Chapter - 5

Nectar of Pain

Yuri’s POV

 

“I know Yuri and Jessica”


Tiffany said shyly.

 

“We are in the same class, but we never talk before”

 

Jessica said. So, they know each other.

 

“How do you know me?”

 

I asked curiously.

 

“I saw you swimming the other day. You are really cool”

 

She said in fangirling voice.

 

“I know right”

 

Jessica said in English. Girls are so friendly, so we just get to know each other in small amount of time. She is born in LA, United State like Jessica and she moved here alone to attend University. Sunny gets along well with us. She can catch up our energy.

 

“Is Taeyeon really your first friend in Korea?”

 

Sooyoung asked curiously as Tiffany nodded. In this short time, we realized Tiffany is very energetic and loud. And on the other hand, Taeyeon is really quiet and soulless person. We don’t understand how they become friend.

 

“Unnie, you are really good at talking and energetic. Why don’t you have friends?”

 

Yoona asked curiously as everybody agreed.

 

“That what I am thinking too. I talk to some people, but they don’t really come back”

 

Tiffany explained innocently. She is really cute and sometimes she doesn’t really understand Korean. So, we a lot.

 

“Am I not friendly? I tried my best to smile to everyone”

 

She said as she smiled for us. Like I said earlier. She is overdoing it. The way she tried to be friendly must be scary for other. We even taken back a little bit at first.

 

“Yeah…Don’t smile”

 

Hyoyeon said as we all laughed. We tried to explain why she shouldn’t smile that way. Especially, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. Sunny and Yoona joined them too.

 

“If you classified the smile in 5 levels, now you are on the highest level called the smile which scare people. It’s level 5”

 

Sooyoung imitated Tiffany’s smile.

 

“I think I got what you mean”

 

Tiffany is little taken back by Sooyoung’s smile.

 

“Okay. So, level 4. If you reduce the wideness of your mouth and open your eyes a little bit, it’s called level 4 which is the perfect amount. Still, it is lack of sweetness. Yoona, can you show her?”

 

Sooyoung said as Yoona showed how level 5 changed to level 4 as we are laughing out loud. Jessica is dying beside me. They are so funny.

 

“Okay. Now, let’s go to level 3. Now you are on level 4 position and add a little bit of LOVE. And be natural. And friendly. Not level of your friendly. Just natural way. Like how you smile to your family or love one. Yuri”

 

I expressed level 3 as they all laughed. Jessica stared at me with smile covering with her palm.

 

“She is pretty”

 

Tiffany mumbled as I winked for her. She is expressive person. She told me that I am pretty 3 times in 30 minutes.

 

“Level 3 is perfect amount to make new friends. But let’s go to loner smile. Taeyeon, get ready”

 

“I am ready”
 

“SO, level 2…you have to put less heart into it. The feeling of lacking something. Okay, Taeyeon”

 

Taeyeon did less heart smile for us as we all laughed. Yoona and Jessica almost died from laughing. Yoona laughing on the floor and Jessica is holding her belly.

 

“Finally, level 1, the lowest level, we called it ice smile. Like you put ice in americano, and it changes to ice americano, put ice in loner smile. It’s frozen. You are lucky. You will see the original ice smile from our ice princess”

 

Jessica did her original ice smile as we are laughing again. What funnier is Tiffany is memorizing them seriously. We are so loud and really laughing for 1 hour straight. Tiffany is so cute.

 

“Now you got it? There are some other minor smiles like fish smile. Yoona is expert at it. But just keep that 5 major smiles and you will get a lot of friends”

 

“You guys really have your own entertainment No wonder people scare of you guys”


Sunny joked as she seems to enjoy it a lot. We all ended up eating cafeteria food since we spent all our commute time teasing Tiffany.