Chapter - 26

Nectar of Pain

 

Yuri’s POV

 

“Is Jessica Unnie okay?”

 

Yonna asked me as soon as I came back in.

 

“You should ask are you okay first. Look at her face.”

 

Sooyoung interrupted Yoona.

 

“Yeah...Are you okay?”

 

Tiffany asked me as she held my arm. I just nodded back.

 

“She must be tired or not feeling well because of raining.”

 

I answered as I grabbed a beer. Can you not care about me? I kept hearing her voice in my ears. I keep getting wrong ideas about us because of you. Wrong idea? I don’t understand what she means.

 

Since one semester ended, Tiffany and Taeyeon’s roommate program overed even though it wasn’t ended in good term. Sooyoung decided to move out from her parent’s house and move in with Tiffany. They found three bedrooms, one in my building. Hyoyeon is thinking of joining them since she lives far away from school.

 

Taeyeon decided to stay alone at the studio apartment at the University. I am living alone. Jessica, Yoona, Sunny and Seohyun with their parents.

 

“We will be neighbor soon.”

Tiffany said excitedly. I am happy that my best friends will be staying near me. Their house will be our next hangout point since Sooyoung really likes to host and Tiffany really likes to do parties. The girls left around 3 in the morning. Tiffany stayed with Sooyoung for a while before they moved in. Taeyeon will be staying with me.

 

That small girl was so drunk that she fell asleep on couch. I prepared the guest room for her as I brought her luggage into that room.

 

“Tae…wake up. Let’s go to your room.”

 

I helped her to send to her room as I made sure to cover her with blanket. That girl is too drunk.

 

“I am sorry, Minah”

 

She mumbled in her sleep as I sighed and left the room. I cleaned the house a little bit before I washed up to sleep.

 

“Is she okay?”

 

I mumbled as I checked my phone. I got messages but nothing from her. I am thinking of sending her text, but I really think I should leave her alone for a while. So, I decided to sleep without texting. That night was rough. I couldn’t sleep well.

 

I woke up earlier than usual. Honestly, I didn’t even feel like I slept. As usual I changed into my sport clothes as I went jogging. My house and her house are like 15 minutes driving distance, but it will take 2 hours to walk. I jogged there so it only took 1 hour. Did I jog or run? I am not sure. But when I arrived in front of her house, I was sweating all over my body. That sleepyhead won’t wake up this time for sure.

 

I was surprised when I saw her coming out from the balcony. Isn’t she sleeping? Her face doesn’t look fresh. But I am so happy that I saw her.

 

“Sica”

 

I was waving my hand as I called her name. She didn’t hear at first, but she smiled immediately and very brightly when she saw me. Then she ran out of the house.

 

“Yul…why are you here?”

 

She hugged me as soon as she left the house.

 

“I couldn’t sleep.”

 

I answered as I hugged her back tightly.

 

“Me too”

 

She answered which made me feel emotional.

 

“Sica, please don’t give me the cold shoulder again. I don’t think I can stand it.”

 

I whined like a kid.

 

“I thought you would call me or text me, but you didn’t.”

 

She pouted. Why is she so cute?

 

“I was thinking to text you but the way you said is too cruel so I thought I should give you sometimes.”

 

I pouted too.

 

“I am sorry. I was upset.”

 

“I am sorry too.”

 

We apologized to each other as we smiled at the same time.

 

“Let’s go get coffee.”

 

I suggested. Since we just made up, I don’t wanna let go of her.

 

“Let’s me change.”

 

Well, she is in her pajamas.

 

“Bring money too. I didn’t bring any.”

 

She giggled.

 

“Did you run here?”

 

She asked as I nodded. She laughed at me. I think it’s obvious because my whole body is wet with sweat.  She told me to come inside but I said I will just wait outside. So, she went in to change quickly. I am so happy. I couldn’t sleep the whole night, but I felt so fresh.

 

Sica, you matter to me a lot.

 

“Did you bring money?”

 

I asked as she rolled her eyes and gave me her purse.

 

“You suggested me to drink coffee without bringing any money?”

 

“I didn’t know that you would wake up this early.”

 

I said while hugging her from shoulder as she leaned toward me.

 

“I didn’t wake up early. I haven’t slept the whole night. You know how much I love to sleep right? This is how much you make me upset.”

 

She pouted.

 

“I am sorry.”

 

“Why are you sorry?”

 

She asked back. I don’t know what makes her upset. I don’t know why I keep apologized. But I feel sorry that she is upset because of me.

 

“Because you are upset.”

 

“Do you even know why I am upset?”

 

She asked me back as I shook my head innocently while looking at her with puppy eyes.

 

She smiled as she cupped my face with her both palms.

 

“You ran all the way here from your house makes me happy. Thank you”

 

She said as she stood on her toes and kissed me on my cheek which made my whole word stopped for a while. Something in my heart isn’t working normally. It was beating so fast that I could hear it.