Chapter - 17

Nectar of Pain

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I am extra nervous than usual today since all the girls are here to support me. I honestly feel better after I told the girls that I am singing at the bar. They are all so excited about it. I didn’t know that they would be so supportive for the job I do.

 

I walked up to the stage as I sat on the chair which is in front of the microphone. The girls were sitting at the corner table. Drinking beer and some snacks. Actually, it’s not snack. They are eating burgers, steak, and ribs since there are two big eaters in the group. Tiffany is also low-key eater.

 

“Taeyeon ah, fighting”

 

I heard Tiffany loud voice. The other girls showing me love sign with their hands. Thankfully, they are not shouting together like how we did at Yuri’s swimming competition. It will be so embarrassing since I am working. But I am very thankful that they support me. Even maknae, she doesn’t drink but she’s with them drinking Ice lemon tea.

 

The melody started as I started to nervous. I looked at Yuri and she nodded at me with smile. She’s showing the sign that she got my back. I don’t know why I looked at Jessica after that. She raised her eyebrows at me, and it made me smile. Then I looked at other girls, they are all smiling. I started to sing as I heard the loud cheering and clapping after the song ends. I will never forget today.

 

“WOW…Kim Taeyeon ah”

 

They are all teasing me as we giggled. I sat beside Tiffany. I think we got closer after we fought that day. It wasn’t solved easily. When I came back from Jessica’s to apologize Tiffany that day, we fought again. As soon as she saw me coming into the house, she walked to me and yelled “yah…sorry” which made me angry. I think I have anger issue, but she shouldn’t apologize that way, right?

 

Throwback to that day…

 

I went back to my room after the argument. After an hour later, Tiffany knocked on my door and said we should talk.

 

“Yuri said we should talk and listen to each other”

 

I feel like she keeps poking my wound. Why would she keeps telling everyone that we fight? Shouldn’t we solve by ourselves?

 

“Why would you tell everyone about that?”

 

I asked as calm as I can.

 

“Because I don’t know what to do”

 

“I thought you are smart, but you can’t even think about that yourself?”

 

I think my words are harsh. She started to cry.

 

“How can you use that kind of words to me? You know that I only have you guys. I have no one else beside you guys and I think of you guys as family, especially you. We live together. Is it wrong to worry about my family especially when you told me about your past trauma? Am I wrong? If I am wrong, I am sorry. I will never involve in your life”

 

She sobbed as I suddenly felt so bad. I think I am so harsh toward her.

 

“I am sorry”

 

I hugged her but she refused my hug. I stood up quickly and grabbed tissue and gave it to her.

 

“Sorry, Fany ah. Don’t worry. I am not doing anything bad. I was working till late. I sing at the bar. Yuri knows about it. I am sorry for my harsh words. Please don’t cry”

 

She is crying so hard. Did my word that harsh?

 

“My mom died from suicide”

 

My heart hurt. I am sorry, Fany. I think I understand her better after that. That always smiling and energetic kid has that kind of past trauma.

 

Back to current…

 

“Why are you spacing out?”

 

Tiffany asked me as I get back to reality.

 

“I always know your voice is so good, but I didn’t know that you would be that cool singing on the stage”

 

Sooyoung praised me.

 

“Yeah, you really surprise me”

 

“Unnie, you are so cool”

 

“I become your fan”

 

The girls are so supportive as I even feel bad that I hide it from them for a month. Our final is already done so we decided to sleep over at Yuri’s place partying the whole night. Some are already tipsy and talking jokes. At that time, a guy come to our table and greet.

 

“Yuri-shi, do you remember me? How are you doing?”

 

Yuri greeted him back politely. He looks a little older than us. Just two or three years. Yuri stood up from the table as she went to talk with him at the bar counter. I can see Jessica getting quiet as she keeps staring at Yuri’s and that guy’s back. They are laughing. She seems to be jealous.

 

Well, Yuri is popular since we are young. All our girls are pretty, so they are all popular but unexpectedly Yuri is popular with both boys and girls. She got a lot of letters and candies when they are in high school. Sooyoung ate most of them. Among us, Yuri, Yoona, Jessica, and Tiffany are the most popular. People scare to approach Sooyoung and Hyoyeon since they look like they are always ready to kill people. LOL. And Sunny has relationship and Seohyun doesn’t seem to interest in guys. If she has to choose sweet potato and guy, she will definitely choose sweet potato.

 

“Sica”

 

I think Sooyoung also noticed that Jessica is pouting and staring Yuri’s and the guy’s.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You are spacing out again. Yah, you are already sleepy?”

 

Hyoyeon asked as Jessica frowned.

 

“I am not”

 

“They look so close”

 

Tiffany commented about Yuri and the guy.

 

“Right? Who is he?”

 

Jessica asked. She is really bad at hiding emotions. Her face shows a lot of jealousy.

 

“I don’t know. I never seem him before”

 

Sooyoung answered.

 

“He is handsome though”

 

Hyoyeon said as Tiffany and Jessica yelled “NO” at the same time. What’s wrong with our girls?

 

“Yuri is popular”

 

Hyoyeon giggled. Yuri turned around and checked at us. I think she saw Jessica’s face. She quickly wrapped up their conversation as she came back to sit beside Jessica. She patted Jessica’s hair before she sat down. As soon as she sat down, we got quiet and expecting to hear from Yuri.

 

“What? No, he is just my brother’s friend”

 

Yuri noticed as she gave us the answer.

                                                                  

“Does he like you? You guys look so close”

 

Sunny asked the question Jessica want to hear. Honestly, we all do.

 

“No. I don’t think so. We play together when we were kids”

 

“Sica Unnie is jealous”

 

Yoona teased Jessica as she got shy. It’s obvious when she shies since her ears getting red. Yuri smiled and looked at Jessica.

 

“Are you?”

 

“No”

 

Jessica acts cool but so obvious that we all laughed. They are just something. Everyone thinks of them as best friend. But I am gay so I can see through their eyes, especially Jessica. Yuri is kind of hard to predict but she cares about Jessica a lot.