Chapter - 7

Nectar of Pain

Yuri’s POV

 

Jessica said she wanna go jogging with me, so I woke her up. As usual, she always ups her one arm wherever she sleeps.

 

“I am really sleepy”

 

She said as she pulled back my hand to sleep. Well, we slept really late.

 

“You said you wanna go jogging with me in the morning”

 

I said as I am playing with her hair. She is speaking but she can’t even open her eyes. She is still holding my hand as she is dozing off again.

 

“You are not going?”

 

I asked but I never got the answer back. She must be really sleepy and hang over. We drank like two bottle of wine last night. She is still holding my hand so I couldn’t go as well. So, I just lay down beside her as I also fell asleep.

 

“Yul, you didn’t go jogging today?”

 

I woke up with the voice of hers. As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw her face staring at me. She is so pretty even she just wake up.

 

“Yah…you didn’t wake up and didn’t let my hand goes. So, I fell asleep back”

 

I blamed her as she giggled. Then she changed to sitting position from laying down.

 

“You can just let my hand goes. Isn’t it you who want to hold my hand and sleep?”

 

She teased me with her poker face as I don’t know what to response. But it’s true though. I can just let go of her hand. She won’t wake up anyway.

 

“Yah…why do I want to hold your hand?”

 

I answered with embarrassment as she chuckled, and I rolled my eyes.

 

“Hyoyeon said she is on the way”

 

She said as she gave me my phone. Hyoyeon called me and she picked up. She usually comes to my place to eat breakfast before class, just to eat breakfast.

 

“I will make Matcha Latte for you”

 

I said with smile as I got up from the bed. Jessica can’t drink coffee. Well, she doesn’t like it, a kid. Since I didn’t have a chance to jog in the morning, I sketch a little bit in my room before I go to bathroom.

 

“Sunny side up?”

 

I asked as she nodded with smile. She keeps walking around me who is making breakfast. She does nothing but she wears her pink apron which is cute.

 

“Why are you wearing apron just to walk around in the kitchen?”


I as she hit me on my shoulder who is frying egg.

 

“Yah…I want to help you”

 

She pouted. At that time, the bell rang and she ran to open the door. Sorry, Jessica never runs. She walked. Expectedly, it’s Hyoyeon.

 

“You slept over? Morning girls”

 

She said energetically. Hyoyeon is always smiling and energetic around us. She is our biggest jokester. Unexpectedly, she is awkward with people she doesn’t know.

 

“Morning…you come over just to eat breakfast, huh?”

 

I as she is shamelessly said YES. Hyoyeon is the one that I am closest with. We are both AB type and she is kind of innocent even though she looks mean. We have kind of same personalities, same major and same hobbies, so we used to stick together.

 

“How many eggs?”

 

“Two”

 

I asked to Hyoyeon who is also walking around me. I am the only one who’s cooking but these two look busier than I am. They are chatting about random things and laugh. Then messing around me. They might feel guilty that I am the only one who is working on our breakfast. They are setting up the table and come immediately to me after I cook and take the plates to the dining table.

 

“Are you nervous about the competition?”

 

Hyoyeon asked as she put the egg on the toasted bread.

 

“A little bit”

 

I answered as I sipped my americano. I really don’t like the coffee with milk or creamer. I only drink black. Hyoyeon drinks coffee too but she added milk. Jessica is with her matcha latte.

 

Then I dropped Jessica off at her class as me, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung decided to hang out together since Hyoyeon said she has something to tell us. So, we decided to go hiking just 3 of us.