as we were giggling all the way. Her ajumma laugh makes me laugh more. I feel sorry for the driver. He may need to check his hearing later. And it’s been a long time I see that side of her. She is usually quiet with the group.


“Shall we drink beer?”

 

Taeyeon asked as she took out two beer bottles from the fridge and beef jerky. I was setting up the Nintendo with TV so that we can play it on big screen. We were both so excited.

 

“It’s been a long time”

 

Taeyeon said as she grabbed the controller. We played marios and racing games. Then I suggested we play just dance.

 

“You wanna dance now? At midnight? Seriously?”

 

Taeyeon laughed as she was already moving the table so that we have space to dance.

 

“Why not? I need to do SHY again. So, why don’t we warm up our bodies?”
 

I said as I am choosing the song.

 

“I am not in the group”

 

She rolled her eyes as she grinned. Then she is also participating in choosing the song. We are having so much fun as we dance continuously for like an hour.

 

“Omg I am so tired”

 

We said as we threw ourselves on the couch and giggled. Then I checked my phone. Expectedly I saw Jessica’s message.

 

“Sica said she is jealous and she wanna join”

 

I smiled while reading her message as I shared to Taeyeon who is dying beside me.

 

“That kid is too clingy to you. Tell her I am jealous too”

 

Taeyeon said as we laughed. They are so funny. It’s true that Jessica is mostly clingy to me.

 

“Omg I am popular”

 

I smirked proudly.

 

“Yeah, you are. Now, the new kid showing a lot of affection for you. Be careful, you may end up dating girl like me”

 

The new kid she mentioned is Tiffany, her roommate. Taeyeon said like she is senior in dating girl. Well, she is. I never date a girl before.

 

“How’s your love life?”
 

Then we started our serious conversation. Actually, I am a bit worried about Taeyeon since she is quiet. Ever since she broke up with her first girlfriend, she changed. She was dork before that. She was ghosted by her ex. So, she really got trauma and suffer for a long time. I am glad that she got back to normal except she got quiet.

 

“Yuri…it’s been 3 years. I should be okay”

 

Taeyeon smiled as I can see she’s really okay.

 

“I don’t wanna dig again but don’t you think Fany resembles someone?

 

I asked as I was closely checking her reaction. She got surprised by what I said.

 

“OMG…I thought I am the only one who think like that. Right? Isn’t she?”

 

We were both holding hand in surprise. Our face can get Oscar. The gossip is going well. She looks like Taeyeon’s ex who ghosted her. They got the same eyes smile.

 

“Yeah, the eyes smile”

 

We both said at the same time as we chuckled.

 

“Omg…you know I was so shocked when I first met her. I couldn’t talk. You know how Fany greets right? I am so shocked and speechless. I was like NO…not eyes smile again”


She chuckled. Now, it passed 3 years so she can talk like a joke but before that she looked so pathetic. Since I am the only one who met with Bang Minah before, so the other girls won’t be able to tell. They know Taeyeon was ghosted but they never saw Minah before.

 

“I am only being comfortable after I introduced her with you guys”

 

She said while laughing.

 

“She called me TaeTae after I introduced her my name. I asked her yesterday why she called me TaeTae when we first met, she answered innocently ‘Aren’t gal pals call like that in Korea?’ Gal pal?”

 

She made me laugh out loud too. Tiffany is so innocent. She called me Yureee with her American accent.

 

“I told her honestly that I dated girl before and you know what her response is? She told me enthusiastically to come to California so that I can legally marry. That girl is really something”

 

We were so enjoying how unique Tiffany is. At that time, my phone rang, and I saw Jessica’s name on screen.

 

“Hello”

 

“Jagi ya”

 

I heard her small lazy voice from the other side of the phone as I smiled unconsciously. She calls me “jagi” when she is in good mood or when we are alone. Most of the time, she calls me Yul.

 

“Are you not sleeping yet?”

 

“No. Are you still playing with Taeyeon?”

 

“We played Just dance for an hour and we got so tired, so we are just sitting, drinking beer and chatting”

 

“I see. I just done drawing dress sketch for my project. I gonna sleep”

 

“Okay. You must be tired. It’s late. Good night. I will see you tomorrow”

 

“Alright. Good night, Yul”

 

We just chatted a little bit as I hung up. I was into my phone as I didn’t realize Taeyeon was staring at with me her frown.

 

“Do you guys usually chat like that?”

 

She asked curiously.

 

“No. She just calls me sometime”

 

“What did she say? At 2 in the morning?”

 

“Nothing much. She said she just done sketch for her project and she gonna sleep”

 

“Are you guys dating?”

 

“No”

 

I just denied as I closed my phone.

 

“It’s weird”