Chapter - 1

Nectar of Pain

Yuri’s POV

 

As usual, I woke up 2 hours earlier than I normally have to since I want to do jogging before I go to university. This is my daily routine. I always wake up at 6 am. I put my sport clothes on then I start to do jogging for an hour. As soon as I am back from jogging, I start to make coffee. I sit at the balcony to drink coffee then I start my day.

 

“Sica, I am here”
 

I called Jessica as I was waiting in front of her house.

 

“I am coming out”

 

She hung up as she came out after 10 minutes with her sleepy face. She looks sleepy but she still put her make up on. She is pretty princess.

 

“Morning, Yul”

 

“Morning”

 

I greeted her with smile. She can drive but she is too lazy to do. So, I always pick her up on my way to school. I live alone since I graduated high school. She lives with her family.

 

“Still sleepy, huh?”

 

I asked her with smile as she nodded like a whiny kid.

 

“I wish I could sleep more”

 

She said as she clings on my arm and put her head on my shoulder. That kid is so cute.

 

“Did you eat?”

 

I asked as she shook her head. She never gets a chance to eat breakfast in the morning since she never wakes up early.

 

“I brought tuna sandwiches”

 

I said as I gave her a box. Well, when I make breakfast, I always make extra one for her since she never eats. I don’t want her to get hungry in the classroom.

 

“You are the best, Yuri-ah”

 

She said like a happy kid as she eats the sandwiches.

 

“I know you would bring something for me. That’s why I didn’t eat breakfast at home”

 

She giggled. I like to cook, and she is the one who eats all of my food deliciously.

 

Jessica is my best friend since we were in middle school. She was born in United State then her family moved to Korea in middle school. I went to international high school, and it was where we met. She looks scary if you don’t know her but once you are friend with her, she is so cute. Her nickname is Ice Princess.

 

We walked into the building side by side as we walked straight to the cafeteria where we usually sit. As expected, Sooyoung and Yoona was there eating heavy food in the morning.

 

“Hey guys”

 

We greeted them as we joined at the table. Not too long after that Taeyeon and Hyoyeon joined our table one by one as I went up to café and bought green tea latte for Sica and Ice Americano for me.


“Sica”

 

I said as I passed her drink.

 

“Thank you. Yul ah”

 

She said with her cute voice. I don’t know why I keep doing things for her and take care of her. But it becomes so natural now. I sat beside Taeyeon as she naturally took my coffee and has a sip.

 

Taeyeon is also my childhood buddy who I know the longest with. Our parents are friends and we used to play together since we are young. The girls are so loud and chatting random topics.  We really laugh out loud and lost in our own world. Yoona is maknae among us, the youngest person. But she is so cute and fun, so we adopted her.

 

“Taengoo, how is your new roommate?”

 

I asked to Taeyeon as everyone listening her answer. Her face doesn’t look good today.

 

“She is Korean-American like Jessica. But you know she is uptight. I can’t do anything. She told me what to do, where to put things. I am tired”

 

Taeyeon whined like a kid. It must be hard for her since she is easy going person.

 

“What do I do?”


Taeyeon whined.

 

“Just tell her that you can’t do or tell dean to change room for you”

 

Sooyoung said as we all agreed.

 

As the class time near as we all walked together to our class, we have different major and different class, but we are still going together. Me and Jessica walked together while holding hand and the other girls holding each other too. We always walked together as we used the full corridor by ourselves. Me and Jessica in the middle, Taeyeon and Yoona at left side and Hyoyeon and Sooyoung at right side. We are kind of famous at school. At that time, a guy is waiting on our way as he stopped us.

 

“Jessica-shi, can we talk for a minute?”

 

Jessica looks at me like she needs answer. I just smiled back to her. A group of girls staring at him as I could see he feels some pressure from that.

 

“Yeah. Go on”

 

Jessica replied coolly as she let my hand goes and crossed her arm.

 

“Can I talk privately?”

 

He gathered his courage to ask.

 

“I don’t have time. You can talk now or we are leaving”

 

Jessica said very coldly.

 

“I like you, Jessica-shi”

 

He said shyly. How can you get Jessica with that confident. She doesn’t like weak guy.

 

“Sorry I don’t”

 

Jessica said as girls laughed. It’s like we were mocking him. Then we walked confidently passed by him.