Chapter - 13

Nectar of Pain

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I drank one beer and got really tipsy. I really hate myself that I can’t drink a lot. I want to drink more so I decided to get some air to fresh myself up.

 

“Taeyeon, where are you going?”

 

I heard someone voice when I was wearing my sneaker. It’s Tiffany.

 

“I gonna get some air”

 

I answered her as I kept wearing my sneakers. Then I saw her doing the same thing.

 

“Can I go with you?”

 

We walked around the apartment as we were chatting lightly.

 

“Do you wanna go to rooftop?”

 

I asked as she nodded. She looks really tipsy and drunk. The view is really nice from here. The moon is full today and smiling at us from the sky.

 

“It’s really beautiful”

 

I mumbled as I was staring at the sky.

 

“Did you love your girlfriend a lot?”

 It was too sudden. I sided my face lazily to look at her. She looks sad. Well, who wouldn’t when you see your boyfriend kissing someone else.

 

“Why?”

 

I asked back.

 

“Why did you break up with her?”

 

Her questions make me feel miserable. So, I avoid eyes contact with her as I look down the ground, placing my both hand on head.

 

“Actually, she never breaks up with me”

 

I finally up my head as I stare at her. She looks confused.

 

“She just dis…appear. Disappear without telling anything. Disappear like she was never there before”

 

It’s been a long time I last talked about this story. Maybe because I am drunk today, I feel like talking about it again or Am I comfortable with her? She doesn’t seem to like my answer.

 

“So, she ghosted you? Why would she do that?”

 

She asked in disagreement.

 

“Well, I don’t want to use that word but it’s true. I was ghosted. I don’t know. She moved out, changed her phone number and change everything I can contact her. I waited in front of her apartment for hours, over a month, every day. I cried, I drank, I smoked, I skipped school, and I did act like loser for over a year”

 

I said with weak smile as she looks disappointed.

“If it is not because of Yuri and the girls, I won’t be able to go back to who I am now. Well, especially Yuri”

 

“Your story is worse than mine. You did love her that much?”

 

She looks really upset. I think she is losing in her own thoughts. We are both staring at the sky and lost in our own thoughts.

 

“I believe she has a reason. But I am sure she is very lucky to have you. I have never love by someone like that before”

 

She said while staring at the sky while I was staring at her side face. She is so pretty and kind. I think my heart skipped a beat.

 

We feel sober as we walked back to our apartment hoping to drink more.

 

“We are back”

 

We said as we feel weird that the apartment is quiet. On the couch, I see Yuri, Jessica and Yoona are sleeping. Jessica is sleeping on Yuri’s shoulder while hugging her. Yuri looks cold since she covers her jacket on Jessica’s. She must love her a lot. I smirked. Yuri always takes care of Jessica and eyes on her. They are always stick together and next to each other. When I went into my room, and I saw Hyoyeon and Sooyoung sleeping in the bathtub of mine as laughed while closing my mouth. They look so funny sitting face to face in bathtub. Then I went to Tiffany room to show her, and I saw Tiffany and Sunny coming out from the room quietly.

 

“Our maknae is sleeping on my bed”

 

Tiffany and Sunny put her index finger on their mouth and tell me to quiet.

 

“Sooyoung and Hyoyeon in bathtub”

 

I was holding my laugher as Tiffany is so curious. We went to see them as we laughed quietly then we moved to dining table to drink more. Sunny is the only one who still have a lot of energy. I took my blanket from my bed as I put it on Yuri before I went to dining chair.

 

“Where are you guys going?”

 

Sunny asked while sipping her beer.

 

“We went for a walk and got some air so that I can drink more”

 

I replied as she laughed.

 

“How many beers did you drink? Why are you still sober?”

 

Tiffany asked curiously. Because she got drunk by 5 bottle of beers and for me just 1.

 

“Around 8 or 10? We bought like 2 24-packs. These girls drank a lot too”

 

Well, I can say by the way they are sleeping.

 

“So, except Sunny and me, no one has relationship? Well now only Sunny”

 

Tiffany asked curiously. Since I am in the group the longest in 3 of us, I need to answer this question.

 

“Well, for now”

 

I answered lightly. But Tiffany doesn’t seem to satisfy with my answer.

 

“How about in the past? I know you had girlfriend before. How about Yuri and others?”

 

“I am curious too”
 

Sunny also asked curiously.

 

“Well, Yuri and Jessica dated before”

 

They are surprised by my answer.

 

“Yuri and Jessica dated?”

 

They both surprisingly asked at the same time.

 

“No. I mean they had boyfriends before. Jessica dated a lot of guys before but not serious with anyone. Yuri dated his childhood friend for a year. They were in long distance relationship at first, but he came back. It’s just complicated though. She broke up with him because Jessica doesn’t like it”

 

I think I am drunk. I don’t know why I keep talking about their privacy. Well, maybe this has always been in my mind. I really didn’t agree with the fact that Yuri broke up with her boyfriend because Jessica doesn’t like it. It really doesn’t make sense. Jessica is dating a lot of guys, but Yuri didn’t say anything about it. But I feel like Jessica is too much involving in Yuri’s personal life and control her a lot.

 

“Huh? Broke up because Jessica doesn’t like it?”

 

Tiffany asked in confusion.

 

“Really? Yuri told me before that she broke up because she doesn’t want long distance relationship”

 

Sunny asked in confusion as well.

 

“Where is he from?”

 

Tiffany asked curiously.

                                                                                                                                       

“His family moved to United State”

 

They are so curious about Yuri’s relationship because of what I said but I don’t know how to continue or explain it. Fortunately, Sooyoung came out from the bathroom while holding her neck. Well, it must be so hurt since she slept in that position.

 

“Are you guys still drinking? How many hours did I sleep?”

 

She said as she sat beside me. Gladly, topic changed after Sooyoung came out. They all went back home in the morning around 6 am.