Chapter - 10

Nectar of Pain

Yuri’s POV

 

Today is competition day. I am so excited and nervous even though I have confidence in my ability. It’s been a long time since my last competition.

 

Girls gathered at the changing room as they looked so excited.

 

“Wow Yuree…you look so y with this outfit”

 

Tiffany said with her cute eyes smile as she was clinging beside me. I am wearing my black one-piece swimsuit which can clearly see my body structure.

 

“Unnie…I am cheering for you”

 

“Yuri…you can do it”

 

“My bestie”

 

“Fighting”

 

Everyone said their cheering words as I am giggling with them. At the same time, I am waiting for one person. Why isn’t she here yet? Is she sleeping?

 

“Where is Jessica?”

 

“Sica Unnie must be probably overslept”

 

Yoona claimed as I felt a little bit upset. Why would she sleep at this important day of mine?

 

“No…she will come”

 

Taeyeon said as she patted my shoulder. She must be able to tell that I am upset even though I pretend well.

 

“Yul”

 

At that time, I heard the small high pitch voice from far as I smiled immediately. As expected, Jessica is waving me, and she walks fast.

 

“Sica ya”

 

I can see Taeyeon rolled her eyes since my face immediately changed. She is the only one who can tell everything from my facial expression. As expected, my best childhood friend.

 

“Am I late?”

 

Jessica said as she hugged me, and I hugged her back. She is so small that I can easily squeeze her in my embrace.

 

“No”

 

I responded with smile.

 

“She was looking for you the whole time”

 

Yoona smirked.

 

“Sorry, Yul ah. I am late because I am making this. I want to give it to you as lucky charm”

 

Jessica said as she showed me the small black gemstone beaded bracelet with the brightest smile I have ever seen, like a kid who achieve something and being so proud to show. My heart fluttered a little bit.

 

“Omg it’s so cute. Did you make it yourself?”

 

I asked as she nodded with smile. Then she put the bracelet on my hand. The lazy girl put effort. How cute.

 

“Wear this as lucky charm. I believe in you, Yul. You will win for sure”

 

She proudly smiled. We didn’t have a lot of time to chat since the coach is calling me. So, we did a quick group hug before I left to competition field.

 

“Yuriiii ahhhh…Kwon Yuriiii”

 

I can hear a group of girls shouting very loudly from the audience. There are other girls except my group, but they are the loudest. I am even embarrassed by them a little bit. They shouted even more louder when I seem embarrassed. They are mean.

 

“WOWWWWWW…. KWON YULLL”

 

They cheered really loud when I won the match. I got first place by 2 seconds earlier. They ran to me as soon as I got out from water. 7 girls hugged me at the same time. I am so happy. I am so lucky to have these girls in my life. I checked my bracelet real quick while hugging. I smile when I saw it’s still on my wrist.


“Thank you, kids”

 

I mumbled enough for us to hear. I thank them for being in my life and always beside me and support me.

 

Jessica covered me with towel. And I whispered to her ear “Thank you” and she gave me the warmest smile.

 

Girls gathered one by one after classes. It’s around 5pm in the evening. We were sitting at our usual table at the cafeteria. We were talking about my competition and some random things when Yoona joined our table.

 

“Someone hit you on the way?”

 

Hyoyeon since Yoona got long face.

 

“I was told that I will die eventually”

 

Yoona pouted as we got surprised and worried.

 

“There is a girl in my class. She came to me and said Unnie I am your fan, but don’t you think you eat fast food a lot? Every time I see you, you are eating your burger and fries. You will die if you eat them a lot”

 

She continued.

 

“I said I am healthy, and you know what she replied. She said you will die eventually”

 

Yoona pouted as we laughed out loud.

 

“OMG”

 

Sunny exclaimed.

 

“Isn’t she tall and pretty?”

 

Yoona nodded in surprise.

 

“The one who read book all the time and eat sweet potato?”

 

Sunny nodded. They nodded at the same time as they were doing high five in surprise.

 

“Do you know her too?”

 

Taeyeon asked as Sunny nodded.

 

“I was sitting alone at cafeteria the other day when everyone has class, eating burger. There’s a girl who is sitting beside my table reading books. She came to me quietly and said excuse me, I know I am not in the position to say this to you. But you are eating burger 3 times in a week already. Don’t eat fast food a lot. You will die. I just worry about you. She said that and left. I couldn’t say back anything since I am in shock”

 

We laughed at the weird girl.

 

“But she didn’t call me unnie. Maybe she thinks I am younger than her”

 

Yoona also laughed with us.

 

“She is weird. I think we need someone like that in our group”

 

I said as I saw Sooyoung and a girl walking toward our table.

 

“Girls…this is Seohyun, my classmate. Seohyun, this is everyone. Yuri, Jessica, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, Sunny and Yoona”

 

“Nice to meet you”

 

She greeted politely.

 

“Omg”

 

Yoona and Sunny exclaimed.

 

“Did you guys eat?”

 

I asked to Sooyoung and new girl.

 

“No…I am hungry. I gonna grab burger. Seohyun, what do you want?”
 

Sooyoung asked to Seohyun.

 

“I don’t eat burger. I don’t want to die. I packed my own lunch”

 

Sooyoung was in shock as the other girls giggled since we already know the stories.

 

“Huh?”

 

“No. I am good. I will eat sweet potato”

 

Seohyun seemed to fear Sooyoung’s exclaimed as she just quietly sat beside Hyoyeon and unpacked her sweet potato. She is cute and unique.