Chapter - 3

Nectar of Pain

Taeyeon’s POV

 

After I finished my class, I didn’t know where to go since they are the only friends I have. I should just go back to my dorm.

 

“How can they eat hotpot without me?”

 

I mumbled as I walked back to my dorm. I saw someone familiar coming out from a sport car. That is my roommate, Tiffany Hwang. She must be coming back from date.

 

“Hey TaeTae”

 

I smiled at her. Her personality is very different from mine. Very energetic and loud. I am quiet and loner.

 

“I went to blind date today”

 

She just ran to me and talked to me like we have known each other for a long time. She told me all about her date, every single detail. We are not even that close. Seriously?

 

“You like him?”

 

I just asked back for social need. And I don’t know why she started to call me “TaeTae”. Is American always that friendly? Then I suddenly remember Jessica. Well, maybe not all of them.

 

“I do. We planned to go second date”

 

I just nodded. Good for her.

 

“TaeTae, did you eat? I gonna make burger”

 

“I haven’t. But didn’t u eat with your date?”

 

I asked. It already passed dinner time.

 

“Who eat at the first date a lot?”

 

She laughed as she went straight to the kitchen. Our apartment is two-bedroom apartment which we have our own bathroom, but we have to share living room and kitchen. Even though our place isn’t that big, it’s enough for two people. She always eats microwave and air fly food or salad if she doesn’t want heavy ones. But we rarely eat at home.

 

“Let’s drink beer”

 

Tiffany got good mood today. But I don’t have a lot of energy. I practiced singing for 4 hours today.

 

“I can’t drink beer. My voice…”

 

I couldn’t even finish my sentence. She dragged me to the dining table and opened a can of beer for me. I couldn’t say no most of the time. She did air fly chicken nuggets and French fries. And microwave burger.

 

“Do you usually eat ready-made food?”

 

I asked while eating burger as she nodded.

 

“I live with my father and two step siblings. One older sister and one younger brother. We live together in one house, but we rarely meet each other. Everybody busy with their school and work. So, our fridge usually filled with frozen food like frozen pizza or burger”

 

I nodded as I could understand her.

“TaeTae, are you dating someone now?”

 

She asked curiously as I shook my head and sipped a beer.

 

“In the past?”
 

She asked again.

 

“I dated one”

 

I answered calmly.

 

“How is he? Why did you guys break up? When did you break up with him?”
 

She asked a lot of questions energetically.

 

“First of all, it is not he. She”

 

I smiled weakly as I felt a little more comfortable with her.

 

“She? A girl?”

 

She asked in exclamation mark as I laughed.

 

“Weird?”

 

“NO…TaeTae, you are so cool”

 

She talked like she really means it and I can see admiration in her eyes. She got me in shock. This is my first time I got admire by dating girl. As half of beer is gone, I got little tipsy.

“Really?”

 

I chuckled. But she still looks very serious.

 

“Yeah…can you tell me every detail? I wanna hear about it, TaeTae”

 

She asked very curiously.

 

“First of all, don’t call me TaeTae. I feel cringe. Just call me Taeyeon”

 

I could feel I am very comfortable with her since I hear my own ajumma laugh.

 

“Omg…I love your laugh”

 

She said with serious voice as it makes me laugh more. We ended up laughing together. I laughed a lot when I am drunk.

 

“TaeTae, are you okay? I mean Taeyeon”
 

She asked me worriedly.

 

“Yes”

 

“So, are we friends now? I am happy that I finally got my first friend in Korea”

 

What she said shocked me a little bit.

 

“Girl doesn’t seem to like me here. I tried my best to smile and be friendly, but they really don’t seem to like me. You didn’t like me at first too, right?”
 

She asked me.

 

“Really? I will introduce you with my friends. My girls will like you a lot”