Chapter - 15

Nectar of Pain

Taeyeon’s POV
 

“When did you come back last night? You didn’t pick up my phone”

 

Tiffany asked me as soon as I came out from my room. She was drinking her morning coffee on the dining table while reading something on her iPad. She wasn’t like that before. I think she adopted Yuri’s habit of drinking coffee in the morning.

 

“Around 2am”

 

I said as I took out orange juice from fridge and pour into the glass.

 

“Where did you go? You came back late a lot lately”

 

Tiffany asked me like my mother would do. Well, Yuri is the only one who knows about me singing at the bar. But we are friends. Why is she acting like that? I suddenly got annoy by her questions. I am introverted person who like to keep things private.

 

“Fany, I am adult”

 

I think she got annoy by my answer and my tone.

 

“Yah…I am asking you as your roommate and friend. Can’t you at least tell where you are going so that I don’t need to worry? Sooyoung and others worry about you too. You weren’t with them”

 

She can feel she is disappointed from her voice. But why do I need to tell what I do to her? And why would she have to tell everyone that I come back late? I feel like she’s trying to control me.

 

“Mind your own business”

 

I said as I drank my orange juice in one shot. Then I took my backpack and came out from the apartment. My morning was ruined because of her. I came back late so I couldn’t get enough sleep. Maybe that’s why I got more sensitive than usual. I know that I ruined her day too.

 

Since I am not in same major with anyone, I haven’t met with them a lot these days. And people from bar like my singing so I got more shift than usual. And the final exam. So, I am pretty busy. Even I am living with Tiffany, we only pass by. We haven’t sat down and talked for awhile.

 

“”

 

I unlocked my bike, but the lock wasn’t come out. I got mad so I kicked the bike.

 

“Taeyeon ah…are you okay?”

 

I heard the small voice, and I turned around. That was Jessica. I didn’t answer anything as she approached me.

 

“You know there’s something I do when I am pissed off”

 

She said with her poker face as she raised her eyebrow. Sometimes, she is interesting.

 

“Stop victimizing the bike. Come with me”

 

She said as she dragged me with her. She is in the short team but she is taller than me so she can easily drag. We kept running as we stopped in front of the old house of the campus.

 

“Are you good at running?”

 

She asked with poker face while crossing her arms.

 

“What are we doing here?”

 

I asked back.

 

“You know I really hate running right? But I will run for your sake”

 

She said as she gave me a stone she picked up on the way. She has one in her hand as well. I was holding the stone confusingly and staring at her.

 

“Do you see the window over there?”

 

She asked while pointing at the window of the old building. It’s old building of the campus and no one is allowed to go in.

 

“That’s our target. We will crush that window”

 

She said as it’s nothing.

 

“Yah…it’s crime”

 

I yelled at her.

 

“That’s why we have to run. Come on…1,2,3”


She threw the stone at 3 as the mirror crushed then she laughed. Well, it sounds fun.

 

“Come on, Taeyeon your turn. The guard will come soon. Quick”

 

She is laughing freely as I feel like half of my stress is gone. So, I throw the stone to the window. And we heard another crushing sound as we laughed. Then we heard security’s voice as we ran.

 

“Thank you”

 

I said while catching my breath. We are both catching our breath as we giggled.

 

“Are you okay now?”

 

She asked with smile when she saw my ajumma laugh. I nodded with smile.

 

“I have to go now. I don’t know what happened, but I will be studying at the library starting from 5pm, room 225. If you happen to come, can you grab hot chocolate on the way?”

 

She said as she didn’t listen my reply and left. That girl is really interesting. Honestly, even though we have 9 girls, I really don’t close with anyone except Yuri. Yuri is my childhood friends and most of them are her friends, so I was like tagging along with them and get close. We are closed as a group, but I never hang out with them one by one except Yuri and Tiffany. Well, Tiffany is my roommate, so I am closed with her more than the other girls.

 

I didn’t like Jessica that much since I felt like she’s controlling Yuri. But I think I see her differently now.

 

“Room 225”

 

I am looking for Room 225 while holding hot chocolate in my hand. I don’t know why I am here, but I am pretty sure I don’t want to go back to my room and face Tiffany. As expected, I saw Jessica sitting alone in the room with her study glasses and full of files and paper on the desk.

 

“Hey”

 

I sat down in front of her with powerless face. She smiled at me. She seems sweet like that, not the ice princess I used to know. I passed her hot chocolate.

 

“Thank you”

 

She said as she closed the book in front of her and sipped the hot chocolate. I was hesitating if I should go or not, so hot chocolate becomes warm chocolate.

 

“You must be thinking a lot if you should come or not”

 

Jessica smirked as it’s nothing. How can she read my mind?

 

“You’re weird”

 

I chuckled weakly.

 

“I think we have kind of same personality though. We like to keep things private”

 

Every word which come out from amaze me. I feel like she sees through my mind and read it from my face.

 

“Just…I am embarrassed. Embarrassed that I am singing at Bar. This isn’t something to proud of, right?”

 

Without me knowing, I confess my secret to her. Now, she is second person who knows about that. Yuri is the first one and she really keeps the secret. She knows how much I am happy when I am singing so she just told me to be careful and sometimes she comes to the bar to listen and takes me home.

 

“Why would you embarrass? It’s not like you are stealing. You are working with your talent”

 

Jessica told me seriously.

 

“I know but I am at the bar, the drunk people give me tip, and try to flirt me. I don’t feel clean about that”

 

Actually, I am really stressed about that for so long since the first day Yuri came and supported me. I told Yuri because she knows me so well and she wouldn’t judge me. I don’t say other people will judge me but It’s just my insecurity.

 

“Let’s me give you a hug”

 

She hugged me tightly as I felt so warm. I feel like someone is with me. Then I got emotional and started to cry. She looks surprised and consoles me patiently until I am okay. Now, I can see she is warm princess and really mature. Also, unique.

 

“I fought with Tiffany in the morning”

 

I said while wiping my tears.

 

“Taeyeon ah, just go home and talk to her. She will understand”

 

Well, I am walking back home excitedly. I want to talk with Tiffany. I want to apologize her.

 

Fany ah, I am sorry.