Chapter - 6

Nectar of Pain

Yuri’s POV

 

I have swimming competition in 3 days, so I was practicing till late at the university swimming pool. Jessica accompanies with my training. That girl was coaching me with the timer in hand.

 

“Two Minutes and 3 seconds”

 

She stopped the timer as she praised me.

 

“Wow Yul, you are really amazing”

 

She said as she offered me her hand, so I stood up with the help of her.

 

“Are you tired?”

 

I asked as she shook her head.

 

“I will cook pasta for you at home”
 

I said as I padded her hair. She is going to sleepover at my place tonight. Usually, she comes over once or twice a week. I have a lot of her clothes and things at home.

 

“Shall we drink wine?”

 

She asked as I agreed. Wine and Pasta. It will be romantic.

 

“Let’s go”

 

I said after changing. My hair is still wet even I dry with towel a little bit. I decided to shower at home since I don’t want her to wait alone.

 

“You gonna be sick”

 

She said as she pulled me to the lounge chair and made me sit. Then she took the towel on my shoulder and stood up. Since she is a little shorter than me, she needs to stand up so that she can dry my hair.

 

“You take care of your body a lot but not your health, huh?”

 

She nagged me while drying. When it is like that, she looks like adult. At the time like this, I was listening to her quietly like a kid.

 

“You have competition in 3 days. You don’t know you can’t sick?”

 

She’s mumbling by herself as I upped my head to look at her. The world stopped for awhile when our eyes met, our faces are like few inches apart. She was holding my hair with towel. We are staring at each other for awhile then it got awkward. My heart suddenly started to beat too fast that I could hear my own heartbeat.

 

“Let’s go”

 

She suddenly stopped drying my hair as she took her hand off from my hair and picked up her bag. I was left there dumbfoundedly. After that I picked up my bag quickly and ran to her.

 

“Hey wait me”

 

Why do my heart beat that much? It’s weird.

 

“Take shower first. Don’t take long”

 

I smiled at what she told me. She is still nagging even we got some awkward moments. She just made herself comfortable on the couch. She opened the TV as soon as she threw herself on sofa.

 

“Are you hungry?”

 

I asked before I went into bathroom as she shook her head and showed me the sign to shower first. She may be ice princess to other and I may seem like taking care of her more, but she is really warm girl and take care of me a lot. She never shies to show that she cares about me in front of other people. Because of her, everyone knows we are so closed.

 

After I came out from shower, I dried my hair and put on oversized t-shirt and short. When I came out to living room, I saw her falling asleep on the couch. She must be tired. I walked there as I covered her body with the blanket.

 

“Are you done?”

 

She asked as I can see her eyes checked my hair first. I chuckled as I flipped my hair a little bit to show that I dried my hair. I am like a proud little kid, and she smiled.

 

“I gonna shower”

 

I nodded as she went into the bedroom. I started to prepare the ingredients as I prepared the perfect dinner for us. She likes my Carbonara. I grilled some beef too since she is meat lover. When she came out, she helped me set up the table and wine.

 

“Sica, try it”

 

I said as I feed her some meat as stared at her for response. She is wearing my shirt so it’s little big for her that I can’t see she’s wearing short. She nodded me with smile, so I know that it’s good. She is designer so she sets up the table prettily. We are like in the restaurant having romantic dinner. She even took out her scented candle from her bag as we dimed the light. It was really romantic.

 

But the way we eat isn’t that romantic.

 

“Thank you for the food”

 

She said as we prayed together before eating. That is the good habit that I adopted since I was young. She isn’t really into religion, but she always closes her eyes and wait when I am praying. Then we started to talk about random jokes, and we giggled. She took pictures and posted on her Instagram story. Then we would get some story reply from the girls. And we chatted with girls a little bit then we continue our dinner.

 

“That meat is so good. And it cooks so well, not very medium not very well done”

 

She praised me. She couldn’t eat raw, so I made it a little well done but not too cooked. We sipped a wine while eating and chatting about the university and sharing about daily life. Well, even though we spent most of the time together, we are talking about the time we are in class.

 

After we ate, we moved to the living room with wine glasses and watched the show together. We drank till 3am in the morning then we moved to bed. It was a quality time. The memories I will love forever.