Chapter - 24

Nectar of Pain

Jessica’s POV

 

I don’t really like going out by myself. There is only one place I would go alone which is bookstore. I have had a habit of reading books since I was young. My mom was so strict about things like watching movies or playing games.

 

“Thank you”

 

I said as I took a bag of books from the cashier lady. I think I spent almost 4 hours in this bookstore and I bought a lot of books. Since I have been inside for a long time that I wasn’t aware that it was raining outside.

 

“I didn’t bring my umbrella”

 

I mumbled as I was staring at my car. My car is like 2 mins aways from where I am standing. Should I just run in the rain? I already spent 4 hours inside, so I don’t wanna go back inside. I wanna go home and read the book I bought so I decided to run when I saw a shadow covering me from the top of my head.

 

“Yuri?”

 

I was surprised as I checked besides, and I saw Yuri. Kwon Yuri is beside me holding an umbrella. It was like a scene in the movie. That moment was so beautiful that my heart was beating so fast.

 

“Are you running in the rain?”

 

She asked me. She looks so y with her black t-shirt and blue jean. How can a person be so y with that simple outfit?

 

“Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be with Taeyeon?”

 

I asked while staring at her.

 

“I know that you will be running like this so I come and find you”

 

She said coolly. My heart is pounding like crazy. She left everything just for me or are you normally good at talking? Kwon Yuri, I am confused. Why do you care?

 

“Don’t be sick”

 

She said sweetly as she walked me to my car. I can see she gave umbrella to my side more since her left arm is wet. I told her to get into my car as well.

 

“Look at you. You don’t want me to be sick but you will be sick at this rate”

 

I said as I took tissue from the box as I was wiping her left arm.

 

“Your t-shirt is wet”

 

Her whole left side of shoulder is wet. I was nagging a lot as she was just staring at me with a smile. I never knew that I could be that talkative and nag like grandmom.

 

“What will happen between Taeyeon and Tiffany?”

 

I asked after I nagged as I wanted.

 

“I think they should be fine after talking. They both said it’s a drunk mistake”

 

She said as it’s nothing. I was kind of sad because I thought about our kiss. I mean she kissed me on the cheek while sharing earphones. Do friend usually kiss another friend on the cheek while staring at the moon, sharing earphones, listening to romantic song on the roof top of the car at midnight? I am confused. I am more confused since she never mentions that since that night.

 

“Yul, what about our kiss? Is that mistake too? But we weren’t drunk though”

 

I gathered all my courage to talk about it. I am pretty upset.

 

“It wasn’t a mistake”

 

She answered calmly.

 

“What am I to you, Yul?”

 

“You are a very important person to me”

 

“Important?”

 

“You know how much I care about you, right?”

 

I was sitting in my car for awhile even after she left. What does she mean by you know how much I care about you? You are a very important person to me? What do I expect? I wish she would say something clearer so that I can expect something. She said our kiss was not a mistake. Then what is it?

 

I started driving when I heard her horning me from behind. We have a gathering at her place later so I will just drive to her place and think to continue our conversation. But unfortunately, some girls were already there waiting.

 

“Unnie”

 

I heard Yoona, Seohyun and Tiffany. They are early birds who are never late. We gave a hug as a greeting then we went up to Yuri’s apartment. It’s been a long time since we met so we are updating about our life and our vacations as we started to get noisy.

 

“Unnie, have you talked with Taeyeon Unnie?”

 

Yoona asked worriedly. Actually, we are all worried that there will be some awkwardness between our friendship because of their drunken mistake.

 

“Not yet. I will talk to her today. I believe we will be fine”

 

Tiffany said but we can see she’s nervous.

 

“How is she?”

 

Tiffany asked Yuri.

 

“She is smoking again. I left her at the café to meet with Minah. I believe she will be fine”

 

Yuri answered.

 

“Yul, we are really nothing. It was just a drunken mistake”

 

Tiffany tried to explain to Yuri like she doesn’t want Yuri to misunderstand. I can clearly see Tiffany is into Yuri. Why do I always fight to get your attention? Why do you have to be that popular?

 

Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Sunny arrived after awhile.

 

“I was missing you guys so much”

 

Things started to get louder since our two mood makers came in.

 

“Girls, I have special guest today”

 

Yuri announced as we were all curious.

 

“Did you get boyfriend?”

 

Hyoyeon asked as everyone was staring at her.

 

“No”

 

I can finally relief after I heard her answer. But Tiffany seems to feel the same as me. I don’t know why I keep checking at Tiffany who always got the same reaction as me. Are we competing over Yuri now? I mean she should already know about me and Yuri relationship, right? Why is she getting in between? I know it’s Yuri’s choice but aren’t we look more than friends? Don’t misunderstand. I like Tiffany.

 

“Special guest is here”

 

Yuri said when she heard the bell ring, she walked to the door quickly. We were all curious about who is the special friend, so we were all quiet and staring at the door.

 

“Choi Minho is here”

 

Yuri said as everyone got surprised. Handsome tall flower guys came in with a killer smile. He is waving at us. I am happy to see my old friend which is also my competitor. I suddenly feel sad. Are they dating again? He is a big threat to me since he is Yuri’s type and her ex-boyfriend.

 

“Omg Minho”

 

Everyone was so happy and greeted him with hug except three new girls, Tiffany, Sunny and Seohyun.

 

“You guys getting back together?”

 

Sooyoung asked.

 

“NO”

 

They both answered at the same time as everyone laughed.

 

“Girls…let’s me introduce. This is our childhood friend, Choi Minho. This is Tiffany, Sunny and Seohyun, our maknae”

 

Sooyoung introduced everyone as everyone greeting each other.

 

“He is Yuri’s ex”

 

Hyoyeon added a word which I don’t want to hear.

 

“You are so handsome. You two are like match made in heaven”

 

Tiffany said which is very unexpected. Aren’t you like Yuri?

 

“Ex…Tiffany…they are Ex”

 

Hyoyeon said as everyone laughed. Minho seems shy with 8 girls surrounding him.

 

“I am not Maknae anymore”

 

Yoona said proudly as he laughed.

 

“I feel weird to see you as Unnie”

 

He joked back. We were all really close.

 

“Hey…how are you doing?”

 

Minho greeted me.

 

“Are you getting taller?”

 

I greeted back.

 

Everyone is busy asking Minho questions and it feels like they are all interviewing him. Yuri went to the kitchen as she brought a cup of green tea for Minho. I am jealous. I suddenly got quiet, but I didn’t leave the conversation. We were all sitting together in the living room as we were chatting about random topics.

 

“Do you have girlfriend now?”

 

Yoona asked. Please say Yes.

 

“No. I didn’t date anyone”

 

He answered as he sipped a green tea Yuri made for him.

 

“Do you still have feeling for Yuri?”

 

Sooyoung asked in a whispered mood since Yuri is not in the living room. Minho didn’t answer anything but smile. I can clearly see he still has feelings for Yuri. Why do I have a lot of competitor Yul? And they are all better at expressing it more than me. What do I do? I stood up from the living room as I walked to bathroom since I didn’t want to hear more deep information about it.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

I passed by Yuri on the way as she asked.

 

“Restroom”

 

I answered shortly as I was about to walk when she grabbed my hand.

 

“Are you okay? Should I make green tea for you?”

 

She asked as she checked my face. I feel like hugging her and crying. I want to complain and whine about why she brought him here and what is their relationship, but I just smiled and said I am good.