Chapter - 25

Nectar of Pain

Yuri’s POV
 

I think it was just bad timing that I invited Minho today. The girls were so happy to see him, but Jessica doesn’t seem to be that well. She walked past me as I asked her where she was going. She just answered restroom, so I followed her and waited in front of restroom to see if she was okay. This girl is sick? Because of the rain? Or because of what I answered earlier? I know I am clueless.

 

She came out from the restroom after 15 minutes. Her face doesn’t look so good. I can read her face even though she is pretending to be okay. Sica, I have been reading your face for so many years.

 

“Are you waiting for restroom?”

 

She asked when she saw me in front of the restroom.

 

“I was waiting for you. Are you okay?”

 

I quickly put my palm on her forehead to check the temperature. She doesn’t have a fever, so she is not sick. That makes me less worried.

 

“I am okay.”

 

She answered with a smile as we walked back to the living room. Everyone’s attention went to Taeyeon when she came in. She doesn’t look good. That strong girl always acts like a loser when it comes to Minah. She loved her so much. Hope this is the last time seeing her this way.

 

“Minho?”
 

She mumbled as she looked at me when she saw the pretty smile on tall flower guy.

 

“Why are you always like that whenever I see you, huh?”

Minho hugged a small girl.

 

“This will be the last time. Guys…let’s get drunk. I really need alcohol.”

 

Taeyeon suggested that everyone agreed. Sooyoung, Yoona and I started to think about snacks for drink. Sunny, Hyoyeon and Tiffany went to buy a drink. Taeyeon and Minho were chatting in the living room.

 

I told Jessica to rest in my room while we were preparing. Jessica and Seohyun were talking about books. Both our uptight Maknae and Ice princess Jessica love books.

 

We made some steak, salmon, salad, and my best beef jerky. Girls came back with drink as they were setting up tables for alcohol. We opened the music loud. Minho must be dizzy with 9 girls surrounding him. He is a quiet person who doesn’t really like to do night out.

 

“Cheer”

 

Girls shouted as we clicked our glasses and took a shot of the opening. I made nonalcoholic cocktail for maknae. Taeyeon kept drinking really fast and did another two shots by herself.

 

“Hey…don’t drink too fast.”

 

Tiffany said when she noticed.

 

“No worries. I won’t kiss you this time.”

 

Taeyeon said as Tiffany got irritated. How can she say that.

 

“Thank you for clearing it out for me.”

 

Tiffany said sarcastically as she also took a shot.

“Doesn’t she look like someone else?”

 

Minho noticed something as he whispered to me in my ear.

 

“Right?”

 

I answered back as we giggled. He met Minah before too. So that he can tell. That eyes smile which is killing Taeyeon alive.

 

We kept partying for hours. Drinking, eating and playing games. I was busy taking care of my guest and Taeyeon. But I checked Jessica often. She went to the balcony with Sunny. Sunny is really good at taking care of people so I can assure.

 

Minho didn’t drink a lot and he went home around 12 am since he needs to fly back to US tomorrow early morning. Girls said goodbye to him as I walked him out to his car.

 

“Are you okay to drive?”

 

I asked.

 

“I didn’t drink much. I am okay. Thank you for inviting. I am missing them a lot too. I feel like we got back to an old time.”

 

Minho said gently with a smile.

 

“Take care. I will see you when you come back.”

 

I said as he didn’t say anything but staring me for a long time.

 

“Thank you”

He said in a deep voice. It sounds really meaningful.

 

“Let me give you a hug.”

 

I said as we hugged. It’s more like embracing. I was about to pull away when I felt he hugged me tight so I just stood there quietly.

 

“Can you stay like this for awhile? I don’t think I can talk to you face to face. There isn’t a day that I stop missing you and thinking about you, Yul. You are really important to me. Thank you for treating me well and letting me see you. I really missed you.”

 

He said in a low deep tone as I could feel he is upset. So, I patted his back to comfort.

 

“Have a safe trip.”

 

We said our goodbye as he left. I felt something in my heart. I don’t know what it is. So, I didn’t go up straight. I sat in the lounge area of my apartment.

 

“You are really important to me.”

 

I said the exact same word to someone and heard from someone on the same day. Thank you for loving me, Minho ah.

 

I went back to my apartment after clearing my mind. I met Jessica at the door. She was holding her handbag and books. Looks like she is going home.

 

“Are you leaving?”

 

I asked as she just nodded.

 

“Are you okay? Should I drive you home?”

I asked as I was helping to carry the book bags. But she refused to do it.

 

“Yuri, can you not care about me? I keep getting wrong idea about us because of you.”

 

She said in a disappointed voice. Her words made my heart pain. How can you say that?

 

“Huh?”

 

I asked back in confusion.

 

“I am just not feeling well. I can go back by myself. I didn’t drink a lot too. No worries.”

 

She said as she walked past by me. I grabbed her wrist really quick to stop her from leaving. But she junked my hand.

 

“Yuri, please”

 

She said in disappointment as she left. My heart really hurt. Why is she giving me the cold shoulder? Suddenly?

 

“Sica…what happened?”

 

I asked as I followed her to her car. She put the books on the back seat as she got into the car. She didn’t respond to me at all. Did I do something which could hurt her? Why is she upset with me?

 

“I am sorry. At least tell me what happened”

 

I begged out of the pain in my chest. But she just drove out.