Chapter - 14

Nectar of Pain

Jessica’s POV

 

I am driving these days since I have to come to university early for my final project. I have been spending most of my time in this practical room or library. I haven’t met with Yuri for two days. She is also kind of busy with her own final project and SHY dance practice. When she has few hours in between, she would run to gym to work out or swim.

 

“I miss Yuri”

 

I thought as I was spacing out while reviewing my sketch book.

 

“Sica, I am so tired”

 

Tiffany is whining beside me. Ever since she is getting busy with final project, she doesn’t have time to think about the cheater Nichkhun.

 

“Me too. I can’t even concentrate anymore”

 

I said as I lay down my head on desk facing her. I feel like my soul left me.

 

“I don’t know what the other girls are doing”

 

She said as she was typing on her phone. In a minute, I got notification from my phone. No doubt, it’s from Tiffany. She really loves us a lot. She is asking in the group chat where is everyone and she whined about how tired we are.

 

“Me and Yoona at cafeteria” – Sooyoung

“What are you guys eating?” – Sunny

“Seolleongtang (ox bone soup)” – Yoona

“Oh oh…is it healthy day?” – Hyoyeon

“I don’t think so. We just finished our bulgogi, corn dog and chicken” – Sooyoung

“Hahahhaa…foodies” – Taeyeon

“Coming” - Sunny

 

“I am going to girls”

 

Tiffany said as waiting for my answer.

 

“I will follow you later”

 

“See you”

 

She said as she just packed her things and left quickly. I am still laying my head down on the table. Yuri must be at Gym or swimming pool? I want to see her. I bought one ice americano with two sugars and one matcha latte on the way then I walked to Gym.

 

“She should be here”

 

I was looking around while holding two cups in hand.

 

“Sica”

 

I heard someone called my name as I turned around. Well, I know it’s Yuri’s voice. I smiled as soon as I saw her face. She is with her ponytail wearing her black tank top and short. The muscle is showing in her arms as she is smiling beautifully and waving at me.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

She ran to me and gave me a light hug.

 

“I am looking for you”

 

I said as I gave her ice americano.

 

“Thank you, Sica ah. I am craving this”

 

She smiled widely as she sipped the coffee. I can see the sweat coming down from her forehead. She must be working really hard.

 

“Arm day?”

 

I asked while staring at her sore muscle as she nodded and showed me her muscle which made me want to touch her arm as I touched it with my index finger. She is so y.

 

“You work really hard”

 

I said with smile as I wiped her forehead with my hand. She smiled embarrassingly. She can sweat easily.

 

“Did you eat?”

 

She asked as I shook my head. I just want to see her first, so I skip my lunch and come to her.

 

“I saw in group chat that girls are gathering at cafeteria. I thought you are going there”

 

We are sitting face to face on adjustable exercise bench as we are only few centimeters apart.

 

“How is your project? You look tired”

 

She patted my hair. Every time she did that, my heart skips a beat. Actually, I wanna sulk at her since she keeps hanging out with other girls without taking care of me. I am always the one who has to come and look for her. Well, girls keep looking for her to hang out. But I love the fact that when we are all together, she would always stick next to me.

 

“I feel better now”

 

I said with a smile cute face. Well, I am good at aegyo and it only comes out in front of her. After that, we both look shy and avoid eyes contact and changed the subject. I don’t know why I am always shy around her.

 

“You have to work out, right? Keep going. I will just hang out here for awhile and leave”

 

I told her as I sipped the matcha latte.

 

“No. I almost done. I will stay with you”

 

Yuri said with smile as we were sitting together on the floor against the wall. I can see us in the full mirror in front of us. We look cute together.

 

“Tiffany just texted me that she gave gimbap with Sunny. She is cute”

 

Yuri mumbled as she smiled. Well, she is cute and expressive. She likes Yuri a lot.

 

“I have to go. Tiffany is calling me”

 

I said sadly while showing my phone screen with Tiffany name. Tiffany is everywhere.

 

“Thank you for coffee, Sica ah. I will see you later. Fighting”

 

She gave me a light hug then we waved. I can feel she is just staring at me with smile until I disappear from her slight.

 

“Everyone’s there?”

 

I asked to Tiffany as she shook her head.

 

“Only me, Yoona, Sooyoung and Sunny. I bought gimbap for you”

 

She said as she passed me a box.

 

“Thank you, Fany ah”

 

I got something to eat thank to her. If not, I will be starving the whole day”