Chapter - 22

Nectar of Pain

Yuri’s POV

 

I have been busy ever since I went back to my parent’s house. I didn’t get to spend much time with my family since I live in the city and my family lives at the mansion which is like one and half hours away from the city. Since my mom suffered from cancer, my dad decided to stay out of city life. He made home office as he works and manages his company from home.

 

“That’s amazing”

 

My coach praised me as I hit the ball into the hole. Golf is one of my favorite sports and I have been trained to play since I was young. My dad, my brother and I used to play together. It’s like one of the activities for our family bonding. I also found it fun to drive around golf car. I feel so relaxed with the green environment surrounding me.

 

“How can you be so good at everything?”

 

I heard a familiar voice which made my heart skip a beat. The tall guy, who is wearing a white shirt and black pants. He has beautiful eyes and a sweet smile. He is smiling at me as he is showing his arms widely.

 

“Minho ah”

 

I walked quickly to him as I hugged him. He looks mature now.

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“Of course, I miss you. I heard you are back”

 

He said with a smile as I smiled along. He is like an old friend but at the same time he is my ex. I got mixed feelings.

 

“How can you not contact me at all? I watched your dance videos and swimming videos. You are amazing. I am fanboying over you”

 

He pouted as I smiled. Well, we have lost contact since we broke up. We talked like once or twice after that, but it’s been years since we don’t.

 

“You look mature and handsome. Are you taller than before?”

 

I changed the subject. I feel very comfortable with him.

 

“I guess so. Let’s see”

 

He said as he pulled me to his side. I am in a tall team with girls, but I am only his shoulder.

 

“Remember how you bragged to me that you are taller than me when we were young? What do you say now?”

 

He teased me as he patted my hair.

 

“Yah”

 

We giggled together. He really likes to pat my hair.

 

“Hungry? Shall we go somewhere?”

 

He suggested as I agreed with him. I left my car there as I sat in the passenger seat of his black sport car. I felt like our old time. He used to drive me around on his motorcycle before he got his car. We caught up about our lives and talked about old times. We were giggling the whole way to the restaurant.

 

“I miss you”

 

He mumbled while staring at me. I can say he is serious about that.

 

“Me too”

 

I answered.

 

“Princess…can I take you for date today?”

 

He acted like a prince as he opened the door for me which made me laugh.

 

“I believe girls will be very happy to meet you. Why don’t you visit us? When will you go back to US?”

 

I asked as we sat down at the reserved table. We were all very good friends until I dated him. I regret that we ended like that.

 

“I am not going back. How’s everyone?”

 

His answer surprised me. But he explained later his whole family had moved back.

 

“We got new girls, Tiffany, Sunny and Seohyun. Tiffany is like Jessica. She is Korean American. Seohyun is maknae, very uptight and strict. Sunny is cute and fun. We are like 9 girls group now”

 

I bragged about the girls as he smiled and mumbled “Jessica”.

 

“So Yoona isn’t Maknae anymore?”

 

We chuckled.

 

“Are you dating anyone after…”

 

“No”

 

He answered before my questions ended.

 

“Why? No one like you there?”

 

We giggled.

 

“You know what I am a flower boy who everyone likes”

 

His answer made me laugh. But I believe he is. He was so popular back then too, but he didn’t care about anyone except me.

 

“Then why don’t you?”

 

I asked but he didn’t answer my question, but he asked another question.

 

“How about you? Are you dating someone now? Or did you date someone after we…”

 

He asked curiously.

 

“No”

 

I answered naturally. It’s been a long time since we broke up, but I haven’t dated anyone after that. We got silent awkwardness for awhile. I think we lost in our own thoughts. But the server broke the silence. It was a nice date with him. It’s so great to reunion after so long.

 

“Why? You are so popular since we were young that I was jealous everyday”

 

He said with a smile.

 

“I know right”

 

The dinner date went so well. It feels like we are visiting the memories again.

 

I fresh up myself after I got home. I made my favorite green tea as I sat at the balcony of my room where I can see the mountain and the big trees surrounding. It’s very relaxing. I was sitting on the swing chair as I called someone.

 

“Hello”

 

I heard the small voice from the other side of the phone as I smiled.

 

“Sica ah”